Paul Johnson deserved better.

If we had a better option than TQM, we would have won 9 games before the bowl.

CPJ reaped what he sewed unfortunately. We should have had a better QB at the helm the past couple years and that's all on him. Overall a great time on the flats, but the last outing is what everyone was tired of.

Go Jackets!
I don’t understand why the QB position being an endless supply of talented Conference winning champions is on the coach. At GT we will not and have never had that. We will always live and die by the QB position just like every program that’s not a reloader. The fact that we the fans can’t get over this fact is an indictment on us not the coaching staff. All of our good coaches have been successful with a good QB and unsuccessful without one. It will not be different under Coach Collins but hey at least we will be in shotgun.

Watching this game was painful and all I kept thinking was Monken would've made adjustments and won this game.

Monken's team would not have come out as flat as our team did today. Monken would not have come out as flat as Johnson did today. I think Johnson has been fighting burn out the past few years and he lost the fight.

More like Gailey didnt tailor his offense to their strengths, instead tried to fit a square peg in a round hole. Reggie wouldve been an effective read option style QB. Bilbo and Suggs were before Gailey?
No, Suggs and Bilbo QB'd 51-7 part 1. They both looked frightened all game long.

I don’t understand why the QB position being an endless supply of talented Conference winning champions is on the coach. At GT we will not and have never had that. We will always live and die by the QB position just like every program that’s not a reloader. The fact that we the fans can’t get over this fact is an indictment on us not the coaching staff. All of our good coaches have been successful with a good QB and unsuccessful without one. It will not be different under Coach Collins but hey at least we will be in shotgun.

It's definitely on the coach when your quarterback is an A-back completing 40% of his passes over a 2-year period.

Recruiting and developing QBs is on the HC. Buck stops on everything with the HC. Don't drag out the old, tired 'Waah, not fair, Georgia Tech hard, can't do" excuse.

When we had above average/good QBs we had good seasons. TQM was below average, that is all

On the lines we were. I think GT played like ass in all of those games including today’s and a lot of it has to do with playing FCS quality players on the lines.

This this this.
I don't care what kind of offense we run or what kind of defense we run. I care about recruiting and developing offensive and defensive linemen. If we don't develop the lines, nothing else will matter. I actually don't think our defensive line talent is awful, but it was never developed. Saint-Amour and Branch with a competent coaching staff could be an effective combination. This graduating senior class on defense has been a huge let down. Vic Alexander and Saint-Amour were 4* if I recall correctly and highly regarded. Both talented, neither developed.

Recruiting and developing QBs is on the HC. Buck stops on everything with the HC. Don't drag out the old, tired 'Waah, not fair, Georgia Tech hard, can't do" excuse.

Careful, you may want that excuse in the near future if wonder boy doesn't deliver.

Good leaders shape the infrastructure rather than succumbing to it. Let’s hope CGC is able to do that.

I think you know what I mean which is different than what you mean. BUT, I hope with genuine sincerity that you are right.

Back