Players don't care....

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's the problem right here.

Agreed...

This is exemplified in his latest press conference where he openly admits the players had "lots" of efforts given to them by the coaches.

My feeling is that these “efforts” or lack of effort should be kept between the coach and the players. I believe that all CPJ needs to say publically is that he and his staff did not get the players ready, and they take the blame for that. Nuff said…..

Players will run through walls for guys who have their backs, but I just don’t think this is PJ’s personality. I believe he expects them to automatically have motivation and competitive drive without him or his staff providing the leadership and impetus to creating that type of environment. As you have seen, there are really NO vocal leaders within the team itself, and I don’t know if PJ understands that this is also something that is needed.

Anyway, I really thought PJ was right for GT, but I am now having extremely negative thoughts the other direction.

Go Jackets!!

Agreed...

This is exemplified in his latest press conference where he openly admits the players had "lots" of efforts given to them by the coaches.

My feeling is that these “efforts” or lack of effort should be kept between the coach and the players. I believe that all CPJ needs to say publically is that he and his staff did not get the players ready, and they take the blame for that. Nuff said…..

Players will run through walls for guys who have their backs, but I just don’t think this is PJ’s personality. I believe he expects them to automatically have motivation and competitive drive without him or his staff providing the leadership and impetus to creating that type of environment. As you have seen, there are really NO vocal leaders within the team itself, and I don’t know if PJ understands that this is also something that is needed.

Anyway, I really thought PJ was right for GT, but I am now having extremely negative thoughts the other direction.

Go Jackets!!

That's a lot of words over some made up quote.

Let's see that "not my job" quote in its entirety, shall we?

Don’t expect Georgia Tech coach Paul Johnson to do anything special to try to get his players motivated for Saturday’s game at North Carolina. The players admit that they have played flat the past two weeks in a win against S.C. State and a loss at Kansas.

“From the looks of the game, I can certainly motivate better,” Johnson said. “But you know what my experience has been in 31 years? That’s movie, TV crap. You’d better be able to motivate yourself. I’m not going to motivate you 12 Saturdays a year. Anybody that thinks you’re going to go into the locker room and somebody’s going to punch the locker, or cave in the blackboard or head butt somebody and everybody’s going to go ‘AAAAAAAAHHHH!’ It’s make believe. It doesn’t happen.”

Saturday’s game is important for a variety of reasons, starting with it’s the Yellow Jackets’ first conference game since winning the ACC championship last season. Also, the team hasn’t lost back-to-back games since Johnson took over for the 2008 season. Johnson has said good teams rarely lose consecutive games.

“It’s a challenge for us,” he said. “We’ve got to play better. If we don’t play better than we did in the first two games we aren’t going to win on Saturday, I can tell you that. This is the best team we’ve played.”
Johnson said he hasn’t seen any of the players step up to try to help focus the team, nor does he want to. He said the entire operation, from the coaches on down, needs to improve.

“Show me, don’t tell me,” Johnsonn said. “We’ll see what they can do on Saturday. You do it by playing and doing your job, and doing what’s right. Anybody can stand up on the plane and say ‘Guys, we’re coming this week,’ until you get hit in the mouth the first time. Let’s see what happens on Saturday.

Agreed...

Go Jackets!!

Spurrier has been doing this for decades, talking about how his guys haven't played with enough heart and talking about performance with the press. How many times have you heard a coach say, "We didn't get it done on defense."

I have a mgt class with a few players and they really just seemed like they didnt care. some even said they wanted to stay after the game for the bars.

Saw at least one starter at Boars Head Saturday Night. Seemed to be enjoying himself. Not that I think there is anything wrong with that

If only I were on the team...We would be shooting lasers from our eyes and drinking our foes blood. I can get people pumped up.

Well, we'll see ...

Based on the comments from some of the players, it may be that they care about winning the championship but not the rivalry. The team that played U[sic]Ga is the same team that played BYU after the bye week. Maybe, they'll come out big for ACCCG. who knows?

You know it is bad when you have your teammates saying that one of their fellow teammates is the worst football player they have ever seen and that player is on scholarship.

