Petition to GTAA RE: PA System at BDS

Disagree -he has good seats- as the end zone corner lets him see plays develop laterally across the field.
I see them just like the douchebags see that stupid CFB video game they play.

Lower deck, can't see öööö douchebag posers.

Upper East is also better than LW
Disagree. LW is cool behind the bench. Team play is close by for mid field plays and redzone angles are good.

Not on a September afternoon.
What about on a September morn?
Screenshot_20240905-040004_Brave.jpg

Correct. But it should be crowd noise and band noise, not annoying noise blaring from a speaker.
It reminds me of the assholes who take Bluetooth speakers kayaking. Nobody gives a öööö for you to ruin the day by playing your bullshit music hoping you get an "attaboy" for your musical taste. Same with our PA. It is almost like the person programming it is like "hello, fellow young people, look at my cool taste in music. Let's make the game about that"

It reminds me of the assholes who take Bluetooth speakers kayaking. Nobody gives a öööö for you to ruin the day by playing your bullshit music hoping you get an "attaboy" for your musical taste. Same with our PA. It is almost like the person programming it is like "hello, fellow young people, look at my cool taste in music. Let's make the game about that"
Exactly. Same disturbing trend has infiltrated golf courses. Inconsiderate people show up playing their music for everyone to hear. Nobody wants to hear that! Have a little consideration and put your Bluetooth earphones in, please.

Exactly. Same disturbing trend has infiltrated golf courses. Inconsiderate people show up playing their music for everyone to hear. Nobody wants to hear that! Have a little consideration and put your Bluetooth earphones in, please.
I will take my BT earbuds on occasion if I am on the river. The sound is better anyway.

99% of the time, a Bluetooth speaker on the river is some fat guy.

Not an attack or even question for you specifically, but shouldn't the game day experience be tailored to filling the remaining empty seats? What is that demographic?

As it stands, you have the old(er) alums who are showing up and may complain about it, but they are still showing up. You have the students, who have filled their allotment, but that is a total of 6K, up form 3.5K to 4K maybe. So, most of them will still be in the stands regardless. There's 1K opponents fans in the corner that we don't give a öööö about.

That leaves about 20K-25K other potential STHs that need to be reached. Winning helps part of that, but who is the target audience and what do they want? I just don't think the AA has even asked that question, let alone answered it.

How do you know that older alumni are still showing up? We had a ton of season ticket loss during the clown era, and it's not unreasonable to think that a large portion of those were alumni who we now need to win back.

I enjoy the sounds of nature when I'm in nature. Needing additional stimulation speaks to our over stimulated existence and lack of balance with our natural surroundings. Plus, how you gonna hear the dude yelling, "watch out for dry rapids" or similar

I see this on walking/hiking trails a lot, too - listening to music or podcasts or whatever on a speaker, usually solo. It’s weird, both that people need constant stimulation and also that they think it’s OK to put their noise out into the world.

(See also: people yelling into speakerphones in public.)

JRjr

How do you know that older alumni are still showing up? We had a ton of season ticket loss during the clown era, and it's not unreasonable to think that a large portion of those were alumni who we now need to win back.
Because I sit amongst, and tailgate with the ones he mentioned (those supporting financially). And there’s good reason for them to continue. They spent either many years or many dollars moving to their current location and they’ve been following Tech long enough to know they can wait out the Clown and B*** L**** years to keep them.

Well, I had my "lunch date" with the GTAA rep today, and it went amazingly well. First, that was one great looking young woman and, in spite of her UNC undergraduate degree, she became a BIG Tech fan while pursuing a Masters at Tech. Not only was she very nice looking, but she was also very personable and fun to talk to. Amazingly, she did not make the drive to Augusta to plead for money. She just wants to meet fans and supporters. She paid for lunch, as I expected, but she also brought me a nylon Tech pullover. I did, as promised, bring up the overly loud PA system, and she promised to pass it on.....along with a complaint about ticket allocation at the Benz and most recently in Dublin.

Here is a good comparison. Alcorn State game with CPJ as HC vs this past Saturday just before we went to the lockerroom and when Buzz was introduced pregame, you can still see someone of the East

FB_IMG_1725490025168.jpg

IMG_20240831_193651~2.jpg

IMG_20240831_194938.jpg

Back