Our AD

862813288340914227.gif

edit: oh öööö
apl.de.cat?

Yes I think Monken would have done a better job than CPJ. I think CPJ said he was ready to retire after 2016 but teh AD TStan talked him into staying. I think after 40 years CPJ needed a break like he mentioned. However at his Point I hope the new asst coaches can help get us back to 6 wins this upcoming season. We have the talent, we just need to coach the boys up!
Heck yes Monken was better than Johnson at that point in time. Johnson lost the fire. I love the dude but he stopped recruiting and had no QB replacement for Thomas. Tobias was ok. I didn’t want Monken and was ready for a change but after 3 seasons of horrible football I’d take Monken in a heartbeat even if they outlawed the handoff. Unlike late career Johnson, Monken doesn’t have a closed mind.
Lol. If Monken is that good, then why is he still coaching at Army and making less than Brent Key?

Lol. If Monken is that good, then why is he still coaching at Army and making less than Brent Key?
He doesn't. Monken makes about 1m annually, with additional bonuses for beating army and navy among other things. Key makes 600k. Maybe take the next few posts off to simmer down and check your facts, sport.

Is a complete failure, his votes of confidence for CGC and CJP shows we need to find an AD who cares about winning
100% and for the idiots that think this post is a turd..... Tell him where he's wrong. Because I've only been a Tech fan for 45 yrs and Besides Bill Lewis I can't think of a worse time

Spot on Sir....Spot On

Heck yes Monken was better than Johnson at that point in time. Johnson lost the fire. I love the dude but he stopped recruiting and had no QB replacement for Thomas. Tobias was ok. I didn’t want Monken and was ready for a change but after 3 seasons of horrible football I’d take Monken in a heartbeat even if they outlawed the handoff. Unlike late career Johnson, Monken doesn’t have a closed mind.
For the win

I am not sure Monken would have been a failure, we would have competed in the ACC and mybe an ACC Championship with Tobias Oliver as our QB.
I am also not so sure Ken Whisenhunt would have been this bad. I mean Coach Collins has done a worse job then Bill Lewis up to this point.
Bill Lewis looks like Les Myles compared to Geoff "there's a squirrel on your head" Collins

Becuase our AD hired Geoff Collins. It is a shame that Brent Key is still on staff, his failure to develop all the transfer OL is a major problem. It is not like he was playing CPJ guys after the first year. He is as sorry as his 2015 UCF OC record of 0-12. He is just terrible!

Becuase our AD hired Geoff Collins. It is a shame that Brent Key is still on staff, his failure to develop all the transfer OL is a major problem. It is not like he was playing CPJ guys after the first year. He is as sorry as his 2015 UCF OC record of 0-12. He is just terrible!
For the life of me I don’t get the Monken thought process.

It’s pretty widely agreed-upon that Paul Johnson is one of the best TO coaches, if not the best in CFB. His coaching knowledge and skills are so highly regarded that he has been asked by NFL teams to provide consultation.

If PJ could no longer win at Georgia Tech running the TO, what are the chances some coach from Army who doesn’t know anything about recruiting P5, was going to fare better running the TO at GT?!?!?!

He might have done better than Collins. No argument there. But “better” does not mean he gets us bowling. And Monken certainly wasn't going to ever beat Georgia or Clemson or win an ACC championship. Just like PJ was never going to accomplish those feats at GT again.

I blame Stansberry for giving Collins too long of a contract. But I don’t blame him at all for not hiring Monken. That would’ve been a really dumb hire.

Last edited:
For the life of me I don’t get the Monken thought process.

It’s pretty widely agreed-upon that Paul Johnson is one of the best TO coaches, if not the best in CFB. His coaching knowledge and skills are so highly regarded that he has been asked by NFL teams to provide consultation.

If PJ could no longer win at Georgia Tech running the TO, what are the chances some coach from Army who doesn’t know anything about recruiting P5, was going to fare better running the TO at GT?!?!?!

He might have done better than Collins. No argument there. But “better” does not mean he gets us bowling. And Monken certainly wasn't going to ever beat Georgia or Clemson or win an ACC championship. Just like PJ was never going to accomplish those feats at GT again.

I blame Stansberry for giving Collins too long of a contract. But I don’t blame him at all for not hiring Monken. That would’ve been a really dumb hire.
I don't remember where I saw it but Monken said he wouldn't run TO if playing P5. He would have blended with a spread/passing offense. Would have provided a much smoother transition from PJ. Also doesn't help that Collins alienated our most successful head coach in the last 30 years. What a mess...

I don't remember where I saw it but Monken said he wouldn't run TO if playing P5. He would have blended with a spread/passing offense. Would have provided a much smoother transition from PJ. Also doesn't help that Collins alienated our most successful head coach in the last 30 years. What a mess...
Jeff Monken was also on Georgia Tech Staff in 2008-2009. He then went on to be the Head Coach at Georgia Southern and kicked the öööö out of Florida in the swamp during the 2013 season before being named Army HC. He has turned the Army program around from dumpster fire to respectable.

I am shocked when so called "college football fans" have no clue about decent coaches in the CFB landscape & Yes he is on the record as not running the TO at a P5 school!

How good has Monken been at Army? They have only made 10 Bowl games in their history that dates back to 1890. Five of those have come under Jeff Monken as HC! We can talk about Army kicking the öööö out of Mizzou last year in another post. (That is right Jeff Monken has beaten SEC teams at Ga Southern & Army) God I wish Geoff Collins could have just put points on the board against ND & Georgia last year instead of losing 100-0.

One thing we can all agree on, is that Jeff Monken is a Superior Head Coach to GEOFF COLLINS! The fact that the AD hired Coach Collins shows (and did not interview a CPJ disciple) that the AI 2020 fundraiser was the driving force behind the Geoff Collins hire. It really highlights how many people do not know what it takes to put a winning product on the field at Bobby Dodd. It does show that we will be able to lose in style!

Last edited:
Back