Out of the closet

Originally posted by General Wood:
71....I think that it is a perseption vs. reality problem. As their advisor, I felt it needed to be more of a parental role. These young men come from extremely diverse backgrounds, and need a refuge from the rigors of their coaches. I understand the coaches concern, but I treated the kids as I would want my kids treated if they were so lucky as to earn a scholarship.

The tutors have to sign documents stating what is considered inappropriate. In a rare instance would an advisor tutor when I was there. Cedric Stallworth, the current academic director for football was one of the best tutors we had. I don't know if he is still tutors or not.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Gen Wood,

Do tutors and advisors report up a different chain of command?

I was straight line to GOL and CM. My understanding is that Cedric is straight line to CM.

Something that seems to be lost in this is that GOL just wanted to know what was going on regularly, never did I feel like he was involved in the academic advisement process. He knew what was going on based on information that I and two other advisors provided. Tutors report to the tutoring coordinator who reports to CM. The only thing that GOL insisted upon was that no one had afternoon classes during the season.

Bezerk, you still can't read is the reason you have to use the word assumption so much. First, you went on the attack, so be ready to debate the issues you bring up.

I said some like you have already threatened to withdraw their donations and season tickets. I did not say you had. I then asked if you were one of them. So, you made the assumption, I just aksed the question.

My loyalty is to Georgia Tech football. Whether it is the administration, coach, or athlete at fault, the problem needs to be corrected. I have stated I have no special attachment to the present coach accept to give him the same chance to succeed as any other coach. If your assumption is that I don't care about the athlete, you have made a wrong one again.

A person that buys a ticket for a single game is also a contributor to the program. In fact, a person who watches the game on TV is a contributor to the finances. TV revenue is a big part of the cash flow. If the games have no viewers, they will have no games and less funds.

So, your contribution to the AT is admirable, not anything that makes you a superior person or Tech fan. You are just another Tech fan, pure and simple. You have assumed you are superior to someone who does not contribute to the AT fund nor buys season tickets. Another wrong assumption.

The Bible said the widow who gave the mite, because it was all she had, gave more that the Scribes and Pharisees who threw big money into the collection plate. Sometimes, the ability to give rests squarely on the shoulders of the ability of the giver. Do you donate as much as say a Kim King. If you don't, maybe you are not part of the family.

My credentials to discuss the morality of issues in this forum is equal to yours. It is a Tech board run free of charge by the administrators.

It gives equal rights to all who are interested in Tech sports and wants to engage in discussions about same. So, I have the same credetials as you have to post on any subject on the board. Another false assumption by you that you have the superior right to an opinion on Tech.

Who sounds pompous in all of this? I think it is very clear to most of the board members. Your attitude is that only you and few others have the information necessary to debate this issue, how pompous can that be?

Now, if anyone reads my posts, it is infinitely clear I am not pro Clough, Braine, administration, or athletes per se. I am for GT and the truth involved in each segment of the problems.

Have I aired dirty laundry? No. I have answered questions, made rebuttals, and posited truths about accusations against Gailey for the sake of standing up for the moral issues in this situation. There is a segment of the board that has come out of the woodwork to attack Gailey and try to have him fired.

If you have followed my posts closely, this has been my one main point, to give him the fair chance any other coach has to produce his own won-loss record. So, your assumption that I am airing dirty laundry is also false. I have only attempted to stand up to the point of giving Gailey a fair shake.

Oh, this is a free board. I have the same right to question Nate's post as he has to question my post. I think Nate would agree with this. It would be better if you let Nate handle his own replies. I doubt he wants you speaking in his behalf. Most likely another false assumption of yours, that Nate needs you.

You still assumed wrongly, I was never run off the board at the Hive. I posted on both the Hive and Stingtalk, until I got a new computer, also moved to a new address, and lost my password. The Hive was moved in the meantime.

I just have not contacted them to get my password, nor have my Email address changed. So you're assumption on this is also false. I told you to contact RR and he could verify this.

Does that make you feel good that you carry more weight and authority than another fan? Does that make you feel superior? If that is what it takes to stroke your ego, then fine have at it.

If you have noticed this is a board for free expression. My opinion here is equal to your's, Nate's, or any other person on the board. Now, your other activities concerning Tech "In
the Family" is your own business and I neither want to or care to get involved in it.

You can use your ego in those environments as much as you want, but on this board you are superior to no person.

I am minding my own business. You can tell me anything you want, and I have the right to respond or ignore your senseless ravings.

I will cede to your last sentence. You are correct, I did assume incorrectly you wanted Gailey fired. If you say you don't, then I accept that as your word on the matter.

Any other matters you would like to debate?

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

After having scrolled through this garbage, I'd like to suggest that flame wars be taken to e-mail or at least start another thread, perhaps Off Topic, ala "So&So's a big a fat idiot" so the rest of us can stay out of it if we choose.
I must shower.

It was brought up many times by folks when CG was hired that he had been out of the college game for long time.We wondered how that would manifeat itself.Well,we are finding out.

It is also my conviction that he inherited a program and system that:

1. Was not all it was cracked up to be (see year before last's record) Note also how many have been drafted this year and last to NFL.
2. Had no experienced/proven qb.
3. Soon suffered "more injuries than the average bear".
4. Short-changed him on athletic scholastic matters/now seen that he was RESTRICTED!!!!
5. Involved his taking a O.C. (without his consent) who had not exactly proven himself in the past and who certainly did not prove himself as "ept" this past year.
6. Other tangibles/intangibles

Chan has certainly not be COTY material,yet if honesty squarely face: He did not inherit the best situation in the world by far.......I hope we give him at least one more opportunity and in the mean time, stay off his back, and let him make the best of a horrible, horrible set-up. The year before he came was supposed to be the BIG ONE; so let's give him some slack on his first one.

Originally posted by techsamillion:
It is also my conviction that he inherited a program and system that:

1. Was not all it was cracked up to be (see year before last's record) Note also how many have been drafted this year and last to NFL.
2. Had no experienced/proven qb.
3. Soon suffered "more injuries than the average bear".
4. Short-changed him on athletic scholastic matters/now seen that he was RESTRICTED!!!!
5. Involved his taking a O.C. (without his consent) who had not exactly proven himself in the past and who certainly did not prove himself as "ept" this past year.
6. Other tangibles/intangibles

Chan has certainly not be COTY material,yet if honesty squarely face: He did not inherit the best situation in the world by far.......I hope we give him at least one more opportunity and in the mean time, stay off his back, and let him make the best of a horrible, horrible set-up. The year before he came was supposed to be the BIG ONE; so let's give him some slack on his first one.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">your right on the money thanks !!!!!!!

Back