• Clemson -34

Votes: 21 16.9%
  • GT + 34

Votes: 103 83.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thwg

Damn Good Rat
I think Clemson could have won by 70-80 last year if they had wanted. This year I think they could win by 50-60. But, truth is they play two teams who can beat them their first 13 games this year. And those two teams are A/M and Syracuse. They play those two games right after GT. All of their game-planning will go into those two games. TL might only play a half vs. GT. I expect GT to be trying to score until the last second. So, I took GT +34 last week in Vegas. $5000 wager. Hope I'm right.

CorpusJacket

Varsity Lurker
He was good friends with PJ and they did not legitimately compete for recruits. Now he must defend PJ’s honor and embarrass GC, who is actually trying to take a slice of his Atl recruiting stronghold. It will be ugly if he can make it that way.

Honestly, I think we compete though and keep it within the spread. Not because of Dabo letting up but because we’re prepared and will play hard.
Interesting info re CPJ and Dabo. If those guys want to punish us for daring to compete for recruits......grrrrr. I hope your take on the outcome is correct.

00Burdell

Mod Thyself
Staff member
I'm going out on a limb with the following:

We pick off three passes;
CGC goes for broke on offense and we get some lucky breaks.

So I expect a 39-24 type thing.

daBuzz

Dodd-Like
First game of the year so Clemson's offense starts off slowly. Coupled with breaking in an entirely new defensive line and not having a lot of tape of what we will want to do offensively & defensively, we will keep it closer than 5 TD's, I think.

User 10337

I think we cover and surprise some folks doing it. I see the 3-4 scores down an appropriate ending to the game

biggtfan

Varsity Lurker
I'm thinking 49-17 bad guys, so I would GT +34. I agree with others who think Clemson will ease up once the outcome is secure.

Yukonwreck

Dodd-Like
I think Clemson could have won by 70-80 last year if they had wanted. This year I think they could win by 50-60. But, truth is they play two teams who can beat them their first 13 games this year. And those two teams are A/M and Syracuse. They play those two games right after GT. All of their game-planning will go into those two games. TL might only play a half vs. GT. I expect GT to be trying to score until the last second. So, I took GT +34 last week in Vegas. $5000 wager. Hope I'm right.
A leveraged bet. Not too shabby. TL might get a high ankle sprain in warm-ups, or have the flu. A lot can happen.

Yukonwreck

Dodd-Like
Opening games tend to be closer than expected. Rust is the great equalizer. Line is a bit high.
Vegas understands rust, but they aren't picking a winner, they are choosing a line that divides the betting evenly. They understand and care about the idiosyncrasies of the betting public much more keenly than they care about rust.

WracerX

Dr. Dunkingstein
If they try to win by 34, their QB will miss the next two games at the least. I would expect them to win by 24-27 with a lot of subs playing early.

On our side, I see us running very few plays in the second half, but repping the crap out of the basics.

Yukonwreck

Dodd-Like
If they try to win by 34, their QB will miss the next two games at the least. I would expect them to win by 24-27 with a lot of subs playing early.

On our side, I see us running very few plays in the second half, but repping the crap out of the basics.
It is a practice game for us, pure and simple.

OptionJacket

Damn Good Rat
First games are always interesting. I’ve seen a lot of weird things happen in first games. I’m not expecting the game to be close but no way it will be 34 points. Clemson won’t be firing in mid season form and if they get up early they won’t be leaving the studs in. Our guys will be fighting for playing time even if we’re down 28 so I can see us scoring some meaningless TD’s late. I just don’t think we’ll get whipped as bad as most think we will.

BigMaconDawg

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
When is the last time GT was a 34 point underdog? In the early 1990's against FSU?

Akinji07

Moderator you deserve
Staff member
We’re winning this game and y’all are gonna lose your minds. Half of you will book your trips to New Orleans.

GTRules

You’re Mamma
We’re winning this game and y’all are gonna lose your minds. Half of you will book your trips to New Orleans.
This. I don’t understand why this is hard for some of y’all.