Petition to GTAA RE: PA System at BDS

Dublin was technically a home game and we had our DJ plugged into the sound system there. It appeared that Tech had full control of the PA/AV.

The DJ music was incessant.

I would not expect any change at BDS. The loudness problem is likely due to the sound being from a single point (scoreboard array) rather than a stadium distributed array.

It’s a fine line the AA has to walk. They want to attract that 20k-25k potential season tickets without alienating the older season ticket holders who are paying for everything now.

There is nothing more soothing to older season ticket holders than hearing the dulcet refrain of the student section chanting BS in unison after a poor ref call. When will they give us back what they took from us?

There is nothing more soothing to older season ticket holders than hearing the dulcet refrain of the student section chanting BS in unison after a poor ref call. When will they give us back what they took from us?
Football games are like rock concerts, loud noisy events.

Not an attack or even question for you specifically, but shouldn't the game day experience be tailored to filling the remaining empty seats? What is that demographic?

As it stands, you have the old(er) alums who are showing up and may complain about it, but they are still showing up. You have the students, who have filled their allotment, but that is a total of 6K, up form 3.5K to 4K maybe. So, most of them will still be in the stands regardless. There's 1K opponents fans in the corner that we don't give a öööö about.

That leaves about 20K-25K other potential STHs that need to be reached. Winning helps part of that, but who is the target audience and what do they want? I just don't think the AA has even asked that question, let alone answered it.
Apparently, they want the PA so loud you can't speak to the person sitting next to you

I don't care what age you are, constant noises from the PA are horrendous. Even watching on TV it's just awful to the point of having to mute the damn sound. It feels like an antagonistic audio weapon/psy-op. It's painful. It's bush league. It's the kind of crap you do when you think your actual product on the field is garbage and you have to create some kind of distraction to keep people from realizing it.

I see it all over the place at low level sporting events. Regular season NBA games that no one cares about. Minor league baseball like the Savannah Bananas has turned into a complete circus side show going beyond just piped in PA hype. Just another sign of our decent into Idiocracy.

Tech sports isn't a ööööing sideshow. Stop ruining the game day experience with carnival screeching. I signed the petition.

I don't care what age you are, constant noises from the PA are horrendous. Even watching on TV it's just awful to the point of having to mute the damn sound. It feels like an antagonistic audio weapon/psy-op. It's painful. It's bush league. It's the kind of crap you do when you think your actual product on the field is garbage and you have to create some kind of distraction to keep people from realizing it.

I see it all over the place at low level sporting events. Regular season NBA games that no one cares about. Minor league baseball like the Savannah Bananas has turned into a complete circus side show going beyond just piped in PA hype. Just another sign of our decent into Idiocracy.

Tech sports isn't a ööööing sideshow. Stop ruining the game day experience with carnival screeching. I signed the petition.
And, I hate to have to point it out, it really started during clownshow. It was selective during CPJ when the place was rocking.

I miss the "IT'S THIRD DOWNNNNNN!" With the band tuning full blast and the video board strobing....

I sit in 111, farthest section to the north on the west side. I don’t think I have ever noticed the PA volume being out of line, I assume because it’s all coming from the south end. I guess it’s really loud in 101-107?

I prefer to hear the band more than piped music but I didn’t really notice it Saturday. I don’t really notice anything except the football, typically. And occasionally the coeds.

I sit in 111, farthest section to the north on the west side. I don’t think I have ever noticed the PA volume being out of line, I assume because it’s all coming from the south end. I guess it’s really loud in 101-107?

I prefer to hear the band more than piped music but I didn’t really notice it Saturday. I don’t really notice anything except the football, typically. And occasionally the coeds.
Maybe it is just aimed right at me in R1 of 213

This is the way.

I like loud music. I go to concerts all the time, I’m not bothered by loudness or music. I’m not a hip hop fan in general, but it’s fine in the stadium if that’s what people want, it’s not a style thing.

It really is just a matter of impacting the experience negatively by making it hard to have a conversation at any point in a multi-hour time block. The cumulative impact of being constantly bombarded really is physically and mentally exhausting - you’ve gotta pick your spots for maximum effect.

FWIW, my seats are in the back of 127, just south of the club seats

JRjr

Buy some real seats.
I have some of the best seats in the place. Great view of game and student shenanigans. The lower west is ööööty.

213 R1

Only better would be 214, 215, 216, 217 R1
IMG_20240831_203238.jpg

Artificial turf still looks like öööö.

I like loud music. I go to concerts all the time, I’m not bothered by loudness or music. I’m not a hip hop fan in general, but it’s fine in the stadium if that’s what people want, it’s not a style thing.

It really is just a matter of impacting the experience negatively by making it hard to have a conversation at any point in a multi-hour time block. The cumulative impact of being constantly bombarded really is physically and mentally exhausting - you’ve gotta pick your spots for maximum effect.

FWIW, my seats are in the back of 127, just south of the club seats

JRjr
Exactly this. It is just the wrong kind of exhausting. We aren't trying to get Manuel Noriega to surrender, we are at a football game

I have some of the best seats in the place. Great view of game and student shenanigans. The lower west is ööööty.

213 R1

Only better would be 214, 215, 216, 217 R1
IMG_20240831_203238.jpg

Artificial turf still looks like öööö.
Your seats are terrible. Do you even 80k?

Back