Per ESPN Richt has been fired

Maybe I overlooked it somewhere in this thread but I didn't see anything mentioned about Leonard Floyd's reaction. Sure he was most likely gone to the NFL anyway, but this did seem to make his decision much easier, and he seemed pretty perturbed with the situation. That makes it seem like Richt's "step-down" wasn't quite so mutual.

Maybe I overlooked it somewhere in this thread but I didn't see anything mentioned about Leonard Floyd's reaction. Sure he was most likely gone to the NFL anyway, but this did seem to make his decision much easier, and he seemed pretty perturbed with the situation. That makes it seem like Richt's "step-down" wasn't quite so mutual.

Most of Georgia's current and former players are furious that Richt is gone. With any luck, this will make for a locker room in disarray.

I'll put a large sum of money that Richt is coaching somewhere else next year. Quoting a news article... "Richt said at a news conference Monday he appreciated that option but would consider other options. He said he expects to have other opportunities to coach, especially since he will not be on the road recruiting as he had planned during the break before bowl practice." If he is considering staying on the UGA staff and a replacement is not hired yet, why would he not stay on the recruiting trail?

Of course it wasn't. On Saturday post-game, he said he is going to go out recruiting.

On Sunday, they told him to sit his ass down, if not Saturday night...

Heard this scenario on the radio, which I got a chuckle out of. Kiffen replaced by St.Richt as OC/QB coach. Unlikely, but I think that would be a good fit between Satan and the Reverend.

Heard this scenario on the radio, which I got a chuckle out of. Kiffen replaced by St.Richt as OC/QB coach. Unlikely, but I think that would be a good fit between Satan and the Reverend.

I got a boner thinking about that. What if he did and what if next year Bama put a beat down on UGA the likes that has never been seen? Ahhhh... Lil day dreaming.....

Richt goes on the recruiting trail for former Miami players to pledge money to the football program and he'll agree to become head coach if a certain amount is met. And he gets to decide what improvements get made first.

I'll put a large sum of money that Richt is coaching somewhere else next year. Quoting a news article... "Richt said at a news conference Monday he appreciated that option but would consider other options. He said he expects to have other opportunities to coach, especially since he will not be on the road recruiting as he had planned during the break before bowl practice." If he is considering staying on the UGA staff and a replacement is not hired yet, why would he not stay on the recruiting trail?

Because the NCAA restricts recruiting to coaches. Representatives and employees are not allowed to recruit.

All the red panties!!

575852_1801805244768_1866973061_n_1024x1024.jpg

I wonder why there's no talk of Chip Kelly as a ug candidate?

Back