Out of the closet

3518techie

Varsity Lurker
Out of curiousity, did you report to O'Leary or Carol Moore? Also, are the things Coleman Rudolph said about Carol Moore accurate? Finally, do you think Tech needs a Tech man like Kim King for AD?
Thanks.

a straight line report to both O'Leary and Moore, but O'Leary hired me.
wink.gif
Yes and Yes to the other two.

Thanks for the response. It's becoming clear that both Moore and Braine need to go.

Originally posted by General Wood:
a straight line report to both O'Leary and Moore, but O'Leary hired me.
wink.gif
Yes and Yes to the other two.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">GW: Looks like O'Leary made a wise choice!! Thanks for you insight!!
smile.gif

Welcome back General, I thought you got tired of our arguing and abandoned us.

wink.gif

you may be correct...but Gailey still needs to go, too. Even without all this academics s*it, Gailey still looked pitiful last year.

Our program is at a definite crossroads. We can either make changes now and take the road to improvement or continue going down the road of mediocrity which now appears like its the road to something worse than that.

rolleyes.gif

General, I just encouraged Oldfoggy's post re: "no guts on campus". sounds (from this corner with what limited information I have) that we need more like you there. Sorry you had to leave. Thanks for all your contributions during this era of "Stealth Operations at GTAA".

Braine said on TV that things are getting fixed. Anyone, anywhere heard of any changes?

Originally posted by bizzybee:
Braine said on TV that things are getting fixed. Anyone, anywhere heard of any changes?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Yes - I just heard the following on CNN:

"In light of recent problems with the football program, several things are being fixed. This has started with Dave Braine and Chan Gailey being fixed. Both of their balls have been removed."

Apparently this happened quite some time ago, but is only now coming to surface in the news media. It was on the news so it must be true.

GW, about the Larry New thing -

What does that mean (I have wondered) - wasn't Cedric Stallworth holding the title of Director of Football Academics now, and reporting to the esteemable Mss Moore?

Did Braine replace Stallworth with Larry New? Or did he create a new position between Moore and Stallworth?

Out of curiosity - were you the Director of Football Academics when Joe Burns was declared ineligible? Wasn't there some scuttlebutt there?

Thanks for all of your thoughs and assesments.

General,

Thanks for the insight. As a former insider, maybe you could enlighten me as to how this "process" probably was working. I am assuming that the administration gets a report at the end of each quarter with each athletes grades. Let's say that there were 20 players that were considered "in danger" after last Fall. I would assume that meant that those players would have to report their test/quiz scores and attendance to an advisor during the following semester to help track their progress. I would also assume that the advisors would keep the coach / AD in the loop on a weekly basis. Then at the end of the semester, grades would come in and out of those 20, a certain number would fail out.

Obviously, with GO'L, we had a coach that was very hands on and in-your-face with both the players and the school. With CG, we have a coach who was purposely taken out of the loop but who probably does not care to be in the loop anyway. Therefore, DB received these reports and either did nothing about them or did not realize the extent of the problem? Any Dr. Moore just didn't care about the problem because she didn't want to diminish the academic reputation?

General Wood, there is another post on the board from GTFan wanting the Email address of some one named Wood. I don't know if it is you he is trying to get in touch with or not. He is one of the administrators of the board.

drinking.gif

Braine has put Larry in charge of the whole operation (there is no love lost b/n M&N). Cedric is still there but I bet he is wishing he had his job @ OMED.

I was Joe's advisor and very upset about the whole deal, and if you would like for me to tell you my side, I will. Braine had resigned me before the grades came out, but let's say the young man was treated unfairly. We still talk weekly, and he realizes what the true story is.

BB, you are pretty astute into the process. There are a few more layers of reports that we did. And in all honesty, I do not know what she changed after Jerry McTier left. I warned Braine of this very event if he didn't heed my suggestions, and in talking to current players, he didn't. We monitored all the players, and I was specifically concerned with anyone who was not on good standing.

Originally posted by General Wood:
Braine has put Larry in charge of the whole operation (there is no love lost b/n M&N). Cedric is still there but I bet he is wishing he had his job @ OMED.

I was Joe's advisor and very upset about the whole deal, and if you would like for me to tell you my side, I will. Braine had resigned me before the grades came out, but let's say the young man was treated unfairly. We still talk weekly, and he realizes what the true story is.

BB, you are pretty astute into the process. There are a few more layers of reports that we did. And in all honesty, I do not know what she changed after Jerry McTier left. I warned Braine of this very event if he didn't heed my suggestions, and in talking to current players, he didn't. We monitored all the players, and I was specifically concerned with anyone who was not on good standing.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">GW: If O'Leary had remained, would this have happened?

holy crap

this is big .. unbelievable. the more i read about this, it seems that braine dropped the ball when he handed control to carole moore and it seems that she had/has a personal vendetta against student athletes ..

seems like she doesn't think they deserve to be at Tech.

Back