Reggie vs. Jeff

thegtstunner08

Earl of Cheap Seats and Cold Pizza
Is there a comparison as far as their abilities and inconsistencies? Is it fair to compare them?

Size wise, there is no comparison. Jeff is a big guy and maybe faster. But I see that there are similar inconsistencies with the progression of a QB.

Reggie would be a roller coaster-hot one Saturday and Cold the next. His senior year was his best year by far but still made some questionable decisions.

With Jeff, I don't see many questionable decisions from him, just inconsistent with his throws. I know he's getting used to a new OC and QB coach, but dang I would think he would be improved by now.

I dont really see any comparison, except both had to deal with garbage OCs for most of their time here, hopefully that changes with Long and Wienke. Without looking at stats Id guess Sims has a higher career completion % and doesnt have Calvin to throw it too. Reggie did win the ACC rookie of the year and a lot more games, though.

Reggie is one of my favorite GT players. He never quit. Got screwed a couple of times against the gaggers in games we should have won. the fumble was one of the worst calls in the history of the series. Also, the Bobo PI at the end of the 97 game. The PI Stafford got at our place when we were up 20-0 near halftime. (Just a couple of times we got screwed)

Reggie was a damn baller.

Punch that ööööing gagger on the sideline.

Right now, Sims would have to ball out to be Reggie. Reggie was nearly a brawl every game because he wanted the win so badly.

Reggie is one of my favorite GT players. He never quit. Got screwed a couple of times against the gaggers in games we should have won. the fumble was one of the worst calls in the history of the series. Also, the Bobo PI at the end of the 97 game. The PI Stafford got at our place when we were up 20-0 near halftime.

Reggie was a damn baller.

Right now, Sims would have to ball out to be Reggie. Reggie was nearly a brawl every game because he wanted the win so badly.
Reggie was tough, there is no denying that. He helped us get some wins I thought I would never see-Auburn, Miami, Clemson, VT . My BP would be up watching him though lol.

I dont really see any comparison, except both had to deal with garbage OCs for most of their time here, hopefully that changes with Long and Wienke. Without looking at stats Id guess Sims has a higher career completion % and doesnt have Calvin to throw it too. Reggie did win the ACC rookie of the year and a lot more games, though.
I see a lot of upside with Jeff. Reggie could be a basket case sometimes.

Is there a comparison as far as their abilities and inconsistencies? Is it fair to compare them?

Size wise, there is no comparison. Jeff is a big guy and maybe faster. But I see that there are similar inconsistencies with the progression of a QB.

Reggie would be a roller coaster-hot one Saturday and Cold the next. His senior year was his best year by far but still made some questionable decisions.

With Jeff, I don't see many questionable decisions from him, just inconsistent with his throws. I know he's getting used to a new OC and QB coach, but dang I would think he would be improved by now.
With Reggie, it was more a question of a worthless OC in Patrick Nix who couldn't even count downs. Apparently the fruit doesn't fall far from the tree, since his son Bo doesn't have it as a QB either.

Apples and oranges, yet both are fruits. Is that an applicable answer? They are both unique. They both have/had a huge upside. Reggie, never had a great scheme, in my mind. Sims is due to a lack of work. I can see the lack of awareness. Whether is be, lack of awareness of where they are on the field or lack of awareness to read the defense. Both are highly accredited to coaching. While both fell short or is falling short, they are going about it, in different ways. I just see a scheme vs coaching here.

Don't see too many similarities. Reggie was a good QB and mostly played up to his potential, but just wasn't great or consistent enough to lead us where we wanted to be -- a top tier program. Simply put, he was a good but not great QB playing during a time when Tech managed to put great talent on the rest of the field. That 2006 team had enough talent outside of QB to compete for a national title, and instead we ended up with five losses

Jeff Sims has not been a good QB but has flashed a ton of raw potential which he hasn't played up to. The talent around him has been iffy at best outside of the RB room, and the coaching has certainly done him no favors, both for his individual development and the overall situation on the field.

I think most of us still struggle to know exactly what we have in Sims, whereas everyone was pretty clear on what we had in Reggie.

jeff has slightly better numbers so far.. reggie got worse every year.. reggie had a defense to support him and a better OL... reggie had those flash in the pan games though and jeff hasnt really had that (yet)

Reggie was tough, there is no denying that. He helped us get some wins I thought I would never see-Auburn, Miami, Clemson, VT . My BP would be up watching him though lol.
And he had that excellent game winning run against Vanderbilt. I know, Vanderbilt, but it was a hell of a run.

And he had that excellent game winning run against Vanderbilt. I know, Vanderbilt, but it was a hell of a run.
Wasnt that also his first game coming in and a true freshman?

Hard to compare; one guy played for a competent coach and was surrounded by NFL talent — the other guy is surrounded by a band of misfits.

Sims is more gifted physically; I did like Reggie’s confidence, intensity and will to win.

Thursday night, right? NC State got an unsportsmanlike conduct for their ensuing celebration and I failed a math test the next day.
We threw the pick to Calvin instead of just handing the ball to PJ. We were Seattle in the Superbowl before Seattle was.
I still, to this day, say that is the maddest I have ever been at a ballgame. NC State was gassed. We might have even gotten a free play since their DL was huffing down field, they were trying to sub, and there was confusion and pandemonium going on. They probably get a 12 men on the field or defensive offsides. But........we HAD TO throw to Calvin. I called the play as soon as we took a timeout. I turned and said "dammit, we are gonna pass the ball". We were so bad at telegraphing our intentions

Back