Petition to GTAA RE: PA System at BDS

JacketFan77

Bokonon High Priest
We, the undersigned, request that the Georgia Tech Athletic Association (GTAA) significantly reduce the volume and frequency of the music and noise played through the PA system at Bobby Dodd Stadium during Georgia Tech Football home games. The near-constant barrage of sound from the PA system disrupts the overall fan experience, distracts players on the field, and almost completely drowns out the Yellow Jacket Marching Band, cheerleading squad, and student section. This excessive use of popular music, sound effects, video clips, and similar content has taken over the entire game-day atmosphere at Bobby Dodd.

This situation is particularly unfair to those with certain hearing disabilities and is disrespectful to students participating in pep activities, including the band, cheerleaders, and colorguard. We respectfully request that the GTAA adjust the PA system programming to create a more balanced and enjoyable game-day environment.

Here is the LINK

We, the undersigned, request that the Georgia Tech Athletic Association (GTAA) significantly reduce the volume and frequency of the music and noise played through the PA system at Bobby Dodd Stadium during Georgia Tech Football home games. The near-constant barrage of sound from the PA system disrupts the overall fan experience, distracts players on the field, and almost completely drowns out the Yellow Jacket Marching Band, cheerleading squad, and student section. This excessive use of popular music, sound effects, video clips, and similar content has taken over the entire game-day atmosphere at Bobby Dodd.

This situation is particularly unfair to those with certain hearing disabilities and is disrespectful to students participating in pep activities, including the band, cheerleaders, and colorguard. We respectfully request that the GTAA adjust the PA system programming to create a more balanced and enjoyable game-day environment.

Here is the LINK
I'm sure she is just coming to ask for money, but a GTAA rep is coming to Augusta on Thursday. and we are having lunch together. I will definitely bring up the PA NOISE problem. I doubt she has any influence over such things, but at least she will know what this fan (and apparently a lot of you) think.

This excessive use of popular music, sound effects, video clips, and similar content has taken over the entire game-day atmosphere at Bobby Dodd.

LOL, the "entire game-day atmosphere"? A bit overdramatic I think.

Here is the LINK
Throw in firing the hype guy and I’ll sign.

I can live with some of it. It really rubs me on third down for the other team though. Third down for opponents should be like this:

PA Announcer: It's third down
Band: *F-Tune Starts*
PA Announcer: (In the first pause in the F-Tune) and (yardage)
Band: *continues*
PA Announcer: (In the final pause in the F-Tune) from the (yard line)
Band: *F-Tune crescendo*

Thought that the overall in game experience was much more professional including the PA announcer. We unfortunately need someone to pump up the crowd on 3rd down.

Our PA system needs an upgrade. Could not understand a word that Brent Key was saying during that section of the pre-game. Having a better sound system also might make the music less harsh on the ears. Any of you want to write that check?

Understanding that the presentation needs to be geared to the younger folks and perhaps I am old and out of touch, but the music could stand to be more generationally diverse. Definitely need the in game experience to be exciting for the students, players, and recruits first.

Thought that the overall in game experience was much more professional including the PA announcer. We unfortunately need someone to pump up the crowd on 3rd down.

Our PA system needs an upgrade. Could not understand a word that Brent Key was saying during that section of the pre-game. Having a better sound system also might make the music less harsh on the ears. Any of you want to write that check?

Understanding that the presentation needs to be geared to the younger folks and perhaps I am old and out of touch, but the music could stand to be more generationally diverse. Definitely need the in game experience to be exciting for the students, players, and recruits first.
We need an upgrade from the 120 DB earsplitting system we upgraded to not too many years ago?

I can live with some of it. It really rubs me on third down for the other team though. Third down for opponents should be like this:

Tenuta had some defenses!

We unfortunately need someone to pump up the crowd on 3rd down.
After 3 years of ööööin money down cheers, only to watch them get the first down-every ööööing time. Followed by making noise for Thacker and getting more of the same. I'm sorta in the show me you can stop them on 3rd down mindset. I do take a moment of silent reflection to channel positive waves towards our teams defensive enlightenment and success. ööööin ushers took my incense.

We have some of the most ornery douchebag fans.

“I don’t want to do anything to support the team, I already showed up”

Ok, just stay at ööööing home then
Turn it down-can't hear you.

I have a murder boner.

The build ups of those first two thirds down are perfect. That’s what BDS should always sound like.

We have some of the most ornery douchebag fans.

“I don’t want to do anything to support the team, I already showed up”

Ok, just stay at ööööing home then
Jokes on you. I complain AND stay home.

I'm sure she is just coming to ask for money, but a GTAA rep is coming to Augusta on Thursday. and we are having lunch together. I will definitely bring up the PA NOISE problem. I doubt she has any influence over such things, but at least she will know what this fan (and apparently a lot of you) think.
Yes! Please ask her to turn that noise down! I want a game day experience like I had at BDS growing up in the 70’s and 80’s back when college football was college football.

Yes! Please ask her to turn that noise down! I want a game day experience like I had at BDS growing up in the 70’s and 80’s back when college football was college football.
Not an attack or even question for you specifically, but shouldn't the game day experience be tailored to filling the remaining empty seats? What is that demographic?

As it stands, you have the old(er) alums who are showing up and may complain about it, but they are still showing up. You have the students, who have filled their allotment, but that is a total of 6K, up form 3.5K to 4K maybe. So, most of them will still be in the stands regardless. There's 1K opponents fans in the corner that we don't give a öööö about.

That leaves about 20K-25K other potential STHs that need to be reached. Winning helps part of that, but who is the target audience and what do they want? I just don't think the AA has even asked that question, let alone answered it.

Not an attack or even question for you specifically, but shouldn't the game day experience be tailored to filling the remaining empty seats? What is that demographic?

As it stands, you have the old(er) alums who are showing up and may complain about it, but they are still showing up. You have the students, who have filled their allotment, but that is a total of 6K, up form 3.5K to 4K maybe. So, most of them will still be in the stands regardless. There's 1K opponents fans in the corner that we don't give a öööö about.

That leaves about 20K-25K other potential STHs that need to be reached. Winning helps part of that, but who is the target audience and what do they want? I just don't think the AA has even asked that question, let alone answered it.
It’s a fine line the AA has to walk. They want to attract that 20k-25k potential season tickets without alienating the older season ticket holders who are paying for everything now.

It’s a fine line the AA has to walk. They want to attract that 20k-25k potential season tickets without alienating the older season ticket holders who are paying for everything now.
I don't think there's any fine line. If there was, they wouldn't be doing what they're doing now. If they think loud music, Ryan Cameron, and hype dude are the way to go, fine. What sort of fan is that directed at? Conversely, how much of our fanbase would leave if it wasn't there?

And why drown out your band or turn it up to 11 when your offense is trying to get the play in and run it effectively?

Back