Path to ACC Championship

This is like the way Daniel Day-Lewis stays in character on set even when the cameras aren't rolling. You stay in character between threads.
I know who I am. I'm the dude playing a dude disguised as another dude. Hell son, I don't drop character until the commentary for the DVD bonus scenes are released.- Sgt Lincoln Osiris

Last edited:
I took a look at each of these games using the win probability from ESPN's Football Power Index. The good news, each game taken individually has a 50% chance or greater of happening, except for Miami @ GT (45%). On the surface, that looks promising as we would need 10 games to go a certain way and all would be considered probable except for one.

Here is each one:
UVA over Pitt 72%
GT over UNC 76%
BC over VT 50%
Clemson/Miami over Duke 99% (just Clemson is 95%, but add in Duke having to beat Miami as well and it jumps to 99%)
GT over Miami 45%
VT over Pitt 60%
GT over UVA 69%
Miami over VT 61%
VT over UVA 61%
Miami over Pitt 89%

The problem is once you calculate the odds of having all 10 fall the way we need (like a Vegas Parlay), the odds drop to about 2%.

If all 4 of the games we need this weekend (counting Miami over Duke) happen, then the odds of the remaining 6 get bumped up to a little over 6%.

Of course, after these 4 games this weekend, the win probabilities will change and if something doesn't happen we need to happen, there could be other scenarios that come into play.

Bro. Miami ded

I took a look at each of these games using the win probability from ESPN's Football Power Index. The good news, each game taken individually has a 50% chance or greater of happening, except for Miami @ GT (45%). On the surface, that looks promising as we would need 10 games to go a certain way and all would be considered probable except for one.

Here is each one:
UVA over Pitt 72%
GT over UNC 76%
BC over VT 50%
Clemson/Miami over Duke 99% (just Clemson is 95%, but add in Duke having to beat Miami as well and it jumps to 99%)
GT over Miami 45%
VT over Pitt 60%
GT over UVA 69%
Miami over VT 61%
VT over UVA 61%
Miami over Pitt 89%

The problem is once you calculate the odds of having all 10 fall the way we need (like a Vegas Parlay), the odds drop to about 2%.

If all 4 of the games we need this weekend (counting Miami over Duke) happen, then the odds of the remaining 6 get bumped up to a little over 6%.

Of course, after these 4 games this weekend, the win probabilities will change and if something doesn't happen we need to happen, there could be other scenarios that come into play.
So you’re saying there’s a chance...

Miami has THE BEST COACH because he is FROM THE SEC AND RUNS A PRO STYLE OFFENSE.. YES HE PAYS THE PLAUWRS BUT HE RUNS PMAY ACFION PASS.

FIRE PAWL JOHNSONS AND HIRE MARIA RICHTS
Did we add additional 220v circuits in the new locker room for his tanning bed? Might be a deal breaker.

I think one could make a strong argument that we could have just one lost if TO started from day 1.
I may change my mind after UVA and Miami but I'm convinced that with TO at QB, we're the best team in the Coastal and would give Clemson a better game than Pitt, UVA, or Miami.

I may change my mind after UVA and Miami but I'm convinced that with TO at QB, we're the best team in the Coastal and would give Clemson a better game than Pitt, UVA, or Miami.
We still are mathematically alive to get that rematch.

I think one could make a strong argument that we could have just one lost if TO started from day 1.

How would he have prevented the 2 KO returns vs usf (last I saw Tulane was kicking their butt), or prevented the stupid azz go for it on 4th down in our own territory vs Pitt, or prevented puke from scoring in 4 plays to start the game, or prevented the stupid azz go for it on 4th down today instead of taking the points?

Ego will ruin this HC. Hope it doesn’t take us down with him.

But I think um will be our one big win this year, and heaven help us after that.

I think that Pitt win last night will be our undoing. Don't see them losing the rest of their games, and we would need a lot of other things to fall our way to win in a multi-team tiebreaker... Sonofabitch

I think that Pitt win last night will be our undoing. Don't see them losing the rest of their games, and we would need a lot of other things to fall our way to win in a multi-team tiebreaker... Sonofabitch

I think our undoing waS probably losing to Pitt and Duke, but I could be wrong

How would he have prevented the 2 KO returns vs usf (last I saw Tulane was kicking their butt), or prevented the stupid azz go for it on 4th down in our own territory vs Pitt, or prevented puke from scoring in 4 plays to start the game, or prevented the stupid azz go for it on 4th down today instead of taking the points?

Ego will ruin this HC. Hope it doesn’t take us down with him.

But I think um will be our one big win this year, and heaven help us after that.
To answer honestly, the 4 possessions before the end of the first half against USF we didn’t score. He comes in and scores 3 straight. I don’t believe the offense would have struggled as much in the first half against Pitt. Again we were not good offensively prior to the turnovers against Duke.

Maybe he makes no difference in those games I just believe I’ve seen enough to believe an argument could be made otherwise.

Back