Recruiting...we still doing it?

I stumbled across an article yesterday where he said he doesn’t care what position he plays. To me that’s even more evidence that he’ll be at FSU. I will throw in that two months ago it was but a silly wish that we’d end up with either Graham or Barrett but no one thought we had a legit shot at either. And now we’re a viable contender for landing the second of the two.
If you don't care, you don't have a lot of drive. I'd rather someone show up like Tom Brady when he arrived in New England and proclaimed upon meeting management and ownership "I'm your new quarterback"

Would seem to be a first year coach class filler at FSU. No way they take him to be QB, regardless of what they're telling him.
I’m not sure about that. The FSU QB situation is far from stable, particularly with the RPO stuff Taggart is installing. Francois is coming off a serious injury and has shown to be a knucklehead, Blackman is 6-5 and about 160 lbs (not ideal for RPO). The lefty from Powder Springs, Hockman, may fit what he wants to do the best. I hear they would give Barrett a shot at QB...but not guaranteed. Still think he could be a Nesbitt type guy at Tech though

If you don't care, you don't have a lot of drive. I'd rather someone show up like Tom Brady when he arrived in New England and proclaimed upon meeting management and ownership "I'm your new quarterback"

JT5 spurned a factory to have a shot at QB. I like the kids that come in to compete for a job. I'm with you.

I’m not sure about that. The FSU QB situation is far from stable, particularly with the RPO stuff Taggart is installing. Francois is coming off a serious injury and has shown to be a knucklehead, Blackman is 6-5 and about 160 lbs (not ideal for RPO). The lefty from Powder Springs, Hockman, may fit what he wants to do the best. I hear they would give Barrett a shot at QB...but not guaranteed. Still think he could be a Nesbitt type guy at Tech though
They don't have to tell the kid the truth during recruitment. Just show film of Quentin Flowers and then film of TaQuon Marshall or Vad Lee.

JT5 spurned a factory to have a shot at QB. I like the kids that come in to compete for a job. I'm with you.
Is Justin Thomas playing on Sunday? Come to Tech, you might play qb, you definitely will have to attend class and work your ass off (relative to your high school experience). you won't get coached up, and you'll never be drafted.

Is Justin Thomas playing on Sunday? Come to Tech, you might play qb, you definitely will have to attend class and work your ass off (relative to your high school experience). you won't get coached up, and you'll never be drafted.

He's back with the Steelers as a WR, albeit on a Reserve/Futures contract. He was never going to play QB in the NFL with his size. I have no idea how things would have worked out for him as a DB at Bama, but I kinda doubt he regrets coming here and leading us to an Orange Bowl victory and two thrilling wins in Athens.

Last edited:

giphy.gif

When was the last time Tech got a recruit who "announced" - as in hat reveal, ESPN-worthy, etc.?

When was the last time Tech got a recruit who "announced" - as in hat reveal, ESPN-worthy, etc.?

I don't remember, but I think it's fair to say that we do better with kids who know they want to be here and lock in their decisions early. People are saying Michigan is a good possibility for Barrett, now. Lol. We'll see. Our first signing day started with Michigan poaching the German kid.

I asked my cousin his thoughts on what’s goiing to go down. He is a radio analyst for FSU and does some spot TV stuff as a side line and play by play for FSU on ESPN3. He thinks Barrett will come to GT Bc of the guys in front of him at FSU.
I still think he goes FSU.

I asked my cousin his thoughts on what’s goiing to go down. He is a radio analyst for FSU and does some spot TV stuff as a side line and play by play for FSU on ESPN3. He thinks Barrett will come to GT Bc of the guys in front of him at FSU.
I still think he goes FSU.
The analysts on warchant just posted that FSU didn’t offer Barrett, but Michael Langston expects him to pick Michigan

Gonna be colder than öööö for winter. I've had two co workers from Michigan, more than a decade apart, tell me they would NEVER leave Georgia to live in Michigan. Great choice, kid.

Back