Pole: Georgia Tech Will Be Ranked After...

After which game will GT be ranked?

• Duke

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • North Carolina

Votes: 68 40.5%
  • VPISU

Votes: 64 38.1%
  • Da U

Votes: 19 11.3%
  • BYU

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Syracuse

• Cav Man

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pittsburgh

• Clemson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Them Dawgs (Piss On Em)

Votes: 3 1.8%

• Total voters
The real question is will we be ranked at all. I see winning 2 out of our next 4 games at best.

Lol.

I could see two out of four. In no world is that our best case scenario though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

I'm not in any hurry to get ranked this year. It seems like it just becomes a distraction and then a source of disappointment. I want to enjoy the season and take what comes without thinking whether we are over-rated or under-rated every week. Polls don't mean anything until December, anyway. I'll be happy if we win 3 of the next 4. If we can repeat that for the second half of the ACC schedule, we'll have a pretty good chance of going to Charlotte.

This team should win 4 out of the next 4.

ONCE AGAIN...let me remind everyone......

We scored 36 on Miami last year...with TW as QB...and with an absolutely PUTRID defense.

Miami QB Morris reminds me of TW. But Morris is much worse. A very mediocre passer and completely immobile. He is a statue in the backfield. Cant run or scramble worth a öööö.

We will light Miami's D....UP !!!!!!

GT will be coming off of two games where we curb-stomped UNC & VT back-to-back. The GT-Miami game will be about the time the first BCS polls come out.

CPJ will have EVERY incentive to run-up the score and blow Miami out.

IMO, we score 40+ on Miami in a victory.

I sure hope we have learned that LAST YEAR, and next year for that matter, don't mean squat. Unless the laws of the universe have changed.

I don't know if you guys watched the Miami-Florida game, but Miami looked terrible. Florida handed them the game.

I don't know if you guys watched the Miami-Florida game, but Miami looked terrible. Florida handed them the game.
I watched the Miami game and have prepared a comprehensive, in-depth analysis of Miami's football team: they suck.

Check out these snippets from the game:

Florida outgained Miami 413-212;
Florida had a 22-10 edge in first downs;
Florida outran the Hurricanes 122-50;
Florida enjoyed nearly a 2-to-1 edge in time of possession; and
Florida held Miami to 1-for-11 on third-downs.

Miami had 143 yards in the first quarter.
The rest of the way: 69 yards, 2.0 yards per play.

And another thing: Miami's quarterback couldn't carry Vad Lee's jock strap.

......and yet they are ranked #15 and will be undefeated when we play them. I hope they are as deluded as the pollsters.

This team should win 4 out of the next 4.

I think 4 is too optimistic. I think it's gonna be close between 2 or 3, but I think we're good enough to push it up to 3. The trick will be to win the right ones in terms of tie-breakers in the standings.

UNC/VT/Miami are all pretty much toss-ups at this point. We're easily capable of winning/losing each of those games by 10+ points.

Edit: Although through my gold colored glasses I think we outmatch UNC/VT at home and can give Miami a run as well (with two extra days of rest).

Last edited:
I watched the Miami game and have prepared a comprehensive, in-depth analysis of Miami's football team: they suck.

And another thing: Miami's quarterback couldn't carry Vad Lee's jock strap.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.

Been trying to tell hordes of naysayers on this board for the past 2 months, many of whom have been counting Miami as a highly-probable loss for us.

We put 36 on these clowns last year...with TW at QB, and with our PUTRID D.

Miami QB Morris is horrible: a very mediocre passer and ZERO mobility.

Only CAG's completely attrocious D made Morris look like a star.

IMO, we're gonna light-up Miami like UNC in 2012.

I think 4 is too optimistic. I think it's gonna be close between 2 or 3, but I think we're good enough to push it up to 3. The trick will be to win the right ones in terms of tie-breakers in the standings.

UNC/VT/Miami are all pretty much toss-ups at this point. We're easily capable of winning/losing each of those games by 10+ points.

