Players in the Portal [Official "They Gone" Thread]

GoGATech

Big Dummy
I'm very puzzled by the scholly count.
I looked at last years talent composite(easier than looking at roster)
83 players with 8 seniors plus 10 have transferred out = about 20 spots available
19 HS signings + 11 transfer INs = about 30 in
if accurate we must be over by a bit?
Don't redshirts count toward the 85 scholly limit?
what am i missing or miscounting?
Yes redshirts count. You count all the freshmen in the class so right now it would appear we are over by a few, but some of those freshmen won't be enrolled until summer, so technically we aren't over *yet* until they get here. So in other words, expect a few more exits after spring.

MatatoGT

Damn Good Rat
I heard an interesting report on SXMs Full Ride this morning that Jeff Sims was all set to go to Louisville until Satterfield left Louisville for Cincinnati and that fell apart. That would’ve been much more interesting if Sims it stayed not just in conference, but to one of our new permanent pod “rivals.”

GoGATech

Big Dummy
I heard an interesting report on SXMs Full Ride this morning that Jeff Sims was all set to go to Louisville until Satterfield left Louisville for Cincinnati and that fell apart. That would’ve been much more interesting if Sims it stayed not just in conference, but to one of our new permanent pod “rivals.”
All of that and the 1st game on the schedule for 2023.

Nehru Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I’m going to go out on a limb and make a prediction. Jeff Sims will never make much of an impact at Nebraska. That new coach will not pamper him and guarantee starts for him so occasionally he will do something good, but mostly talk of him will be about some unspecified injury and hopes that he will be back helping Nebraska soon.

THWG247

Jolly Good Fellow
I’m going to go out on a limb and make a prediction. Jeff Sims will never make much of an impact at Nebraska. That new coach will not pamper him and guarantee starts for him so occasionally he will do something good, but mostly talk of him will be about some unspecified injury and hopes that he will be back helping Nebraska soon.
He won’t last long anywhere if there is a viable QB backup or decent competition. We just never had anyone better or experienced enough to replace him with when he had bad games or stretches of inconsistency.