QB battle

What we have been lacking, since Goose was here, is an accurate QB who can make the reads. From my perch in the UN, you can see WR's get open, we just can't get the ball to them. Correct that, and we are a consistent 9-10 win team. Our receivers are skilled. Unsure how either of the Dylan's skill level stacks up, but if they can be a force, we are gonna make noise this season.

Here is hoping Sims is our 60% + completion rate QB

To me, Sims is the hardest to gameplan for. He's got the big arm and the mobility and the size, and there's no college tape to understand what he's good/bad at running in our offense. We'll also get at least 1 other guy in the game, so they have to prep for everything they might see anyway.

Per AJC just now, Sims to start
645A4A3D-FAC4-4B72-A804-A5C0A92AB505.jpeg

So Sims starts; but are we doing the QB rotation thing again? (no I did not read the article)

So Sims starts; but are we doing the QB rotation thing again? (no I did not read the article)
Patenaude said in the presser that he wants the starter to get the vast majority of reps. I think we might see a second QB, but don’t expect the flipping we had early on last year.

I expect Sims starts, he’s so wound up he plays a but like Reggie vs uga, we see a bit of Graham to settle Sims down, and Sims finishes the game.

Excited about Sims. He checks all the boxes except experience, and we don't have many 5th year quarterbacks hanging around.

I like Gleason and Yates, and fine with whoever wins the backup job.

Graham... just had more development he needed to accomplish, coming in as a HS "athlete." The other players were well-developed HS quarterbacks, and I love the sophistication of Sims' and Gleason's HS systems. They are still freshmen, but all our quarterbacks are still essentially freshmen.

Back