Pole: Georgia Tech Will Be Ranked After...

After which game will GT be ranked?

• Duke

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • North Carolina

Votes: 68 40.5%
  • VPISU

Votes: 64 38.1%
  • Da U

Votes: 19 11.3%
  • BYU

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Syracuse

• Cav Man

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pittsburgh

• Clemson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Them Dawgs (Piss On Em)

Votes: 3 1.8%

• Total voters
Yeh, that Miami D sure does have our number.

One short year ago...............

We had 419 Yards of Offense.......No GT Defense to speak of.................and yet.........

We scored...36. Dumb-azz.

I cant see how some of you a-holes can ACTAULLY BE...GT fans with such pathetically NEGATIVE attitudes towards the team.

It's because they're desire to be right or look smart outweighs their desire to be fans. It's part of the reason we have a lackluster fanbase in general.

No way. 5-0 with a road win over Top 15 (and still ranked after the loss) Miami would put us in the 10-15 range. That would give us 4 consecutive weeks on national television with a good chance of the Miami game being in primetime. Porbably end up around 12/13 after that. But the chances of us coming out of the next 3 games unscathed is still small I think.

Where do you think GT is ranked going into the Miami game? To get to 12/13 after Miami, we'd need to be Top 20 going in. No way UNC + Poly gets us to top 20.

Where do you think GT is ranked going into the Miami game? To get to 12/13 after Miami, we'd need to be Top 20 going in. No way UNC + Poly gets us to top 20.

It's questionable. VT is still regarded favorably (getting some votes in the polls), so beating them would definitely get us a boost.

It really depends more on the other teams losing than us winning. If no teams in the top 25 lose there isn't much room to move up. Of the teams ahead of us, Texas Tech isn't losing (Tex St and Kansas), Wisconsin has Ohio State (assume loss), Arizona St has Stanford and USC (at least one loss), Notre Dame has Oklahoma (assume that's a loss), Ole Miss has Alabama (assume a loss), Baylor has La Monroe and a bye (assume both wins), UF has Tenn and Kentucky (wins), Northwestern has Main and a bye, and Washington has Idaho St and Arizona.

So we could conceivably jump Wisconsin, Arizona State, Notre Dame, and Ole Miss. By my calculations, that puts us at 22 (ignoring the teams also receiving votes, who I think we can straight up jump with both wins). Also possible we jump a Texas Tech or Baylor team who hasn't played anyone. At best that is 19. More realistically I think you are looking at 21 (assuming we win both games).

The big jump would come after beating Miami on the road. Getting ahead of myself, we would catapult to top 15, probably number 12 there.

The big jump would come after beating Miami on the road. Getting ahead of myself, we would catapult to top 15, probably number 12 there.

I hope you're right (but even if you're wrong, I'd be very happy just to go 5-0 and test your theory).

ONCE AGAIN...let me remind everyone......

We scored 36 on Miami last year...with TW as QB...and with an absolutely PUTRID defense.

Miami QB Morris reminds me of TW. But Morris is much worse. A very mediocre passer and completely immobile. He is a statue in the backfield. Cant run or scramble worth a öööö.

We will light Miami's D....UP !!!!!!

GT will be coming off of two games where we curb-stomped UNC & VT back-to-back. The GT-Miami game will be about the time the first BCS polls come out.

CPJ will have EVERY incentive to run-up the score and blow Miami out.

IMO, we score 40+ on Miami in a victory.
You gotta be dreaming! We will be lucky to beat UNC & Va Tech.

I don't know if lucky is the right word, since we will likely be favored in both. Fortunate?

OK Legal, I'll go with fortunate. I don't believe that some of these posters have followed Tech football for as long as I have! Seriously, Tech is capable of many things.That being said, I would be very happy with wins over NC & VT.

OK Legal, I'll go with fortunate. I don't believe that some of these posters have followed Tech football for as long as I have! Seriously, Tech is capable of many things.That being said, I would be very happy with wins over NC & VT.

I sense your post count being mentioned in the near future...possibly in conjunction with being accused a troll.

this pole should've had multiple options to try and guess the ebbs and flows of the season.

In all likelihood a win over VPI defaults us into the rankings at #25. There should be more turnover this week than last. Could also be some pressure to create a ranked matchup for the Miami game assuming they survive USF. :lol:

We're #26/27 right now. It would take something crazy to win on Thursday and not be ranked in both of next week's polls.

#21 Ole Miss @ #1 Bama
#23 Wisco @ #4 OSU
#14 OU @ #22 ND
#24 TT is on a bye

Likely have at least 2 of the 3 underdogs lose and drop out of the rankings. And you would then have a 4-0 Tech team with a Top 20 overall and scoring defense (unless VT learns how to play offense in a week) coupled with CPJs offense that has knocked off 3 division opponents in a row - all in front of national audiences. Validation of our gaudy offensive/defensive stats would be attained and we'd pop up to the 22/23 range with a chance to jump to the 12/13 range if we could knock off Miami.

It's just a shame we started so low in the preseason rankings. A 5-0 start with 4 division wins including Miami on the road (with their W over UF) should have *hypothetically* placed us squarely in the Top 10. But it won't.

Back