coit

Persecuted for his beliefs
Sat, Oct 1 vs Miami - TBD PM ET
---------------------------------
Last game: Clemson
Next game: Pitt
---------------------------------

Orlando Sentinel Pre-Season Ranking: 25

Fresh off of our resounding victory against "perennially overrated*" Clemson, the Jackets take on Mark Richt and look to establish new dominance. We all know this is the classic trap game, so the boys better not look past the Canes.

Miami is coming in with a seasoned QB and almost their entire offense intact from last season. Expect the Canes to throw early and often in the new Air Richt offense.

Defensively they are less mature, having lost most of their starters.

Expect a high scoring affair to start the month of October.

* - Source: @JJacket

Last edited:
This one's a real toss up. I have no clue what to expect from Thug U in CMR's first season at the helm. Going with 0.5

Look for Miami to improve dramatically under Richt. There is no reason for that team to win less than 10 games a year.

Otoh, Richt will never lead them to the promised land. A good gameday coach who knows when to gamble will beat him 90%.

Best QB in ACC. Scariest game on schedule. We roll....

Best QB in ACC.
504a2c8702ba74fbf60a59945be8055d.jpg

With UM coming in with a young defense and a new DC, I expect us to score some points, but it might not be enough. The DC at UM is Manny Diaz, who has led some good defenses, but he's changed jobs almost every year over his career. He lasted one season at Texas and was given the boot after the Longhorns gave up 679 yds (550 rushing) to BYU early in 2012. He doesn't have experience against the TO, but Richt will have some ideas.

With UM coming in with a young defense and a new DC, I expect us to score some points, but it might not be enough. The DC at UM is Manny Diaz, who has led some good defenses, but he's changed jobs almost every year over his career. He lasted one season at Texas and was given the boot after the Longhorns gave up 679 yds (550 rushing) to BYU early in 2012. He doesn't have experience against the TO, but Richt will have some ideas.

I hear ya, and do not necessarily disagree, but man I am tired of us being in the "score a lot of points (all hail the TO) but our D is not good enough to win even then" category.

Better watch out dropping all this truth up in here
Well, if you were facing a MMA champ and you had a AR-15 and he had a knife, wouldn't you beat him like a rented mule? The "truth" you reference lacks a bit of perspective, huh? How did the Saint do against UF where both fighters had only their fists?

Well, if you were facing a MMA champ and you had a AR-15 and he had a knife, wouldn't you beat him like a rented mule? The "truth" you reference lacks a bit of perspective, huh? How did the Saint do against UF where both fighters had only their fists?

lol

See 2009 for why your cute little analogy is utter bullshit.

Back