Remember the 2014 offense? It's ba-a-a-ck....

If Nate Woody couldn't turn it around in 8 games he's never going to

better fire him
fire CNW. Fire cpj. fire stansbury. fire them all and close the program. we are an embarrassment setting records without passing.

NOBODY CARES AVIUT STIOID FOOTBALL REXORDS WOFHIU OASSING.

I would rather go 0-12 and pass the ball!!!!!

I think Woody needed to be hired at the beginning of last year. Could be having a different conversation right now. I think he gets us in the top 40 or 50 in year two.

you can take your unbiased statistics regarding the efficiency of this offense and DIAF. We NEED A PRO ACTION STYLE OFFENSE TO ATTRACT FANS AND RECRUITS. NOBODY CARES ABOUT SCORING. WE NEED TO PREPARE ATHLETES FOR THE NFL.

FIRE PAUL JONSON AMD HIRES MARK RICKT!!

MODS PLS BAN.
He's right you know.....except for the Richt part...

Not bad for a quarterback who can only run 4 different plays and can't throw.

This reminds me of the death-by-a-thousand-bubble-screens that happened to us against Miami last year. How frustrating it must be for opposing fans to see a player run (at least) *what appears to be* the same play over and over again as he marches down the field.

I know that TO has played some in true relief (ie, with the second string) and other times he's led the first stringers. I'd be curious to further break down his results.

I think Woody needed to be hired at the beginning of last year. Could be having a different conversation right now. I think he gets us in the top 40 or 50 in year two.

Yep, a year late at least. That and a little better special teams play, and this does look like 2014. My yellow-jacket-sense is telling me that we have the defensive coach we've been looking for. We have the pipeline at QB. If, if, if, we can keep the transfers and expulsions down, we have the BB's. Freshmen OL beating out three year starters. Something's percolating!

The problem with being a GT fan is that you usually can't see it coming, either the good or the bad. Just when you least expect it. No way the team that loses to Duke, UNC, and should have lost to GSU beats Miss St.'s best team ever in the Orange bowl. No way we go 3-8 in 2015 with JT and 4 starters back on the best OL in college football. Ones and Zeros; that all we will ever have. Should call us the GT Integers, no real numbers allowed.

The offense isn't a problem against weaker teams. It is the overall approach of the staff that takes no interest in recruiting and coaching a complete football team. Special teams, defense, the kicking game, throwing the forward pass. We do one thing, and most years we do it okay, in fact, well enough to offset our weaknesses in the other areas. But we are not even working on being a complete football team any more.

Running 78 rushes + 1 inc. pass with 40+ QB Keepers isn't a complete team? You don't say!

But hey, this article proves that we put up the big #s as long as we are playing ööööty defenses!

By the way, here are the defensive S+P rankings for the other teams in the Top 10 scoring efficiency ranking...

#2 Clemson
#20 Alabama
#35 UCF
#45 Ohio State
#59 Oklahoma
#77 Washington St
#89 Houston
#92 Army
#106 GT
#115 Ohio

So once again, an average or mediocre defense would likely have us among the zero or one loss teams right now...

you can't even begin to blame the losses to PITT and Duke on our Defense.

Look, it's a nice little article that will make all the CPJ defenders puff up their chests and say "I told you so!" but anyone who thinks this offense does anything but bow down before the multi-threat awesomeness of the 2014 team is delusional, to be polite. These numbers are inflated from the ööööty cupcakes we've blown the öööö out. This exact same offense got stymied vs PITT, Duke, and Clemson - the only 3 decent/good teams we've played. USF is horrific on D too, as their results indicate.

Running 40 QB Keepers in a game is nice and was laughable fun watching idiot Foster continue to play any secondary whatsoever, but it ain't 2014. Hell, it ain't even 2016.

you can't even begin to blame the losses to PITT and Duke on our Defense.

Look, it's a nice little article that will make all the CPJ defenders puff up their chests and say "I told you so!" but anyone who thinks this offense does anything but bow down before the multi-threat awesomeness of the 2014 team is delusional, to be polite. These numbers are inflated from the ööööty cupcakes we've blown the öööö out. This exact same offense got stymied vs PITT, Duke, and Clemson - the only 3 decent/good teams we've played. USF is horrific on D too, as their results indicate.

Running 40 QB Keepers in a game is nice and was laughable fun watching idiot Foster continue to play any secondary whatsoever, but it ain't 2014. Hell, it ain't even 2016.
Those efficiency numbers take quality of opponent into account, and they are elite DESPITE those games you reference. BTW, our offensive performance against Clemson actually looks pretty decent now. We put up more points than FSU, Wake, and NC State combined.

But yeah, the first half against Pitt was bad and the whole Duke game was a debacle on offense. Comparisons to 2014 are not accurate because we can't pass the ball enough to have any semblance of balance when talented teams sell out to stop the run. Thomas to Smelter was money in 2014 and we just don't have that right now.

Maybe we can steal the Army coach! He’s obviously doing more with less. That’ll solve all our problems!!

This reminds me of a graffito I saw in NYC once, in a bar bathroom –
"No matter how hot she is, somebody somewhere is sick of her."

Is it just me, or does the pro-CPJ/anti-CPJ claptrap on here feel a little like the unthinking partisanship of red-state/blue-state America? Tribalistic, as they say.

So Miami is third in the nation in defensive yards per play?

Well, we have a BIG surprise for that stat.

This reminds me of a graffito I saw in NYC once, in a bar bathroom –
"No matter how hot she is, somebody somewhere is sick of her."

Is it just me, or does the pro-CPJ/anti-CPJ claptrap on here feel a little like the unthinking partisanship of red-state/blue-state America? Tribalistic, as they say.
#play-action-pass-coaching-matters

48704A25-7B3E-479F-BC56-ED28378DF1E9.png

We have the dumbest fans on the planet

look who he follows...

By the way, here are the defensive S+P rankings for the other teams in the Top 10 scoring efficiency ranking...

#2 Clemson
#20 Alabama
#35 UCF
#45 Ohio State
#59 Oklahoma
#77 Washington St
#89 Houston
#92 Army
#106 GT
#115 Ohio

So once again, an average or mediocre defense would likely have us among the zero or one loss teams right now...
tenor.gif

Those efficiency numbers take quality of opponent into account, and they are elite DESPITE those games you reference. BTW, our offensive performance against Clemson actually looks pretty decent now. We put up more points than FSU, Wake, and NC State combined.

But yeah, the first half against Pitt was bad and the whole Duke game was a debacle on offense. Comparisons to 2014 are not accurate because we can't pass the ball enough to have any semblance of balance when talented teams sell out to stop the run. Thomas to Smelter was money in 2014 and we just don't have that right now.

That's my point: Title is dumb because we aren't anything close to the 2014 offense.

And our numbers are elite ONLY because of the teams we've faced. We were not elite vs Clemson, Duke, nor PITT. We barely had an offensive pulse in the latter 2.

Back