Post game bitching thread

If we didn't try that quick out to the sideline pass again this year, I'd be fine. The results must be dreadful the last 2 dozen times we tried it. It doesn't set up anything, so why keep trying it. It's not like we are throwing it to Barry Sanders who can make the corner miss.
It opens up the run. We are making teams play sideline to sideline.

It opens up the run. We are making teams play sideline to sideline.
Our run game is mediocre at best, so if we want to spread the field throw it once early each half and then use it as a fake. Iow, it ain't working. Plus there are other options available.

Our run game is mediocre at best, so if we want to spread the field throw it once early each half and then use it as a fake. Iow, it ain't working. Plus there are other options available.
Are you watching the same run game as the rest of us?

This was my childhood. And we all threw at each other until we started fighting. Then we stopped and played some more.
Yeah For us if you hit the guy with the wiffle ball off the base it was an out and if you hit a baserunner in the mouth and it bled - well that was a double play.

Are you watching the same run game as the rest of us?
Yep, and I just watched us use the wideout quick pass five times. It went for 0,4,0,11,1 yards, and the last attempt was in the 4th qtr behind by 28 points!? We ran the ball 35 times for 117 yards. Guess the east-west sideline special is still on the menu huh? It's not the basis for opening up the run game. Our run game stats are coming from a few long runs by Haynes, Smith, and mostly by King (not a RB).
You do remember the thread title, right?
The OL & RBs deserve a lot of credit for the improvement the last 4 years, but they aren't there yet. Good news is, we finally have a few young OL players to serve as a foundation to build upon.

Tell me you haven't watched our last several games without telling me you haven't watched our last several games
Yep, sure have JJ. It's the basis for my disdain for how we are repeatedly using the same play for naught....like we just did yesterday.

Yep, and I just watched us use the wideout quick pass five times. It went for 0,4,0,11,1 yards, and the last attempt was in the 4th qtr behind by 28 points!? We ran the ball 35 times for 117 yards. Guess the east-west sideline special is still on the menu huh? It's not the basis for opening up the run game. Our run game stats are coming from a few long runs by Haynes, Smith, and mostly by King (not a RB).
The OL & RBs deserve a lot of credit for the improvement the last 4 years, but they aren't there yet. Good news is, we finally have a few young OL players to serve as a foundation to build upon.
So you come here to pile on me after a loss, dickhead? How about you just rub one out instead.

So you come here to pile on me after a loss, dickhead? How about you just rub one out instead.
I came on here after 10 games of wins and losses, to point out a unproductive play that we continue to use, and you can take your infantile name calling and stuff em up your arse.

The wideout quick pass works. Clemson did it to us more than a few times.

But it requires that the WRs block and it also requires that linemen get downfield after the block. Our WRs have shown little ability to block and our linemen are slow.

Back