Program Resets: 2020 Edition

Basically the entire VPI fanbase wants Fuente gone but he’s owed 12.5 M buyout (goes down 20% each year). The funny thing is that they want him gone because in their head losing to Duke/WF is a “fireable offense” for a program of their level. And not because he’s signing two consecutive horrible classes and their impending nosedive starting in 2022 is now unavoidable regardless of whether they fire him or not.

They’re legit gonna have sub-Duke level talent in a few years. Not even making Top 10s of the top guys in VA.

I think they end up pulling the trigger before the start of 2021. Not sure who they could find to take the job on a COVID + buyout budget tho with that FR/SO roster.
Maybe they hire Muschump. Lol. :evillaugh:

Norvell has a lot to fix in Tallahassee
Jimbo lit a match
Willie squirted lighter fluid on it

He had Wilson to start but Kaindoh got hurt
Kaindoh has been back but Wilson is done for the year. And now Terry has packed it in. That’s 3 likely first round guys

I’ve never been a Franklin fan but he’s safe - for now
Harbaugh might want to get a good real estate agent.
Frost helped himself yesterday. But that seat is warm

I wonder if Babers survives at the Cuse
And I wonder about Cut’s tenure at Duke
After yesterday’s implosion, I wonder about Fuente at VPI
I would not call those three guys "likely first round guys." I have only seen ONE mock draft which had any of those guys (Wilson) projected in the 1st round. Last mock I saw had Terry in the 4th round and Wilson in the 5th and Kaindoh not at all.

Basically the entire VPI fanbase wants Fuente gone but he’s owed 12.5 M buyout (goes down 20% each year). The funny thing is that they want him gone because in their head losing to Duke/WF is a “fireable offense” for a program of their level. And not because he’s signing two consecutive horrible classes and their impending nosedive starting in 2022 is now unavoidable regardless of whether they fire him or not.

They’re legit gonna have sub-Duke level talent in a few years. Not even making Top 10s of the top guys in VA.

I think they end up pulling the trigger before the start of 2021. Not sure who they could find to take the job on a COVID + buyout budget tho with that FR/SO roster.

I hope you're right. I've despised VPI since we've been playing them.

Their fans will get a rude awakening on where they are in the pecking order. Not that great of a job. Maybe they go after the Coastal Carolina coach, but their fans probably think they should do better.

There’s three or four outstanding college coaches at any given point. Hell I’d argue it’s just Saban and Dabo now. There’s a the second tier and I don’t even know who at this point.

There’s three or four outstanding college coaches at any given point. Hell I’d argue it’s just Saban and Dabo now. There’s a the second tier and I don’t even know who at this point.
This right here but has not this always been the case? There is only a few select few of great coaches in any given decade?

1605533604959.jpeg

Agreed. Putting Norvell on the hot seat this year is crazy talk. CGC is in more jeopardy than Norvell right now. Norvell is recruiting circles around Collins at the moment according to 247 sports, in his first year.

Before you guys have a conniption I am not saying Collins should be on the hot seat; but he is a year or so closer to it than Norvell.
Right, because only comparing WL and recruiting rankings actually matters. FSU and GT have zero other differences that could factor in to the mix.

Back