Paul Johnson deserved better.

If he succeeds, will you quit pining for Monken?

I actually don't want Monken because I think he is too old. I was a Collins fan until the hype machine got ridiculous. If he doesn't win 8 games and pull in a top 20 recruitin' class next year you guys will have some explaining to do.

I actually don't want Monken because I think he is too old. I was a Collins fan until the hype machine got ridiculous. If he doesn't win 8 games and pull in a top 20 recruitin' class next year you guys will have some explaining to do.
I honestly don't know what you're talking about. A couple of posters have been on here with unrealistic expectations. I think you are lending too much credence to a few over-the-top people. I don't understand the crabby ass attitude toward a little optimism. BTW, Jeff Monken went 4-8 and 2-10 his first 2 seasons at Army. Every coach looks like a genius with better players. That's why recruiting DOES matter, and there is no gimmick to get around it.

I honestly don't know what you're talking about. A couple of posters have been on here with unrealistic expectations. I think you are lending too much credence to a few over-the-top people. I don't understand the crabby ass attitude toward a little optimism. BTW, Jeff Monken went 4-8 and 2-10 his first 2 seasons at Army. Every coach looks like a genius with better players. That's why recruiting DOES matter, and there is no gimmick to get around it.

Exactly, Monken took a 3 win team and won 4 games with it. Collins should win at least 8 games next year.

Would have been nice if CPJ could have won in his last game here, but I really think there were signs earlier in the year that something was not right.

But he made a lot of money here, had some great wins & and horrible losses. But his system, his recruits, his starters. Truly IIWII.

As far as “deserves”? I think GT deserves(ed) better and that should be the goal.

Exactly, Monken took a 3 win team and won 4 games with it. Collins should win at least 8 games next year.
Letting you're anti-Collins agenda show through, man. Monken took over a program and roster that was already running the option. Collins will have a big time roster transition. But, you know this.

Letting you're anti-Collins agenda show through, man. Monken took over a program and roster that was already running the option. Collins will have a big time roster transition. But, you know this.

:coffee2: I know TPR won 7 games this year.

8 wins next year is a pipe dream IMO just due to the OL transition to modern pass blocking. Say nothing of our defensive problems.

Exactly. How hard can it be to out perform a tired old man? 8 wins really isn't that high a bar for an ACC Coastal team.
Or maybe he made a decision based upon the future he projected. Wait a minute, did you say you support Collins? If I didn't know any better, I'd say you want him to fail so you can try to rub it in people's faces. Really pathetic. Take a look in the mirror. I can promise you if Monken got hired, I didn't want to keep the option, but I'd have been supportive, probably jazzed after the way Army looked in their bowl game. Too bad you can't say the same.

I defended CPJ endlessly too. But I guess I'm just a childish Pollyanna because I have a positive outlook about the future.

Back