per AJC: significant announcement for GT football

Can we get money back from Hewitt? Didn't he have some kind of a morality clause in his contract.

Too bad this didn't happen six months ago. We could have fired Hewitt for cause.

öööö. Them.

So, let me get this straight. The NCAA expected our AA to suspend a player based on unsubstantiated allegations.

öööö. Them.
They didn't suspend Auburn or Ohio State players for known and substantiated issues, but we were to suspend players for unsubstantiated issues?

What a crock.

öööö. Them.

So, let me get this straight. The NCAA expected our AA to suspend a player based on unsubstantiated allegations.
That's how I read it.

The report never states that the player received the gift though. For all they know, nothing was done wrong, but they're punishing us for not punishing ourselves even though nothing was done wrong.

I cannot WAIT to see what GT's response is.

The members of the Division I Committee on Infractions who reviewed this case include Dennis Thomas, the commissioner of the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference and chair of the Committee on Infractions. Other members are Roscoe C. Howard, Jr., attorney; Thomas Yeager, commissioner of the Colonial Athletic Association; Greg Sankey, associate commissioner of compliance for the Southeastern Conference; Eleanor Myers, faculty athletics representative and law professor at Temple University; Melissa Conboy, deputy director of athletics at the University of Notre Dame; James O'Fallon, law professor and faculty athletics representative for the University of Oregon; and Britton Banowsky, commissioner of Conference USA.

Everybody got your pitchforks and torches ready?

Holy öööö!

2. On june 13, 2010, a football student-athlete was provided admission to the georgia aquarium, a meal and a bag of nonperishable items by two representatives of the institution’s athletics interests ($74)

We are still paying hip per the contract. Im not sure you can't challenge the contract now and stop paying him.

Oh öööö dog! YES! I'll happily take the $100,000 fine and terminate Hewitt's contract for cause!

i hope somebody repeat offends their asses in the ncaa parking lot on the way to their cars.

AGAIN .... in case you missed it!

Oh ****

2. On June 13, 2010, a football student-athlete was provided admission to the Georgia Aquarium, a meal and a bag of nonperishable items by two representatives of the institution’s athletics interests ($74)

Back