Portal Recruits

First test for Venables, gotta recruit Caleb Williams back to Oklahoma, apparently he is not fully determined to leave.

Venables did steal Kiffin's OC/QB coach, great hire, that should help a lot.

Higher chance he’s in Athens then Oklahoma

Would love to see us pick up Winston Wright from WVa. Would definitely fill the kick returner hole. He was also their leading receiver. From Savannah.
My son played HS ball against him. He's got legit speed.

God help us if Caleb Williams go to Georgia. With Bennett and the other, better QB leaving, it might be a destination.

This no-sit-out transfer rule sucks. You know Oklahoma fans can't be happy. I hope enough people get pissed off that we undo it.

God help us if Caleb Williams go to Georgia. With Bennett and the other, better QB leaving, it might be a destination.

This no-sit-out transfer rule sucks. You know Oklahoma fans can't be happy. I hope enough people get pissed off that we undo it.
The rule was fine allowing immediate play if the destination school was "within 100 miles of immediate family". The problem is they dropped this stipulation.

The problem is they didn’t evenly enforce the sit out rule and arbitrarily granted a waiver when one wasn’t actually warranted - typically to a football factory.
The point is that it provided friction in player transactions that no longer exist

The problem is the richest programs can immediately buy proven talent to fill needs and they can do it openly and above table.

The problem is the richest programs can immediately buy proven talent to fill needs and they can do it openly and above table.
Amateur football has been relegated to AAAA and below high school football. The problem is that many schools and fans just haven't realized it yeteven though it's been that way for a while. Hopefully this exposes the reality to fans and college programs stop masquerading as if this has any educational benefit whatsoever and the whole house of cards collapses until it resembles something more akin to college baseball.

Georgia signed the Stockton kid out of Rabun County. I've seen him play.
He's good. Damn good. Big time arm and mobile. Plus, his dad is a coach and played college football so he's grown up in it
I'm not worried about Williams going to Georgia. I would be if they didn't have Stockton.

In addition to their ability to pay players to sign with them out of high school and get around all sorts of academic requirements. The NCAA as a governing body that is supposed to provide a level playing field is a joke.

In addition to their ability to pay players to sign with them out of high school and get around all sorts of academic requirements. The NCAA as a governing body that is supposed to provide a level playing field is a joke.
I see nothing preventing Alabama boosters from paying players out of HS to go to a year long training camp. I also see nothing preventing Alabama from using this training facility to evaluate players based on the camp and either offering or cutting the player from the camp. This could legitimately happen. A camp full of paid 3, 4, and 5 stars training for Bama

I will take my L here. I thought he would come here and be great. But Chip Long and Chris Weinke saw him at UT and passed, as did other P5's.
I'm guessing he was running a 5.5 sec 40 or something similar. His arm strength wasn't fantastic, but there is worse out there. I'm guessing he just was slow.

I see nothing preventing Alabama boosters from paying players out of HS to go to a year long training camp. I also see nothing preventing Alabama from using this training facility to evaluate players based on the camp and either offering or cutting the player from the camp. This could legitimately happen. A camp full of paid 3, 4, and 5 stars training for Bama
College football = professional football.

I’ll guarantee you it’s worse than that. The problem is the NCAA won’t do anything to Bama. But they would not stand for that one minute at the University of Tennessee l, Michigan or the University of Florida. That’s why there is such disparity in college football.

Back