Patrick Skov

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patrick+Skov+Stanford+v+Notre+Dame+QZuI5Vv73lUl.jpg

what does Carvell think of Skov? (best talent evaluator around, imo.)

This is very interesting.

If he turns out to be a real contributor, GT could be a destination for 4 year fullbacks in pro systems that would like to show they can run with the ball before the NFL combine.

I like the way you think.

We could become the "'Kentucky basketball' of one-and-done 240 pound feature backs". There really isn't anywhere better for someone with those aspirations and a year left of eligibility. The pool is probably limited though, not too many could get into the MBA program and the other masters programs available probably have even more narrow pools of possibilities, although an MISYE would be of value when tacked on to an array of undergrad degrees.

I like the way you think.

We could become the "'Kentucky basketball' of one-and-done 240 pound feature backs". There really isn't anywhere better for someone with those aspirations and a year left of eligibility. The pool is probably limited though, not too many could get into the MBA program and the other masters programs available probably have even more narrow pools of possibilities, although an MISYE would be of value when tacked on to an array of undergrad degrees.

The number of feature backs in the nation that could get accepted into the graduate ISYE program (or hack the work) is zero.

Once again, the IAC needs to play ball.

EDIT: Nevermind, I forgot about the 1-year Supply Chain programs they offer, but that's not an engineering degree.

I know I am old fashioned,(probably just old) but this transferring stuff just reeks of the pro-game. We just signed a guy off Stanford's practice squad. :cool: Again, I know it is what it is, but how can a Stanford guy from Guadalajara by way of New Jersey suddenly flip the switch and become a Yellow Jacket? The big bonus is this will be immediate depth at B-back without dipping into the entering freshmen class. Quaide can heal and the other youngsters can redshirt. Maybe Skov will be another Amp Allen or Dorsey Levens, but A.J. Suggs always pops into my brain when I hear "transfer".

you're not "old fashioned," you're just a moron

The number of feature backs in the nation that could get accepted into the graduate ISYE program (or hack the work) is zero.

Once again, the IAC needs to play ball.

EDIT: Nevermind, I forgot about the 1-year Supply Chain programs they offer, but that's not an engineering degree.

He's going for the MBA

It seems he would be immediately eligible to play this Fall if he transfers into our graduate program.

Am I right, or am I missing something?

It seems he would be immediately eligible to play this Fall if he transfers into our graduate program.

Am I right, or am I missing something?

You are right, but missing that seasons are not capitalized. :dunno:

I just wish the assholes wouldn't let this information slip out so quickly. I mean think about the dozens and dozens of dollars to be made by information hungry GT fans if they could only be a little more patient.

I just wish the assholes wouldn't let this information slip out so quickly. I mean think about the dozens and dozens of dollars to be made by information hungry GT fans if they could only be a little more patient.

It has been kept under hat for 3 months....Patrick and his father gave permission to run the story today because someone let it slip on social media. They were not thrilled but as soon as he shows up Friday it would have been out there. He had permission from his coach to look around for grad school.

Bakers dozen or real dozen?

If you want to keep a secret, don't tell anyone.
It is not that simple.
More people learn about interest as a family starts to explore more deeply, including asking questions and transferring documents, regarding academics, athletics, area, etc. Then you buy plane tickets and make arrangements to miss classes and "voluntary workouts" at your current school...it is going to get out.

I am surprised it held to within 48 hours of arrival. Quite a good job in my opinion.

The kid just needs to sign with GT and get it over with. Hell, he knows he would play significant snaps. He knows it would take only half a game to have more rushing yards than his entire Stanford career.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back