Pruitt fired, Fulmer retiring

Wondering how a gamecock could be obnoxious,annoying or have any expectations. They’ve literally done nothing in college football

Living in Tennessee I don’t think their fans are that unreasonable. There is no reason they should be as bad as they’ve been the last 15 years. Honestly I think most of them just expect to be a top 25 program.

Living in Tennessee I don’t think their fans are that unreasonable. There is no reason they should be as bad as they’ve been the last 15 years. Honestly I think most of them just expect to be a top 25 program.
Dunno about unreasonable, but that whole damn city is squarely behind UT football. Game day is a citywide event, even away games. GT could use some support like that.

Dunno about that hire. He inherited an undefeated team and turned them into 6-4 by year 3.

Why not the Coastal Carolina coach or the guy at UAB? Well, whatever.

Dunno about that hire. He inherited an undefeated team and turned them into 6-4 by year 3.

Why not the Coastal Carolina coach or the guy at UAB? Well, whatever.
He inherited a good team at UCF, which he won't be doing at Tennessee. We should know very quickly if he can coach or not. I assume UT will be easier to recruit for.

UCF sure beat our ass, and went so freaking fast on offense. They should at least give him a chance. They won't.

UCF sure beat our ass, and went so freaking fast on offense. They should at least give him a chance. They won't.
UCF may have beaten us anyway, but I have never before seen refs work so fast to get a ball spotted so UCF could center it. Multiple two men moving at the snap. Multiple times UCF would sub a WR and the refs wouldn't notice and frantically spot the ball for a UCF snap, despite rules stating the snap should be held for us to sub if they subbed.

Elliot is always the bridesmaid, never the bride.

Of course, he could go get a head coaching job at a smaller school and work his way to an P5 school instead of just hanging around Clemson waiting.

Of course, he could go get a head coaching job at a smaller school and work his way to an P5 school instead of just hanging around Clemson waiting.

Waiting for Saban to retire. Then he can take over Clem when Dabo leaves.

Makes one say Hmmmmm. Reminds me of Charlie Strong.

Terrible hire. SEC refs wont sprint the ball back to the LOS like the AAC. He may even get called for holding in Knoxville.

Interesting choice, but what do I know. I thought Scott Frost was a sure thing when he was at Oregon and I thought he would bring Nebraska quickly into the title hunt when he left UCF. Guess we will see how this one goes in a few years. Going to a starved fanbase that is staring down NCAA punishment is not an easy position to be in.

Makes one say Hmmmmm. Reminds me of Charlie Strong.
Heard Elliott said thanks, no thanks. Would have been his job. He's smart to hold out I think....there will be jobs with a higher chance of success I would think. The Vols have quite an uphill climb with very few tailwinds to help them outside of fan and booster support.

Wasn't Tee Martin on staff? Would be unusual to promote from a staff that was fired with cause for giving sacks full of cash to recruits, right?

Heard Elliott said thanks, no thanks. Would have been his job. He's smart to hold out I think....there will be jobs with a higher chance of success I would think. The Vols have quite an uphill climb with very few tailwinds to help them outside of fan and booster support.
Gee, I dunno. Sanctions are a short term headwind, but in the long term UT has a lot of potential. Former SEC power with lots of fan support, money, and recruiting prowess. I could see him returning them to conference contenders in a few years.

I think he could have turned us into a conference contender, too. Alas and alack...

Gee, I dunno. Sanctions are a short term headwind, but in the long term UT has a lot of potential. Former SEC power with lots of fan support, money, and recruiting prowess. I could see him returning them to conference contenders in a few years.

I think he could have turned us into a conference contender, too. Alas and alack...
Tennessee at its very best is maybe the sixth best program in the SEC. Maybe 7th. Right now they are 9th or 10th. Their delusional fans are living in the 1940s.

Back