Players in the Portal [Official "They Gone" Thread]

JoeCakeEater

Dodd-Like
He's a good player and will be missed. That said, he played four years at Tech. Has likely graduated. He could have just as easily turned pro. I'm not upset at him as I would be at an underclassmen entering the portal.

swampsting

Now with incredulous facial expression
on the other hand ....

anybody notice how many guys, and I mean 4 and 5 star guys, the Mutts are losing through the portal?

didn't Walton walk on senior day anyway? Which I take to mean he either has or will get his Tech undergrad degree soon. If that's the case, good luck at his next stop.

clapper

Dodd-Like
didn't Walton walk on senior day anyway? Which I take to mean he either has or will get his Tech undergrad degree soon. If that's the case, good luck at his next stop.
He graduated last semester per a GT news release on 12/16.

swampsting

Now with incredulous facial expression
That’s our deepest position, IMHO.
Our other three corners listed on the depth chart (behind Sims and Walton) combined for 0 pass defensed in 30 games played combined.
Like the man said, don't confuse depth with numbers.

clapper

Dodd-Like
Our other three corners listed on the depth chart (behind Sims and Walton) combined for 0 pass defensed in 30 games played combined.
Like the man said, don't confuse depth with numbers.
I think you mean don't confuse depth with quality. Depth is numbers.

Vespinae

Unbelievable, effort-based commenter
You don't know what happened. Might have applied to Tech grad schools and been rejected.
Right, but then why make a video at all if his admission to grad school wasn't decided yet? Wouldn't the semester have already started by the time he announced? It looks like he was either asked to transfer (not likely) or thought he could get a good NIL (if he didn't already have one in hand before he announced).

THWG247

Jolly Good Fellow
Well I wish him the best, he’s certainly paid his dues here at GT, after 3+ years under Collins he deserves a chance to go play somewhere for hopefully a really good team

Dirty Jacket

Never Weaken
I'm not saying he sucks. I'm saying that if he wants to play for a more competitive team - presumably someone preseason Top 25 - he's not likely to be starting.
Good. I’m more interested in kids who want to play for post-season top [2]5 teams. Losers should leave with mop top goof.