I wonder if this player is a starter. Or a kicker.

validated by PJ in todays ajc.

nealy -> UGA a 8.5 out of 10 for hate. How can that be. UGA is a 11, and everything else goes down from there. That statement pre UGA game made me pause...then I thought, well maybe he is afraid of bulletin material, or just dumb.

Paul yesterday stated the players didn't give full effort vs UGA. It was very upsetting to him.etc etc.

How can a player not give his full effort vs your #1 rival in year 5 of a coaches tenure?

The only way this can happen is if you allow it.

Paul needs to pull scholarships. I am sorry. You are at tech to play the game. You would not have gotten into tech unless you could play the game. If you choose not to play the game, then we should choose not to keep you. Enough is enough. It is too many games this year to allow this to happen. He needs to set a new tone since we know he will be here at least another year.

Start by calling their high school coach to tell him why you are doing this. Call his family to discuss why. Tell the recruit to find a school to transfer to and we will help him. If unable to do so by a certain date, pull the ship. If you don't want to play here, we will find you somewhere else to play.

Tech can't afford 85 scholarships where 65 are playing. How else do you solve an apparent effort issue with SA's that appear to be passive aggressive to playing to their fullest? thoughts?

yes we can recruit better
yes the school can do things to allow for easier recruiting
but this topic never should be an issue.

It was in 2010, and it is in 2012. Has paul lost the team, why is paul unable to get his kids to play...its his freaking job? This is the worst indicator of them all IMO

Please use the call in show and ask him. im sure you will get your fill of coach speak , but week after week of questions must be answered

I have a mgt class with a few players and they really just seemed like they didnt care. some even said they wanted to stay after the game for the bars. they said they knew they were gonna get beat bad, and it really showed on the field. i put it on the coaching seeing as that this is probably the most hyped game of the year, our in-state rival, and the players arent motivated...what the hell.

Again proven. If true. Supports my point why would I spend a ---- dollar on a team that doesn't give a ----. I don't either then.

Again proven. If true. Supports my point why would I spend a ---- dollar on a team that doesn't give a ----. I don't either then.

Still doesn't explain why you continue to post on a forum about "a team that doesn't give a ----"

--I find it "funny" on here when someone vents about not enough hate toward Ugag- or that the team doesn't realize how BIG a game the rivalry is--or the coach needs to realize that the Ugag game is SO important---I say "funny" because this BOARD is not even in "sync" with how BIG this game actually is. Some say they "rather win the div." than beat Ugag--or that beating ACC rivals means more--etc--etc--WELL to me all the other games before the Ugag game are just WARMUPS for the REAL game that happens at end of each season. I've been a TECH fan all my life (over 60 yrs) and have "lived and died" with the outcome of this game. Until ALL the fans feel this way AND until the Team feels this way, I'm afraid recent history will keep repeating itself. I can not understand a TECH player not "frothing at the mouth" and aching to body slam a nadlicker. CPJ has got to get a grip on the situation--if it's recruiting then the fault is with the coach (who else)--if its game-plan then it's the coach (who else)--and if it's ATTITUDE then again it is the coaches responsibility to instill the desire to perform at the best of the players ability. I have been a PJ supporter from the start and hope he can "turn things around". The "best" team does not always win a game--breaks decide many games--but ---- we should not be looking at 1 win in 11 years. (sorry, my kinda BUTT_HURT lasts a little longer than a few days== more like 360)

Still doesn't explain why you continue to post on a forum about "a team that doesn't give a ----"

Read past posts a few days ago. I am not sure yet how to publicly call out the issues with our program. I detailed much more in posts prior. I even openly asked for suggestions to incite enough supporters to put pressure to change some of our policies and issues and offered suggestions via pm. I did get some.

One person suggested more people in the AA would see it here than other methods. Not sure if true

Enough is enough. What we all see isn't acceptable. We can debate Symantecs of what Paul may or may not said, which loss was the worst, who quit when, but the bottom line is the program has to change top to bottom

Boy I have more stories that I will hold back on right now. Just the tip of the iceberg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back