Paul Johnson deserved better.

Expecting 3-4 wins each of the next two years in my expectation. Hoping by the end of 2020, we see a lot of improvement with 25 freshmen playing lots of minutes. Goal is a bowl game in 2021. Hopefully win 8 in 2021.
If we go 3-4 wins the next two years, the same fonts will be calling for GC’s head.

While the roster isn’t exactly loaded, we do have some quality players. Despite the mad ravings of some, the transition from a spread option to NFL whatever won’t be all that difficult. Football is still all about blocking and tackling.

I completely agree, and I'm surprised this statement isn't made more often. Quan was terrible.

I wonder how this season would've gone if Lucas had been healthy. It also baffles me that Tobias didn't get more snaps this year.
We saw last night why Tobias didn't get more snaps. He was terrible.

Well, I hope the ole coots on here that don't like that flashy Collins feller will understand. If we were going away from the option, this is the hire we had to make. Option football has put us at a talent disadvantage in terms of matching physical attributes to scheme. You needed a recruiting ace to come in and make that change smoother.

Well, I hope the ole coots on here that don't like that flashy Collins feller will understand. If we were going away from the option, this is the hire we had to make. Option football has put us at a talent disadvantage in terms of matching physical attributes to scheme. You needed a recruiting ace to come in and make that change smoother.
I like Collins a lot; looking forward to seeing his teams plays, but if you think dumping the option and hiring a smooth talker will erase the talent difference between GT and most other schools you haven’t been watching GT football very long or closely.

If we go 3-4 wins the next two years, the same fonts will be calling for GC’s head.

While the roster isn’t exactly loaded, we do have some quality players. Despite the mad ravings of some, the transition from a spread option to NFL whatever won’t be all that difficult. Football is still all about blocking and tackling.

If we go 3-4 wins, I don't know how you pull in that top 20 class everyone is talking about.

I like Collins a lot; looking forward to seeing his teams plays, but if you think dumping the option and hiring a smooth talker will erase the talent difference between GT and most other schools you haven’t been watching GT football very long or closely.
Well, you couldn't hire an X and O pro guy, not improve recruiting and expect to get better. Or maybe another gimmick? Why invest anything in it then? Just keep going bargain basement and accept 7-6.

Well, you couldn't hire an X and O pro guy, not improve recruiting and expect to get better. Or maybe another gimmick? Why invest anything in it then? Just keep going bargain basement and accept 7-6.

Well, people are saying we should accept 3-9 for the near future; so 7-6 would be great.

Well, people are saying we should accept 3-9 for the near future; so 7-6 would be great.
If you think Army and Jeff Monken are so damn great, you should go to their board and root for them. We didn't hire Monken, we went away from the option, and that's that. Get over it. You're like a child throwing a tantrum because you didn't get your way.

Too many people are butthurt because I guess they think we all should have worn black for a month and mourned the end of Paul Johnson before having any excitement, so they are sadly choosing to poison the well for the new coach. It's a prime example of the miserable crap fanbase we have.

Playing Time. And quickly.

See Jeremy Pruitt.

Recruit your ass off everyday and what texstinger said. Come start as a freshman. We won’t be redshirting any 4 star guys. Heck I doubt he redshirts anybody. Get them in and out in 3-4 years so you can sign 25 every year.

While the roster isn’t exactly loaded, we do have some quality players. Despite the mad ravings of some, the transition from a spread option to NFL whatever won’t be all that difficult.
I dont want to be the bearer of bad news, but we have very few players on the roster who would start at any other P5* school or even upper tier G5. None of our WRs or RBs would even be in the rotation. We have maybe one OL who could *possibly* be a starter at a lower tier P5 school. We have a couple of decent players for us on the DL but I'm not even sure if they would be considered starting material at any other P5* school. Our LBs wouldnt even have schollies elsewhere. Our DBs are terrible, other than Swilling. Swilling would is a good player.

*other than Kansas, which has its own talent issue

I dont want to be the bearer of bad news, but we have very few players on the roster who would start at any other P5* school or even upper tier G5. None of our WRs or RBs would even be in the rotation. We have maybe one OL who could *possibly* be a starter at a lower tier P5 school. We have a couple of decent players for us on the DL but I'm not even sure if they would be considered starting material at any other P5* school. Our LBs wouldnt even have schollies elsewhere. Our DBs are terrible, other than Swilling. Swilling would is a good player.

RBs? So Benson, or Lynch, or Searcy would not be in the rotation at an upper tier G5? Or an average P5 like Wake or Indiana? I think you're exaggerating just a bit. I agree to your overall point though, we need more talent. I don't share the same positivity toward Swilling as a DB. He''s fine, but he had a very rough ugag game. I think Tariq Carpenter will be a very good player before he leaves GT.

If we go 3-4 wins, I don't know how you pull in that top 20 class everyone is talking about.

Arkansas managed to do it despite a disastrous season. He's going to have to sell kids on what we, and they, can be. Good recruiters do this successfully. It was the one thing Paul Hewitt was good at.

Whoaaaaaaa. You are overstating this bigly. Not close to accurate.

RBs? So Benson, or Lynch, or Searcy would not be in the rotation at an upper tier G5? Or an average P5 like Wake or Indiana? I think you're exaggerating just a bit. I agree to your overall point though, we need more talent. I don't share the same positivity toward Swilling as a DB. He''s fine, but he had a very rough ugag game. I think Tariq Carpenter will be a very good player before he leaves GT.

Well Lynch and Searcy won't be on the team next year. Searcy is also about 40 lbs lighter than you'd really want your running back to be.

So just how amazing is the coaching staff then considering we were 5-3 in conference this season?

Who the öööö is talking about top 20 classes? If Collins can get us in the 30s it will be a significant upgrade over what we've been doing.

https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/...r-the-quick-lane-bowl/4sXqLLSDDHUnQGmR8YXptN/

“We got the ball out on the perimeter several times and it’s like one of those things, I’m sure when you look at it, it’s never as good or as bad as it seems. “

“Contrary to what you guys said, I’ve never had a problem with the media... ...I don’t think that you ever asked me anything I didn’t answer or you asked for an interview that I didn’t give you. So write whatever the hell you want. That’s my final press conference.”
Damn - PJ went out with a mic drop. That last quote is savage.

Back