POLL: What is the probability we beat Clemson in 2022

What is the probability we beat Clemson in 2022

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think that as soon as Tech knew that the Clemson game was going to be a neutral field, they should have at least tried to cancel the UCF away game and schedule an additional home game at BDS. It would have been reasonable, considering the original game in Orlando was cancelled by them, and we were doing them a favor by rescheduling it, anyway. It's time for our AD to stop being nice and accommodating to everybody except our own fans.

This is the weird logic that simply amazes

What assumption can be made that they fixed their offense but we haven’t fixed our offense?
The lack of any improvement on either side of the ball during Collins tenure. Gus Malzahn can coach. Collins can not.

I'm not sure what you think I don't understand. You more or less are saying what I've said. Here's an excerpt from the Q & A when the deal was announced -

"Q. I didn’t like my seat for the 2017 Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game versus Tennessee at Mercedes-Benz Stadium. Will the setup be the same for these games at Mercedes-Benz Stadium?
A. No. The 2020 (vs. Notre Dame), 2021 (TBA), 2023 (TBA) and 2024 (Notre Dame) games will be Georgia Tech home games, meaning that Tech will have nearly the entire stadium’s inventory to make available to its fans."

I talked again to my ticket guy and he said that what he had said before wasn't totally correct. He said we do have better seating options than clemmons (more tickets and priority to premium seats, etc) but he says that CFA controls the tickets.

Here's another excerpt from the announcement that concerns the reasons that Tech would enter into the agreement -

Revenue – Based on conservative ticket sales estimates, as well as a financial guarantee to participate in the 2022 Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game, Georgia Tech expects a significant revenue lift over the five years that it will hold an annual game at Mercedes-Benz Stadium, which is valuable revenue that it can reinvest in services and facilities for student-athletes and close the budget gap between Tech and some of its peers.

I should've kept reading. Another -

"For the 2022 Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game (vs. Clemson), Georgia Tech will have access to a wider variety of seating options than it did for the 2017 Chick-fil-A Game against Tennessee, while Clemson will receive a visitor’s ticket allotment (for the 2017 Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game, Georgia Tech and Tennessee received equal ticket allotments, which made the seating options that GT could offer its fans more limited).

Therefore, for all five games at Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Georgia Tech season-ticket members will have priority access to preferred seating options, including premium seating inventory (club seats and suites)."

So we do have some advantage. We will have almost total control for the other games but not this one.

I'm not sure what you think I don't understand. You more or less are saying what I've said. Here's an excerpt from the Q & A when the deal was announced -

"Q. I didn’t like my seat for the 2017 Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game versus Tennessee at Mercedes-Benz Stadium. Will the setup be the same for these games at Mercedes-Benz Stadium?
A. No. The 2020 (vs. Notre Dame), 2021 (TBA), 2023 (TBA) and 2024 (Notre Dame) games will be Georgia Tech home games, meaning that Tech will have nearly the entire stadium’s inventory to make available to its fans."

I talked again to my ticket guy and he said that what he had said before wasn't totally correct. He said we do have better seating options than clemmons (more tickets and priority to premium seats, etc) but he says that CFA controls the tickets.

Darth Vader Alter The Deal GIF - Darth Vader Alter The Deal ...

I'm sure both teams will have some injury issues by the end of fall camp, so not sure this changes the outlook much. Then again, our OL can use all the help it can get.

I'm sure both teams will have some injury issues by the end of fall camp, so not sure this changes the outlook much. Then again, our OL can use all the help it can get.
I'm sure we will have some too but likely not as impactful as losing the #1 DE in the country that was also a top 5 national recruit.

I am really interested to see how we play against Clemson. However; I don't think using this game as a gauge on how we're doing, is smart. We're pulling a new system out, on offense. We still have a lot of questions with defense. While Clemson isn't exactly an offensive powerhouse, they will have a top 5 defense. We may see a low scoring game. At least I hope to see a low scoring game. With that said.. We cannot expect to come out shooting bullets on offense, against a top 5 defense. We should have better measures against UCF, Pitt, Duke and FSU... and maybe Ole Miss... The stretch of games, after Clemson is where I will use my judgement. Whether you agree with this or not... It's my opinion.

24 1/2 IIRC.
21 pt underdogs vs Clempsun
I think we keep it closer than 21. If we play mistake free, Clemson won't cash in on those errors. Clemson is great on the D side. However; they aren't exactly a juggernaut on the O side of the ball. Like I said, they have a top 5 defense, no doubt. But, they will not generate a ton of points on their own.

Back