Per ESPN Richt has been fired

Mark Bradley:

Rumor has it that Kirby Smart would like to bring former Bulldog teammate Will Muschamp to Athens, assuming Smart is offered the Georgia job, which I believe he will be.

Rumor also has it that, if Muschamp isn’t available, Smart would like to retain Jeremy Pruitt to coach Georgia’s defense. (The two worked together at Alabama.) This could prove problematic. Pruitt irked — that’s a mild word for it — Georgia athletic director Greg McGarity last season when, after speaking to the media only sporadically during the season, he presented himself after a midweek practice to lobby for the apparently all-important indoor practice facility. Pruitt has also ticked off some who work in Butts-Mehre for his dismissive — also a mild word for it — treatment of longtime staffers. That stuff about there being Pruitt-related discord within the football program? That was real.
http://markbradley.blog.myajc.com/2...-smart-muschamp-herman-and-a-bit-about-richt/

muschampragin.0.0.gif

I wouldn't. Pruitt's plan against us this year was terrible. We just fn sucked.

True, and we are .500 against him, but I still have to wonder if his plan against us this year was BECAUSE we sucked. Like, "Ok, we'll just stay back and not give up the home-run and soon enough they'll shoot themselves in the foot." Which we did to a T.

True, and we are .500 against him, but I still have to wonder if his plan against us this year was BECAUSE we sucked. Like, "Ok, we'll just stay back and not give up the home-run and soon enough they'll shoot themselves in the foot." Which we did to a T.

I can't imagine that's the case. That's a good way to let a bad team hang around and can result in very quickly losing a lead which, if we had played just a bit better, could have very easily happened.

I can't imagine that's the case. That's a good way to let a bad team hang around and can result in very quickly losing a lead which, if we had played just a bit better, could have very easily happened.

Fell right into his trap. :lol::lol:

I wouldn't. Pruitt's plan against us this year was terrible. We just fn sucked.

You think Muschamp would be better?n Didn't Monken at Southern embarrass Muschamp on his way to the gig at Army?

You think Muschamp would be better?n Didn't Monken at Southern embarrass Muschamp on his way to the gig at Army?

Muschamp as a DC is a couple tiers above Pruitt, is all I'm saying. Yeah when he was a Head Coach at Florida it wasn't sunshine and rainbows, but I think his defenses were still solid. Giving up 26 points to a triple option team isn't the end of the world. Real issue was Florida's offense only managing 20 points against an FCS team.

That is exactly what happened. Usually when a team comes out in two deep, we option them to death. UGAg knew we had inexperience on our side at skill positions. They didn't believe we could sustain any sort of drive. They were correct. The old "death marches" that used to be our staple, were absent this year.

The year we had 472 yards rushing against Miami, two deep was what they played against us. Difference is, we were an older team and played as a unit. This year, we were sporadic and disorganized on offense.

Ajc reporting Smart hired with announcement as early as Sunday.

What is the purpose of waiting until Sunday to announce it? Wouldn't it be more of a distraction to have rumors swirling? Unless he's already telling his defense and they want to wait until he's available for an official press conference before they officially announce it.

Have to assume he will coach in the playoffs if they win on Saturday.

They won't announce until after he fulfills his duties as DC in the SECCG for Bama.

I'm not sure if he coaches playoffs or not should they make it.

Chalk up this season as a success.

They won't announce until after he fulfills his duties as DC in the SECCG for Bama.

I'm not sure if he coaches playoffs or not should they make it.

Doubtful he is coaching past the SEC Championship Game. The Bammers are saying Pruitt is headed back to Alabama after the season.

What is the purpose of waiting until Sunday to announce it? Wouldn't it be more of a distraction to have rumors swirling? Unless he's already telling his defense and they want to wait until he's available for an official press conference before they officially announce it.

Have to assume he will coach in the playoffs if they win on Saturday.

He won't coach in the playoffs.

The end of the regular season may prevent buying out his contract (assistants are usually on year-to-year contracts). But moreso, Smart probably made it a condition of hiring that he coach and not give an interim DC a week to prepare. Having an interim with a month to prepare, in the case of playoffs, is far different.

What's bizarre is how UGA has leaked it before a Memorandum of Understanding. Like with LSU considering firing Miles, the leak is so specific that it's likely sanctioned by the AD. What point does that serve? Is it like LSU, where the AD wants to "test the waters" of public opinion?

Like with search firms, AD's should have enough confidence to make the decision behind closed doors, with the president and maybe a few key donors. It's what AD's are hired to do.

Back