Other games thread

Auburn should have ran that sweet 2-point play earlier when they scored in OT1. It would have been game over.

Glad Bama won, they have more to play next week against uga. Playoff!

Playoff for Bama. Georgia a lock regardless of result unfortunately.

Playoff for Bama. Georgia a lock regardless of result unfortunately.

I think it's still good they're playing Bama:
a. If Bama wins, UGA is in the playoff with a team who can definitely beat them.
b. If Bama loses, UGA is in the playoff with three teams who may stand a better chance of beating them.

In other words, better to find out if Bama can beat them before the playoff. They will have to earn a championship

a. If Bama wins, UGA is in the playoff with a team who can definitely beat them.
b. If Bama loses, UGA is in the playoff with three teams who may stand a better chance of beating them.

In other words, better to find out if Bama can beat them before the playoff. They will have to earn a championship
After watching the Iron Bowl all I can say is…like Gretzky and Jordan and Brady and a handful of others, never bet against Saban.

After watching the Iron Bowl all I can say is…like Gretzky and Jordan and Brady and a handful of others, never bet against Saban.

Yep. Bama in a "rebuilding year" is 4 points away from having the same record as UGA in their best season in 40 years.

UGA will be favored, and rightly so, but anyone who would be shocked to see Bama pull it out hasn't learned the aforementioned lesson.

I disagree. Regardless of what happens next week, the two teams with the best talent, highest ceilings, and most likely to beat the mutts were/are Ohio State and Bama. I would like to have seen ugag have to play those teams as many times as possible to have the best possibility of losing once or more. Now OSU is out and if ugag beats Bama next week, we are all going to have to call in all of the favors we have with whatever satan or deity we worship to have a hope of someone beating them.

Michigan is not going to do it (assuming they even win next week, which I think they are primed to lose). Nor anyone from the Little-12. Cinci has no chance on paper, but maybe they have a little magic. Much as I hate the Fighting Drunkards, I'd rather see them take on the mutts than anyone from the Little-12. Maybe they can Wake Up the Echoes. Face it, other than Ohio State or Bama, it's going to take something magical.

There were some great rivalry games today. Ohio State/Michigan because Harbaugh finally got one. The Iron Bowl went to multiple OTs. Bedlam was maybe the most enjoyable game of the day AFAIAC. Even UF vs F$U had a lot of spirit to it and meant bowl eligibility to the winner.

So maybe the saddest thing about today for me was that Tech wasn't in one of those great rivalry games. In fact, we were never in any game at all today. :(

We haven't been competitive in a while. But lots of rivalry games weren't competitive this year. Check out UK/L'ville. Or UT/Vandy. Or Clemson/S.Car. Even Mich beat Oh St by 2 scores.
Over the last 20 years, it sucks how uga is competitive even when they suck; yet, when we suck and they are good, they just blow us out...

I disagree. Regardless of what happens next week, the two teams with the best talent, highest ceilings, and most likely to beat the mutts were/are Ohio State and Bama. I would like to have seen ugag have to play those teams as many times as possible to have the best possibility of losing once or more. Now OSU is out and if ugag beats Bama next week, we are all going to have to call in all of the favors we have with whatever satan or deity we worship to have a hope of someone beating them.

Michigan is not going to do it (assuming they even win next week, which I think they are primed to lose). Nor anyone from the Little-12. Cinci has no chance on paper, but maybe they have a little magic. Much as I hate the Fighting Drunkards, I'd rather see them take on the mutts than anyone from the Little-12. Maybe they can Wake Up the Echoes. Face it, other than Ohio State or Bama, it's going to take something magical.
Ohio State isn’t out yet IMO.
If Bama (crushed) Cincy, OK State, Oregon, and Iowa all lose. I think you’ll have

1 UGA
2 Michigan
3 ND
4 Ohio State

If Bama (crushed) Cincy, OK State, Oregon, and Iowa all lose. I think you’ll have

1 UGA
2 Michigan
3 ND
4 Ohio State
ND is probably the best matchup against UGAg

1 UGA
2 Michigan
3 ND
4 Ohio State
A team like Ohio State from the B1G Ten that isn't in their Conf CG won't make the CFP, OSU is done

Back