Patrick Skov

Status
Not open for further replies.
6'1" 235 lb fullback from Stanford.

Only 12 carries last year, but 4 TD's. Must have been their goal line guy.

I remember him from a Gameday clip about "omg Stanford is so smart but so good".

Would be great to have him, pretty much exactly what the rumors have been saying. Not a superstar but a really great get, much like AA.

So Official Visit...do they get new allotment after graduating, or did he just not use his 5 original?

6'1" 235 lb fullback from Stanford.

Only 12 carries last year, but 4 TD's. Must have been their goal line guy.
He has played in 39 college games...remember at Stanford these guys are blocking backs in a pro-set....rarely get carries except in short yardage.

What GT needed this year is a grown body...this is a 5th year senior that has spent 4 years in the Stanford strength & conditioning program.

Paul and Bryan's primary complaint has been lack of toughness and physicality....Patrick Skov will give us that.

We just better hope we get him....this is not a done deal yet.

He has played in 39 college games...remember at Stanford these guys are blocking backs in a pro-set....rarely get carries except in short yardage.

What GT needed this year is a grown body...this is a 5th year senior that has spent 4 years in the Stanford strength & conditioning program.

Paul and Bryan's primary complaint has been lack of toughness and physicality....Patrick Skov will give us that.

I know I am old fashioned,(probably just old) but this transferring stuff just reeks of the pro-game. We just signed a guy off Stanford's practice squad. :cool: Again, I know it is what it is, but how can a Stanford guy from Guadalajara by way of New Jersey suddenly flip the switch and become a Yellow Jacket? The big bonus is this will be immediate depth at B-back without dipping into the entering freshmen class. Quaide can heal and the other youngsters can redshirt. Maybe Skov will be another Amp Allen or Dorsey Levens, but A.J. Suggs always pops into my brain when I hear "transfer".

I remember him from a Gameday clip about "omg Stanford is so smart but so good".

Would be great to have him, pretty much exactly what the rumors have been saying. Not a superstar but a really great get, much like AA.

This is very interesting.

If he turns out to be a real contributor, GT could be a destination for 4 year fullbacks in pro systems that would like to show they can run with the ball before the NFL combine.

It's hard to imagine a better opportunity for him. He's got a chance to be the starting feature back in the best rushing offense in the NCAA at Tech, not to mention academics that are a good fit for him (an All-academic Pac10 guy from Stanford). He just needs to learn to hate red.

I know I am old fashioned,(probably just old) but this transferring stuff just reeks of the pro-game. We just signed a guy off Stanford's practice squad. :cool: Again, I know it is what it is, but how can a Stanford guy from Guadalajara by way of New Jersey suddenly flip the switch and become a Yellow Jacket? The big bonus is this will be immediate depth at B-back without dipping into the entering freshmen class. Quaide can heal and the other youngsters can redshirt. Maybe Skov will be another Amp Allen or Dorsey Levens, but A.J. Suggs always pops into my brain when I hear "transfer".

debbie-downer.jpg

Just had to go there didn't you? :rolleyes:

I lost track of the math .. how do we have room for this guy?

Maybe because the SA graduated from Stanford and wanted to expand his educational horizon by getting a graduate degree from Georgia Tech?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back