Playoffs?

vapspwi

Dodd-Like
Where do yesterday’s games leave the playoff situation?

#1 was underwhelming against us. Would love it if they dropped a spot.

#2 Ohio State lost to #3 - probably won’t fall much.

#3 Michigan beat #2, probably not enough to rise above #2.

#4 Washington needed a last second FG to beat a middling Washington State team

#5 FSU got past Florida but has no QB.

What are we expecting going into next weekend?

JRjr

1701023329278.gif

If Bama loses:
Michigan
Washington
FSU
The Idiots

If Bama wins:
Michigan
Washington
Bama
The idiots

CFP rankings this week will be:

1. uga
2. Michigan
3. Washington
4. FSU
5. Oregon
6. tOSU
7. Texas
8. Alabama

CFP rankings this week should be:

1. Michigan
2. uga
3. Washington
4. Oregon
5. FSU
6. tOSU
7. Texas
8. Alabama

Before outrage starts related to FSU, they have no chance of beating any of the Top 8 right now. That team without Jordan Travis is painful on offense.

It’s pretty straight forward at this point.

1. Michigan with a win in the B1G Championship is in.
2. FSU with a win in the ACC Championship is in. (Still think they will get crushed in the CFP).
3. P12 Champion Friday night should be in. I think Oregon rolls Washington this time.

The last spot is where things get interesting.

1. uga win over Bama and they are in.
2. Bama win over uga combined with Texas beating Oklahoma State, should mean Texas is in.
3. FSU loses to Louisville and chaos begins. That means it’s any of the following:
-tOSU
-UW with a loss to Oregon
-uga with a loss to Bama

Winner of Washington vs Oregon is in unless Bama beats UGA.

1. UGA
2. Michigan
3. Oregon/Washington
4. FSU

Or

1. Michigan
2. Bama
3. FSU
4. UGA

UGA #4 because they won't have. UGA/Bama rematch in the first round.

Swap Oregon/Washington with FSU if FSU loses.

I don’t think FSU is a lock, and I do think OSU still has a shot (but would need evil to prevail over the Tide).

Mich, uga, and the Oregon/Wash winner I think are locked in. The 4th spot I think goes to Bama with a W and OSU with an L. I just don’t see them letting FSU in over a 1 loss (to Mich) OSU or a 1 loss (to Texas) SEC champion Bama. If Jordan Travis were healthy, I would see it going differently.

If this happens:
- Bama wins
- FSU wins
- Michigan wins

I don't see how UGA gets in the playoff.

- Michigan and FSU would be undefeated P5 champs so obviously they should get in.
- Bama would have beaten UGA head-to-head and won the conference championship, equal number of losses.
- Either Oregon or Washington will be P5 champ with one or zero losses.

If this happens:
- Bama wins
- FSU wins
- Michigan wins

I don't see how UGA gets in the playoff.

- Michigan and FSU would be undefeated P5 champs so obviously they should get in.
- Bama would have beaten UGA head-to-head and won the conference championship, equal number of losses.
- Either Oregon or Washington will be P5 champ with one or zero losses.
FSU has a tough road without jordan travis.. sux

FSU has a tough road without jordan travis.. sux
Right but I'm only thinking about keeping UGA out of the playoff. All FSU has to do is beat Louisville (I'd rate it as slightly less than 50% chance) and they're undefeated conference champs.

Don’t forget Texas beat Bama. That looms large if Bama beats the cesspool.

OK but Bama will have just beaten UGA and won the conference. You think they'd put UGA in the playoff over the team that just beat them and won the conference, with the exact same record? In the past the Committee has used the justification that conference championships and late season performance matters more

If FSU wins the ACC title next week they are headed to the playoffs. My opinion, this will not be good due to the fact they just are not that good without their QB1. Whoever they get matched with is a straight shot to the finals.

Right but I'm only thinking about keeping UGA out of the playoff. All FSU has to do is beat Louisville (I'd rate it as slightly less than 50% chance) and they're undefeated conference champs.

OK but Bama will have just beaten UGA and won the conference. You think they'd put UGA in the playoff over the team that just beat them and won the conference, with the exact same record? In the past the Committee has used the justification that conference championships and late season performance matters more
Problem is the narrative regarding FSU is already out there. And let’s be honest, FSU is the worst of the Top 8 “in contention“ right now without Jordan Travis. ESECPN has already been making the argument for the following with an Alabama SEC Championship win.

1. Michigan
2/3. Alabama (which is an EFFING JOKE).
2/3. Washington / Oregon winner.
4. uga (which is an EFFING JOKE).

Texas whether they win by 100 along with FSU are likely on the outside looking in if Alabama wins.

The 12 team Playoff can’t come fast enough.

Using the current rankings it would be:

Byes:
1. uga
2. Michigan
3. Washington
4. FSU

5. Oregon vs 12. Tulane* (highest non P5 Champion)
6. tOSU vs 11. Ole Miss
7. Texas vs 10. PSU
8. Alabama vs 9. Mizzou

Maybe read it again? If Bama beats the cesspool, I don’t see how they would leave out Texas who beat the SEC champs.

The easy decision is four undefeated P5 champs - Michigan, Georgia, FSU, Washington.

I believe the next tier in would be one loss conference champions - Oregon, Texas, Bama

The third tier would be one loss non-champions - potentially Michigan, Washington, FSU and Georgia plus Ohio State. I don’t see Washington or FSU getting much of a chance if the lose next weekend.

The Dawgs have a good chance of being left out if they lose to Alabama.

Back