Edit: Although through my gold colored glasses I think we outmatch UNC/VT at home and can give Miami a run as well (with two extra days of rest).

Toss-ups ?!?!?! Get your F-ing mind rite dude.

Geeeeeeeeez, some of you "so-called" GT fans are just pitiful.

Did you not watch the Miami game? We can beat Duke, UNC, Poly, and Miami. The only question is if we'll lay an egg in there or if Miami or Poly plays better than they are.

4 / 4 = expectation
3 / 4 = disappointment
anything else = hot seat

Did you not watch the Miami game? We can beat Duke, UNC, Poly, and Miami. The only question is if we'll lay an egg in there or if Miami or Poly plays better than they are.

4 / 4 = expectation
3 / 4 = disappointment
anything else = hot seat

4-0 :hsughrun:

3-1 :dunno:

2-2 :eek4wtf:

4 / 4 = expectation
3 / 4 = disappointment
anything else = hot seat

I did watch the Miami game. I watched a decent offense struggle to produce points against a UF defense which is probably top 10 in the country. Morris will not look as bad against us as he did againt UF. And Duke Johnson will have an easier time running against our front than UFs which has a few 1st Round talents on the DL. That being said our offense will not gift TOs like UF did. I think it'll be a game similar to last year's with a lot of points and tight.

I think we're better than UNC and VT and have them at home. That being said we've lost to VT twice under CPJ when we had the better team ('08 and '12). Their defense will keep them in the game and we could easily lose it if we don't execute. UNC is my most confident of the 3 big ones. I think we'll roll their defense again (based on what I've seen) and their offense is significantly less scary without Gio - I thought the Blue/Morris combo at RB would be formidable, but they don't seem to have the same punch as last year.

Right now I'd put it at...
@Duke.....0.85
UNC.........0.65
VT...........0.60
@Miami.....0.40

That puts us right between 2/3 wins. I think the most likely outcome is we take 3 of 4. But I also think we're good enough to take all 4 if we get some bounces and don't get too beat up with injuries to key players.

I did watch the Miami game. I watched a decent offense struggle to produce points against a UF defense which is probably top 10 in the country. Morris will not look as bad against us as he did againt UF. And Duke Johnson will have an easier time running against our front than UFs which has a few 1st Round talents on the DL. That being said our offense will not gift TOs like UF did. I think it'll be a game similar to last year's with a lot of points and tight.

I think we're better than UNC and VT and have them at home. That being said we've lost to VT twice under CPJ when we had the better team ('08 and '12). Their defense will keep them in the game and we could easily lose it if we don't execute. UNC is my most confident of the 3 big ones. I think we'll roll their defense again (based on what I've seen) and their offense is significantly less scary without Gio - I thought the Blue/Morris combo at RB would be formidable, but they don't seem to have the same punch as last year.

Right now I'd put it at...
@Duke.....0.85
UNC.........0.65
VT...........0.60
@Miami.....0.40

That puts us right between 2/3 wins. I think the most likely outcome is we take 3 of 4. But I also think we're good enough to take all 4 if we get some bounces and don't get too beat up with injuries to key players.

This is just about exactly how I feel (though I would give higher percentage to Duke, but that'd be splitting hairs). I'm hoping that we can get out to huge leads early against both Duke and UNC to give our second string some meaningful snaps and give our 1st string some rest. I want to beat Miami in the worst way!!! We've should have beat those clowns last year!

What I would love to see is us use 90% pistol against UNC - if for no other reason than to give VT something to think about on 5 days rest. Also, UNC will likely have spent their bye week prepping for the spread option so it would be nice to throw a monkey wrench in there.

@Duke....1.00
UNC........0.85
VT...........0.75
@DaU.....0.95

2/4 = fire CPJ
3/4 = fire Ted Roof
4/4 = fire Bobinski
5/4 = met expectations (barely)

Back