Patenaude to be OC

He had some good numbers with other teams but this hire doesn’t really matter because the focus under Collins will be defense, intensity, and recruiting.

The OC hire doesn’t matter?

John-Stewart-WTF.gif

Best staff since ‘98, if all these come together.

Fight me if you disagree.
I have no idea. I feel like the only way to evaluate people is to see how they did in their former jobs... did these offensive assistant coaches lead Temple into conference- or nation-leading offensive success? Somebody show me the stats – I'm flailing around unsure whether to be happy or sad. (Is it just me or is this beginning to feel like a Sartre novel?)

The OC hire doesn’t matter?

John-Stewart-WTF.gif
Exactly. I think it's crucial. How many teams in the last 10 years have been consistent winners without either a great offense or an overwhelming talent advantage?

I don't care if we start pulling top 10 classes. If we can match the last 11 years of offensive output we should consider ourselves incredibly fortunate.

Defense, though... The defense should be better in Year 1 than it has been since 2008.
I just can’t wait till I have confidence that we might win a game without feeling like we have to score a TD every possession.

From what I have seen, I think our personnel can execute Patenaude's concepts pretty well. If the Key rumors come true, as well, that would be huge.

We will have to get used to the idea of not having a scheme genius running the O. That's not going to be the model, anymore.

Has there been any confirmation yet that Patenaude will definitely be the (or one of the) OC?

Back