Players in the Portal [Official "They Gone" Thread]

Yukonwreck

Dodd-Like
Our other three corners listed on the depth chart (behind Sims and Walton) combined for 0 pass defensed in 30 games played combined.
Like the man said, don't confuse depth with numbers.
If we had a better D-line.

stinger78

Jacket by the grace of God.
You are not well informed. You know nothing about the contract.
So, should I take this to mean he's staying or he's found a better "deal" and he's now leaving? I'm so confused!

Nehru Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Quite disappointing… definitely a don’t hate the playa, hate the game situations.
I for one will be happy when Lane Kiffin gets a big time college or pro football job and Ole Miss goes back to being a forgotten program. Until recently the Ole Miss fan base consisted of bourbon drinking pseudo intellectual aristocrats who were good at nothing but talking about the virtues of Faulkner. And I don’t mean Buster.

stinger78

Jacket by the grace of God.
So much for my theory on getting a worthwhile master's degree
Not sure if serious. The top guys, who have legit NFL/NBA chances, could not give two hoots about a top master's degree. That can all come later, if they still want/need it.

I continue to repeat that this is GA Tech's biggest issue in the modern iteration of college football/basketball. GA Tech is a dedicated high-academic school. The pro leagues have made the college game their minor leagues and the prospect of mucho denaro is the only thing these guys are focused on, with the lone exception now of maximizing NIL in the short-term. The college coursework and degree don't even move the meter for those guys. At the risk of being reductionist and grossly overgeneralizing, most of those top guys would be flunking out of HS now if they weren't football/basketball stars.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
Not sure if serious. The top guys, who have legit NFL/NBA chances, could not give two hoots about a top master's degree. That can all come later, if they still want/need it.

I continue to repeat that this is GA Tech's biggest issue in the modern iteration of college football/basketball. GA Tech is a dedicated high-academic school. The pro leagues have made the college game their minor leagues and the prospect of mucho denaro is the only thing these guys are focused on, with the lone exception now of maximizing NIL in the short-term. The college coursework and degree don't even move the meter for those guys. At the risk of being reductionist and grossly overgeneralizing, most of those top guys would be flunking out of HS now if they weren't football/basketball stars.
Do you really, honestly, putting your love of GT aside, feel like he is a top player destined for NFL greatness?

I also believe the NIL for most players is not life changing money.

Nehru Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Do you really, honestly, putting your love of GT aside, feel like he is a top player destined for NFL greatness?

It’s not so much wether we think he is destined for the NFL, it’s what he thinks that counts.

GTLiebs

Dodd-Like

It isn't a question of what he thinks, it's a question of what Walton thinks of his chances. Which may or may not be an objective viewpoint.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
It’s not so much wether we think he is destined for the NFL, it’s what he thinks that counts.
If he isn't smart enough to seek and filter out advice, then perhaps an Old Miss master's is what he needs. This was a 40 year decision. I'm not saying a Stanford, or Michigan, or any number of better schools came calling, but you'd think 4 years of GT would get him better.