Portal Recruits

Seems his son can't stand him, either.
His first HC job was at Rice. He did a pretty good job and took Rice to a bowl in his first year. Players hated him because of his abrasive style but he won. After the season he asked to renegotiate his contract and Rice agreed. Increase in annual pay and buyout was reduced, left for Tulsa the very next day. Love that this is happening to him.

His first HC job was at Rice. He did a pretty good job and took Rice to a bowl in his first year. Players hated him because of his abrasive style but he won. After the season he asked to renegotiate his contract and Rice agreed. Increase in annual pay and buyout was reduced, left for Tulsa the very next day. Love that this is happening to him.
[/QUOTE]
Abusive style = wins?? Sesame street style = 3 wins per year?

So, have we pretty much been skunked here other than a couple of decent OL guys?

Seems to me that a serious transfer would have made a decision and announcement by now so that they could be enrolled in Spring classes.
Granted, some grad transfers might need to stay another semester to finish up, but certainly not undergrads.
Participating in Spring practice would be key to their potential for immediate PT, so enrolling by next week would be required.

Inquiring minds want to know. @smokey-wasp?? anybody else with G2?

So, have we pretty much been skunked here other than a couple of decent OL guys?

Seems to me that a serious transfer would have made a decision and announcement by now so that they could be enrolled in Spring classes.
Granted, some grad transfers might need to stay another semester to finish up, but certainly not undergrads.
Participating in Spring practice would be key to their potential for immediate PT, so enrolling by next week would be required.

Inquiring minds want to know. @smokey-wasp?? anybody else with G2?

It's quiet right now, but there will be several more additions and probably more subtractions, as well. I am not sure of the timing. I still expect us to do pretty well in the transfer market.

It's quiet right now, but there will be several more additions and probably more subtractions, as well. I am not sure of the timing. I still expect us to do pretty well in the transfer market.

Thanks. That makes me feel a little better. Had gone totally quiet after some initial flurry of activity.
Still curious why they would risk missing Spring practice, but I guess they have another 10 days or so to regsiter.

Thanks. That makes me feel a little better. Had gone totally quiet after some initial flurry of activity.
Still curious why they would risk missing Spring practice, but I guess they have another 10 days or so to regsiter.
There’s always a lot of activity right after the bowl season.

Buffalo's 1,000-yard rusher and QB are now in the portal.

Why not this guy? In all seriousness, this is a who can offer me the most money story. I just can’t see how NIL is going to good for college football as a whole. This coming off the comments from the one kid saying Texas’s recruiting pitch was money, money, money.

Would love to see us pick up Winston Wright from WVa. Would definitely fill the kick returner hole. He was also their leading receiver. From Savannah.

Why not this guy? In all seriousness, this is a who can offer me the most money story. I just can’t see how NIL is going to good for college football as a whole. This coming off the comments from the one kid saying Texas’s recruiting pitch was money, money, money.

First test for Venables, gotta recruit Caleb Williams back to Oklahoma, apparently he is not fully determined to leave.

Venables did steal Kiffin's OC/QB coach, great hire, that should help a lot.

Back