Post-Game: What Positives Should We Take Away from the Game?

An interesting note:

A year ago, our freshman QB had just played great in his first game to beat FSU, and we thought we had an amazing team on its way to a good bowl. That didn't turn out well.

Now, we played crap, and lost to a bad team, and are thinking we may not even beat Kennesaw.

There is a chance we are as off as we were last year...

We were living on the hopes and dreams of a faded FSU brand. Hard to believe in a 180 when you lose to a team that has won 5 games in the past 2 years.

There is one positive that I haven't heard yet and that is all the ACC teams we recruit against all lost: Clemson, UNC, Miami and F$U (don't even think about it...)

Substituting on D when NIU didn’t substitute so that we burn a time out or get a penalty. Unable to decide what play to call so that we burn a time out, lose momentum and let NIU rest on D. FG attempts when should obviously going for it, chicken sht.

I wish I believed that the problem could be solved by replacing coordinators but I think it has to start with the head coach. He talks a good game but he is not a good football coach.

An interesting note:

A year ago, our freshman QB had just played great in his first game to beat FSU, and we thought we had an amazing team on its way to a good bowl. That didn't turn out well.

Now, we played crap, and lost to a bad team, and are thinking we may not even beat Kennesaw.

There is a chance we are as off as we were last year...
Sounds like a ride at Disney land. Jesus I hope you’re right.

2 cents
Plus side: Short yardage, QB under center. Pitches to Tailback (underutilized Donte Smith) for TD. Finally we attack the edge!! Sure beats the crap out of starting the point of attack 5 yards back where all can see our attempt unfold.

Negative side: Clap Clap offense sucks. Players spend too much looking to sideline signs and not to the opposition's set up to read any keys- run a play in with the players. Dump the signs. All of them.The signs advertise ques-game day and on film. Defense - too much time looking to the sideline, be ahead of the game and the up tempo and run plays in with subs. Trust your O and D captains to read the set up and give them the time and latitude to do so. JT#1 made them eat a time out jumping up to whisper to the linebacker to move his players ( clapper credit).
We have great backs and QB talent but our offensive strategy and game management hamstrings our capability.
I like what coach has created in culture- he needs to now focus on how well his staff and system is coaching game play.

Last edited:
Do you suppose the melt would have been less had we come out against a UNC and lost by 50? (Playing like we did yesterday, that's what would have happened)

Maybe not, but it would have been a bit more reasonable and legitimate to understand. Instead we now have the Shat show we are currently experiencing.

And beer as a backup policy.
I blame my post game state on you. You made me drink beer without eating anything.

I didn't realize I was drunk until I walked outside to catch the Uber. Felt pretty normal till then.

The biggest positive I saw was Yates. When he came in the game he seemed to elevate the play of those around him. He had a follow me charisma about him that reminded me of his performance when Milton won the state championship against Colquitt.
He looked decisive & confident.

Why do you think he's a good manager? I'm talking in-game management here. He wasted 2 timeouts and had a couple plays where we went out of bounds to kill the clock late. I haven't seen anything resembling good in-game management from Collins.
People manager. I probably worded that poorly. Agree on his current game management skills....needs a little fine tuning to say the least.

Well, KSU is not as bad as NIU. So we will stink less when playing Kennesaw State this week.

Back