Pack the Dodd

There’s got to be an outreach and marketing budget within the school where they can purchase a bunch of tickets from the GTAA and distribute them to local youth charities, YMCA’s, military bases, etc. to get butts in the seats.
They already do that. If you've ever tried giving away free GT tickets, you know how hard it is to actually get someone to go.

FWIW, I have never sold any of my season tickets, ever. You can attend for free on my dime. Price of admission is you either wear GT gear or regular clothes, no red, no opposing team that days color.

If you show up in red, you get no seat. Go sit at the Varsity or Student Center during the game

$19 + stubhub ripoff fee = expensive no matter the actual ticket price. F*** these ticket resellers.
www.gametime.co is the best market I've found for resell tickets. Cheapest tickets are $16 each there, $30 with fees. If you think $30 is too expensive to attend a college game, that's a you problem. You can sit lower level sec 122 row 8 for $46 a ticket including fees.

$19 + stubhub ripoff fee = expensive no matter the actual ticket price. F*** these ticket resellers.
Nobody has budgeting issues attending a GT football game.

To others: It's simply a question as to whether it's worth the time and hassle. My daughter has to attend her cousin's birthday near Lagrange that ends at 1 pm. Between getting there, getting back to deal with the dog at home, then turning around and going back to midtown for the game that ends close to midnight getting us back home at 1 am, the logistics alone is a nightmare and a kindergartener is going to be a fussy mess unless she can get a decent rest in the car seat between all of that. When GT proves themselves reliable enough to be entertaining rather than infuriating and embarrassing, then people will start planning around them rather than the other way around. Let's be honest, though, GT being more entertaining than frustrating is a 10 day old phenomenon right now and we're talking about more than 10 days in the future. So, don't get your hopes up about hitting 48k.

If they'd move the game to a high school stadium north of the perimeter I guarantee that place would be packed. Maybe play at the Braves stadium if intimate high school stadium is not their bag, baby.

Screenshot_20231107-075030~2.png

Is this Wavy Gravy's son?

I totally get the young kids issue but beating Clemson shouldn't be part of the decision IMO. If anything, losing to Clemson means the Syracuse game is the game we have to win so we really need a packed house
I hear you, but people want to root for a winner. Coming of a Clemson win and 3iar would make people feel like Tech will win. Coming off a Clemson loss will dampen that feeling.

Gtphd is a doctor, of something.

GT doesn’t designate PhDs, so I’m a doctor of everything or nothing. I go with everything but it’s closer to nothing.

GT doesn’t designate PhDs, so I’m a doctor of everything or nothing. I go with everything but it’s closer to nothing.

Yep. I am officially a Doctor of Philosophy, College of Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology.

I guess I spend my time philosophizing.

I hear you, but people want to root for a winner. Coming of a Clemson win and 3iar would make people feel like Tech will win. Coming off a Clemson loss will dampen that feeling.

bring some clean towels and a bowl of hot water, BigDanT and his wife are depending on you

If they'd move the game to a high school stadium north of the perimeter I guarantee that place would be packed. Maybe play at the Braves stadium if intimate high school stadium is not their bag, baby.

No. 10-15 minutes further into town on a Saturday is not what is keeping people from going to the game. Anyone that tells you that is either lying to you or to themselves.

No. 10-15 minutes further into town on a Saturday is not what is keeping people from going to the game. Anyone that tells you that is either lying to you or to themselves.
I wouldn't attend anymore if we moved. Part of what makes GT special is the downtown Atlanta skyline. Otherwise, may as well be Kennesaw State.

Back