Paul Johnson deserved better.

GTRules

You’re Mamma
He was clearly better. You're an idiot if you think otherwise.

Regardless of whether he was better yesterday or not, Quan played bad enough early in the game to justify giving Oliver some snaps before the game was out of reach.
öööö iff. He had a couple of good runs and got stuffed the remainder of the time.

gtfan088

Dodd-Like
I always was amazed at the continued belief that there was a light at the end of the football tunnel. Hang on to it if it makes you feel a superiority to, who does Tech have that superiority over? The AAC? Basketball and baseball is no better, when was it we were in the World Series? Final 4 was how many years ago? I hate UGA, but they own Tech, 20oz was right.
Why are you here then?

gtfan088

Dodd-Like
with an offense everybody else runs, the prairie dog (everybody sticking their heads up to get the sideline signal), or the shotgun, hurry up, zone read and a playcaller on the sidelines holding one of those laminated cards like it was stolen from a Waffle House table?
If CGC doesn't get better athletes, we'll become Vandy or Wake in a hurry - happy to get to 6-6.
"CGC is going to get better recruits." No, we don't know that. The hope is he will. There are no guarantees.
There never are "guarantees." For a long period from the late 90s til 2015, making a bowl game was pretty close to a guarantee for us, but even that was proving to no longer be the case.

Some posters here have brought out their spreadsheets and crunched the numbers to "prove" that CPJ recruited on the same level as Gailey, and Gailey never missed a bowl. Seems like CGC should do fine as long as he's a better coach than Gailey.

gogt121

GTRW121
I always was amazed at the continued belief that there was a light at the end of the football tunnel. Hang on to it if it makes you feel a superiority to, who does Tech have that superiority over? The AAC? Basketball and baseball is no better, when was it we were in the World Series? Final 4 was how many years ago? I hate UGA, but they own Tech, 20oz was right.
Stfu

GTCrew4b

NIL Supporter Strictly On Capitalist Grounds
There never are "guarantees." For a long period from the late 90s til 2015, making a bowl game was pretty close to a guarantee for us, but even that was proving to no longer be the case.

Some posters here have brought out their spreadsheets and crunched the numbers to "prove" that CPJ recruited on the same level as Gailey, and Gailey never missed a bowl. Seems like CGC should do fine as long as he's a better coach than Gailey.
I think CGC will have a very similar tenure to Gailey and if he beats UGA 1/3 times I’ll be pleased. If Gailey beat UGA even one time he’d have been much more loved in Atlanta.

Hdgtfan

Varsity Lurker
I think CGC will have a very similar tenure to Gailey and if he beats UGA 1/3 times I’ll be pleased. If Gailey beat UGA even one time he’d have been much more loved in Atlanta.
Since CPJ was closer to 1 in 4 than 1 in 3 would be an improvement but doesn’t seem likely given current state of their team vs ours. But looking forward with some optimism about CGC and what he can do to improve our team.

D

Deleted member 1575

Why are you here then?
As my dad use to say, "Somebody has to do it." For some reason most of you think positive thinking wins in sports, positive thinking just makes you feel better, you still are going to lose if that is what is the truth, but who am I to say that Tech is not on the verge of greatness, I have been waiting 60 years, maybe next year.

gtfan088

Dodd-Like
As my dad use to say, "Somebody has to do it." For some reason most of you think positive thinking wins in sports, positive thinking just makes you feel better, you still are going to lose if that is what is the truth, but who am I to say that Tech is not on the verge of greatness, I have been waiting 60 years, maybe next year.
I don't think positive thinking has much of an impact one way or the other. I'm just curious why you dedicate the time to posting in here if you think the situation is as hopeless as you're intimating.

TampaBayJacket

Dodd-Like
He’s using the Hillary technique.

Grab a microphone and say a bunch of stupid öööö and hope nobody reminds you how stupid and irrelevant you are.
Sounds like Trump too, except his stupidity is relevant because he's pres.

georgytech

Varsity Lurker
I respect what CPJ did for Tech, but at the half of this game, he told a sideline reporter the problem was the offense wasn't getting the ball enough. He was known for giving subtle answers throwing players ("we didn't execute" translated: I called the right play and y'all screwed up) and DCs under the bus. I'll remember him for beating the Dwags 3 times, and winning the OB in 2014. But this game is a fair indication of where the program was going, and why he probably chose to step away. iiwii.
Most of the time it is the players failing to execute properly that is the problem. Heck if they commit a penalty the ref calls their number out to the entire stadium so they get called out on this board & other message boards too.

WracerX

Dr. Dunkingstein
No team ever won believing they couldn’t. Positive thinking is a fundamental step in winning.

Techbert

Dodd-Like
Except... No one had to do it.

No one.

None. Empty set. Null.

Not your dad. Not the 3O mafia. No one.

TampaBayJacket

Dodd-Like
Ah, the Peewee Herman response.
You post like everyone is a fat, old conservative republican on this board. Your comment was no more brilliant than mine. Stick to Paul Johnson is <awesome/awful> comments that divide us rather than political comments that divide us.

GTRules

You’re Mamma
You post like everyone is a fat, old conservative republican on this board. Your comment was no more brilliant than mine. Stick to Paul Johnson is <awesome/awful> comments that divide us rather than political comments that divide us.
Than put me on ignore, moron.

18in32

Petard Hoister
Dang, I'm fat, old, conservative and a Republican. This is embarrassing.

TampaBayJacket

Dodd-Like
Than put me on ignore, moron.
I'd rather you just stick to football, how about that? Sometimes it feels like we have to win every thread discussion so I threw in the fat old republican comment. I took the low road and I will climb back to the civil road and say I'm sorry. I'm a registered republican, fwiw lol (although I am definitely John McCain, neutral/moderate politically).

GTRules

You’re Mamma
I'd rather you just stick to football, how about that? Sometimes it feels like we have to win every thread discussion so I threw in the fat old republican comment. I took the low road and I will climb back to the civil road and say I'm sorry. I'm a registered republican, fwiw lol (although I am definitely John McCain, neutral/moderate politically).
Do yourself a favor and make a list of posters on this site who care about your political opinion .

Did you notice I wasn't on that list?

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
Do yourself a favor and make a list of posters on this site who care about your political opinion .

Did you notice I wasn't on that list?
1) GTRules

You are now, bub