QB battle

Me either but Pnode can't get through a press conference without spending three minutes talking about Yates' height. Its literally baffling to hear an OC complain about the height of one of his quarterbacks.
He needs to get over it

Can somebody text him to tell him to stop doing that? Ok, we get it, he can't see over a 6'5 OL - so effing what - neither could Heisman runner up Joe Hamilton.
He was responding to a question about their strengths and weaknesses. His height is a weakness. Doesn't mean he can't be good but it IS a thing that has to be planned around.

Without the luxury of preseason games, all college teams take a few games to settle on a starter when there is not an entrenched starter. Once somebody asserts themselves, then things settle down. We aren't the only ones who do this. James Graham did not assert himself and was pretty much what we expected, an athletic QB more suited for triple option. His accuracy was horrible. While he does throw a nice deep ball, without accuracy your offense will sputter. We need one of the young guns to take control or else it will be rinse, repeat of last year's offense.

Without the luxury of preseason games, all college teams take a few games to settle on a starter when there is not an entrenched starter. Once somebody asserts themselves, then things settle down. We aren't the only ones who do this. James Graham did not assert himself and was pretty much what we expected, an athletic QB more suited for triple option. His accuracy was horrible. While he does throw a nice deep ball, without accuracy your offense will sputter. We need one of the young guns to take control or else it will be rinse, repeat of last year's offense.
This. Graham was good at slinging it while running for his life, which is what we needed last year.

If we have any semblance of an O line this year, we need an honest to God college QB who is capable of standing in the pocket and delivering strikes all over the field. Graham may or may not be that guy. My money would be on Sims or Gleason.

If Sims wins the competition, it will be pretty cool watching him take down FSU, after we poached him from them, to open the season.

This. Graham was good at slinging it while running for his life, which is what we needed last year.

If we have any semblance of an O line this year, we need an honest to God college QB who is capable of standing in the pocket and delivering strikes all over the field. Graham may or may not be that guy. My money would be on Sims or Gleason.
What we really needed last year someone that could make the quick decisions and quick accurate throws last year. Unfortunately none of the 3 that played were capable of that. Instead we got, run for your life then throw it deep

True. The word was out among the players.
That is absolutely not true. He grew up a Michigan fan. His parents were Michigan season ticket holders. It has not a thing to do with CPJ

He transferred in June of 2007; Gailey was wasn't fired until December 2007. There were no rumors in June of 2007 that we were firing CG at the end of the year and hiring a coach from Navy.
This is misinformation. I can't believe you were around then saying that.

The rumors started signing day, when we let Collins walk without a fight, and the team always knows things before alumni do.

Not picking favorites but would prefer we start Graham and allow one of the young guys to play while the other redshirts. If the redshirt would rather transfer we have proven the recruiting is moving up. Just think 3 qb system is a bit much. If someone gets injured then remove the shirt. If Sims turns into gold it’s not likely he would play 4 anyway I would think.
Exactly, man. Sims and Tucker can battle it out to avoid redshirt. Yates is QB2 or QB3 depending on fall. Graham is the presumptive starter until he proves otherwise, or is clearly beaten.

Back