Patrick Skov

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I am old fashioned,(probably just old) but this transferring stuff just reeks of the pro-game. We just signed a guy off Stanford's practice squad. :cool: Again, I know it is what it is, but how can a Stanford guy from Guadalajara by way of New Jersey suddenly flip the switch and become a Yellow Jacket? The big bonus is this will be immediate depth at B-back without dipping into the entering freshmen class. Quaide can heal and the other youngsters can redshirt. Maybe Skov will be another Amp Allen or Dorsey Levens, but A.J. Suggs always pops into my brain when I hear "transfer".
He can transfer because he is a smart kid that graduates from one of the top colleges in the world this May and contacted GT because he is seeking his MBA at GaTech.

Sounds like a good kid to me.

We could definitely use a short-yardage back. Or just a good BB in general

He can transfer because he is a smart kid that graduates from one of the top colleges in the world this May and contacted GT because he is seeking his MBA at GaTech.

Has been admitted to the MBA program yet? That's probably a significant hurdle.

Walk on?

I remember him from a Gameday clip about "omg Stanford is so smart but so good".

Would be great to have him, pretty much exactly what the rumors have been saying. Not a superstar but a really great get, much like AA.

the best thing about this will be when he makes straight C's after raping Stanford's garbage curriculum. :hsugh:

He would be put on scholarship for one season as we have 84 on ship now. Jaylend Ratliffe is not enrolling until January and will be Class of 2016.

We would then need a spot to put JHD on scholarship once he regains eligibility this summer....but there is usually a spot or two that free's up after spring practice for medical, graduation, or quitting football.

the best thing about this will be when he makes straight C's after raping Stanford's garbage curriculum. :hsugh:

His major is International Relations. He was moaning on twitter this past January about needing some help with multi-variable calculus...so he is taking some challenging stuff. MBA is not like an undergrad at GT...it is not designed to see how stupid it can make you feel like a B.S. does.

24438728.jpg

This guy's post-workout shake is blended bulldog puppies.

24438728.jpg

This guy's post-workout shake is blended bulldog puppies.

Maybe he'll be as good as our last hulk hogan Daniel Drummond?

Seriously, though, it's far from a done deal at this point. He hasn't been accepted yet and even if he is, he has to "accept" us, and that's not a forgone conclusion.

The insiders were right in saying surprise. Good things could be happening if he learns the offense quickly and holds on to the ball.

The insiders were right in saying surprise. Good things could be happening if he learns the offense quickly and holds on to the ball.

As best as I can tell, he was their starting FB last year. If nothing else, he should be good for pass protection and blocking. It will be a major change in his game to be taking a lot of handoffs and pitches. He'd be facing a big challenge to learn the BB role in our offense in a month of summer practice, but he's obviously a smart guy and a mature athlete.

KQ says that two years might be possible with a medical RS

As best as I can tell, he was their starting FB last year. If nothing else, he should be good for pass protection and blocking. It will be a major change in his game to be taking a lot of handoffs and pitches. He'd be facing a big challenge to learn the BB role in our offense in a month of summer practice, but he's obviously a smart guy and a mature athlete.

Hey, at least he is already lining up and taking the ball from the right spot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back