PA at GT game

I don't know what the song is but there is one that starts with the piercing repetitive alarm or something. That really hurts if you are near the south side.

I don't know what the song is but there is one that starts with the piercing repetitive alarm or something. That really hurts if you are near the south side.
Probably this. The song starts at 0:26

I sit in 101, basically right in the line of fire. The volume levels have been all over the place this year (even swinging wildly during a game). Earlier this season, when the AA asked me for gameday feedback, the only thing I mentioned was the terrible PA programming\engineering. After the Bowling Green game, I contemplated bringing earplugs with me.
Per the link I posted, the speaker array is on a moveable platform. That may explain variations.

I used to work on the video board team and I will say that from my experience, Andy Blanton was very good at reading the game and doing the right audio. The VT-GT game of 2009 (All the way turnt up) is one good example. I will say that with the last 2 games were a big change and I think there might be another influence. It made me wonder what happened as the mistakes made were very amateur and something I had never seen before.

I've heard that this is the girl who is in charge of in game audio now and has looked to bring in a lot more music through the PA system over the band.

http://ramblinwreck.com/gonzales-na...QtpQp140dj8KKTbcU27DcxHCca4gMoO2wqeyBOJwLNF8I

What did I tell you?

The Jacket said:
But playing that song at that moment, you cannot convince me that this wasn't done deliberately by someone trying to öööö with Tech fans. I refuse to believe anyone could be both well-meaning and that incompetent/stupid.

X9pYBqU.png

What the öööö did I tell you? How does this happen?

I expected the headshot to look like this:

upload_2018-11-19_17-56-18.jpeg

But seriously I don’t know that someone could do that job worse than the last 2 games.

What did I tell you?

X9pYBqU.png

What the öööö did I tell you? How does this happen?

I don't know why we would hire anyone from U[sic]GA for anything. It's not like there aren't other schools to hire from.

I used to work on the video board team and I will say that from my experience, Andy Blanton was very good at reading the game and doing the right audio. The VT-GT game of 2009 (All the way turnt up) is one good example. I will say that with the last 2 games were a big change and I think there might be another influence. It made me wonder what happened as the mistakes made were very amateur and something I had never seen before.

I've heard that this is the girl who is in charge of in game audio now and has looked to bring in a lot more music through the PA system over the band.

http://ramblinwreck.com/gonzales-na...QtpQp140dj8KKTbcU27DcxHCca4gMoO2wqeyBOJwLNF8I

I think it’s high time for a change.org petition asking for the removal of whoever is operating the music/in-game PA entertainment at football games.

Serious question, has anyone emailed someone at GTAA about this? If so, what feedback did you receive?

So we hired a uga cunt to run the PA and we're wondering why she's sabotaging the band and the chants at a game where we had a lot of recruits visiting.

"But I don't want more syrup on my pancakes" (Gonzales pours additional syrup on pancakes)
"Need sugar and creamer for that coffee?" Gonzales inquires
"No"
Gonzales begins pouring sugar in coffee as I wonder "why, God?"

Fire her now. She came frum UGA (strike 1), and she wanted to increase attendance and improve the gameday experience, both of which have gotten obviously worse (strikes 2 and 3).

Fire her now. She came frum UGA (strike 1), and she wanted to increase attendance and improve the gameday experience, both of which have gotten obviously worse (strikes 2 and 3).
They need to let Chris Moore be in charge of the Gameday experience. That will coordinate with the band so we don’t end up with the overplay issues. Plus, Chris knows what he is doing and will delegate tasks such as in-game PA stuff to someone who is capable. Not a uga castaway.

Let us convince ourselves Cavman knocked out everyone in the booth and was running a rogue PA scheme whilst drinking his Zima.

Last edited:
They need to let Chris Moore be in charge of the Gameday experience. That will coordinate with the band so we don’t end up with the overplay issues. Plus, Chris knows what he is doing and will delegate tasks such as in-game PA stuff to someone who is capable. Not a uga castaway.

This is a brilliant idea

Whoever is reading ST for TStan needs to write this one down

this was a good post. I was bewildered as well.
The PA needs to be revamped next year

Back