Petition to GTAA RE: PA System at BDS

How do you know that older alumni are still showing up? We had a ton of season ticket loss during the clown era, and it's not unreasonable to think that a large portion of those were alumni who we now need to win back.
I'm one old fart (er alum) who is still showing up. I've had season tickets since 1968

Well, I had my "lunch date" with the GTAA rep today, and it went amazingly well. First, that was one great looking young woman and, in spite of her UNC undergraduate degree, she became a BIG Tech fan while pursuing a Masters at Tech. Not only was she very nice looking, but she was also very personable and fun to talk to. Amazingly, she did not make the drive to Augusta to plead for money. She just wants to meet fans and supporters. She paid for lunch, as I expected, but she also brought me a nylon Tech pullover. I did, as promised, bring up the overly loud PA system, and she promised to pass it on.....along with a complaint about ticket allocation at the Benz and most recently in Dublin.
1725573406997.gif

Exactly. Same disturbing trend has infiltrated golf courses. Inconsiderate people show up playing their music for everyone to hear. Nobody wants to hear that! Have a little consideration and put your Bluetooth earphones in, please.
Society as a whole has morphed to what you described. ööööing people were never called out when kids and the same attitudes have carried into their perception of adulthood. All about them and to hell with everyone else.

We, the undersigned, request that the Georgia Tech Athletic Association (GTAA) significantly reduce the volume and frequency of the music and noise played through the PA system at Bobby Dodd Stadium during Georgia Tech Football home games. The near-constant barrage of sound from the PA system disrupts the overall fan experience, distracts players on the field, and almost completely drowns out the Yellow Jacket Marching Band, cheerleading squad, and student section. This excessive use of popular music, sound effects, video clips, and similar content has taken over the entire game-day atmosphere at Bobby Dodd.

This situation is particularly unfair to those with certain hearing disabilities and is disrespectful to students participating in pep activities, including the band, cheerleaders, and colorguard. We respectfully request that the GTAA adjust the PA system programming to create a more balanced and enjoyable game-day environment.

Here is the LINK
Meh. I enjoyed all of it. Music was good. Heard the band just enough. Enjoyed Ryan Cameron.

The Colorado Buffaloes marching band is not allowed to play the school’s fight song after Shedeur Sanders touchdowns, and it has Deion Sanders to thank.

That anecdote comes from Jake Shapiro of Denver radio station 104.3 The Fan.

“Deion Sanders told the band they couldn’t play if his son Shedeur Sanders scores a touchdown so that the loudspeaker can play a recording of his son’s song ‘Perfect Timing,'” Shapiro reported after Colorado’s blowout loss to Nebraska.

Feels like it's not totally unrealistic to think bands will be gone in ten years or so. It happened in the NFL, and college football is steaming towards full NFL-hood in almost every aspect.

Back