Post game bitching thread

When I was a kid out in the country we had an antenna on a tall tower with a rotor.
my old man would yell, “get up and go change the channel to channel 10. And don’t forget to turn the rotor toward Albany. “ I was the remote control
In my yard, the antenna was our wiffle ball foul pole. Over the house fair was an HR. On the roof fair was a triple. Hit the side of the house fair or hit it in the air past the basketball goal, it was a double. Get it past the stretched out hose, on the ground or in the air, single. If it gets caught in the air anywhere - out. If a grounder doesn't make it on its own or gets stopped before making it past the stretched out hose - out. No baserunning. No strikeouts. No damn pitching like you're Nolan Ryan. We want basketball score games.

Ok so this is supposed to be the thread where we air the grievances.

Well I got one.

So at the tailgate, the dude next to me - his wheels were touching the white line so I had to shimmy sideways to get in my car. Other than that, a banner day all around. But there was that.

In my yard, the antenna was our wiffle ball foul pole. Over the house fair was an HR. On the roof fair was a triple. Hit the side of the house fair or hit it in the air past the basketball goal, it was a double. Get it past the stretched out hose, on the ground or in the air, single. If it gets caught in the air anywhere - out. If a grounder doesn't make it on its own or gets stopped before making it past the stretched out hose - out. No baserunning. No strikeouts. No damn pitching like you're Nolan Ryan. We want basketball score games.

This was my childhood. And we all threw at each other until we started fighting. Then we stopped and played some more.

When I was a kid out in the country we had an antenna on a tall tower with a rotor.
my old man would yell, “get up and go change the channel to channel 10. And don’t forget to turn the rotor toward Albany. “ I was the remote control
Ah yes, WALB, Channel 10. Where did you grow up?

Ah yes, WALB, Channel 10. Where did you grow up?
That is what we got along with channel 6 out of thomasville-tallahassee plus channel 8 in Waycoss. . So.etimes if atmospheric conditions were right channel 4 out of Jax 9 out of Columbus & a Dothan station
Good Ole Tifton

At this point in the season the defense is what it is. The best we can hope for is that they play tough and put in a solid performance when the other team gives them the opportunity, which is what happened today.
bend don't break.

There should be no blackout rules, and all games should be streamable from espn if they own the national rights. CW/raycom/bally can own the tv rights, and even pump their own commercials in, but in the year of our lord 2023, i shouldnt need to pull rabbit ears to see any CFB game i want.
I bought an antenna to watch Saturdays game on my patio. Quality rivaled any cable service I ever had.

I bought an antenna to watch Saturdays game on my patio. Quality rivaled any cable service I ever had.
Have an outdoor antenna, mediacom Xtream Internet and a SlingTV subscription. So far, I've been able to watch all the CFB that I want.

I will cancel the SlingTV after the season is over. Then restart it next year.

Ok so this is supposed to be the thread where we air the grievances.

Well I got one.

So at the tailgate, the dude next to me - his wheels were touching the white line so I had to shimmy sideways to get in my car. Other than that, a banner day all around. But there was that.
1699274876185.gif

If we didn't try that quick out to the sideline pass again this year, I'd be fine. The results must be dreadful the last 2 dozen times we tried it. It doesn't set up anything, so why keep trying it. It's not like we are throwing it to Barry Sanders who can make the corner miss.

Back