Reports Tuitt back to ND

I hate today. What a crap day....first Tuitt and now the dogs got BOTH of their big Valdosta targets.
:banghead:

I hate today. What a crap day....first Tuitt and now the dogs got BOTH of their big Valdosta targets.
:banghead:

Why? We'll be back to good again next year, and both UGAg and Notre Lame will stink again.

Why? We'll be back to good again next year, and both UGAg and Notre Lame will stink again.

We may very well have another year like the last one record-wise. New QB, new BB, no WRs, no LBs, no DL. OL should be better.

I never changed my mind in the first place,” she (Momma Tuitt) said.

‘He was disappointed. He said he knows it’s a business." Referring to CPJ.

I love Georgia Tech and their coaching staff. But this is a life decision.” Tuitt.

Anybody want to take a cheap shot at why Tuitt's parents are no longer together? :ohnoes:

I never changed my mind in the first place,” she (Momma Tuitt) said.

‘He was disappointed. He said he knows it’s a business." Referring to CPJ.

I love Georgia Tech and their coaching staff. But this is a life decision.” Tuitt.

These spell it out.

Tuitt's mother had more decision making power than her son and views her son as a business venture.

CPJ and the the Tech coaches knew the mother viewed this commitment as business.

My guess is the mom believes her son stands to earn more money and exposure by playing for ND and his desire not to play for ND would have had life long implications/consequence for her.

Yep- no more bagging groceries at sav-mart. She should ask how much Calvin, BeBe, or Morgans Moms are being treated $$$

With him playing at ND mommy won't even have to get off her lazy ass and go to a stadium to watch him play. All she has to do is tune in to NBC.

I will just wish the best for the kid and his mom.

We need to be classier than ND fans were when Tuitt decommitted.

Would have been great with him but we'll be fine without him.

Well, said.

And if his mother is as "bad" as many are making out - do we want them at GT?

I hope the young man can find his own path. Millions before him have had to make these tough choices. In the long run it would have been better for him at GT, but he has to live his own life at some point.

2 of the last 3 times we have played ND we have kicked their teeth in. If given another chance, we will do it again with or without Stephon.

It is up to our coaches to make things happen with or without some 18 year old with "stars."

It would be interesting to compare the cost of seeing your son play in South Bend versus Atlanta. Two people traveling to South Bend by car and staying one night in a modest hotel - $400? Flying - $800? Staying an extra night - add $100. Eating better than fast food, add another $100 or more each weekend. Multiply by six or seven trips per year. Add in the certain extra costs of traveling to see ND away games. Surely no one will be helping Mama with these costs.

The Carolina Panthers selected Clausen with their first selection in the 2010 draft. He was the 48th overall selection and 16th pick in the second round. Clausen was just the second Notre Dame player ever drafted by the Panthers, joining Kinnon Tatum who was taken in the third round of the 1997 draft. Clausen was the third quarterback drafted this year and is the second Notre Dame quarterback selected in the last four NFL drafts.

The Seattle Seahawks took Tate with the 60th pick of the 2010 draft. He will join former Fighting Irish tight end John Carlson in the Emerald City and play for former USC head coach Pete Carroll. Tate became the first Notre Dame wide receiver drafted since Maurice Stovall was taken by Tampa Bay in the third round of the 2006 draft and Tate was the highest-drafted Irish wide receiver since Derrick Mayes was selected with the 56th pick in the 1996 draft by Green Bay.

Former offensive tackle Sam Young had his name called with the 10th pick of the sixth round, the 179th overall selection, by the Dallas Cowboys. He was the first Notre Dame player taken by "America's Team" since tight end Anthony Fasano in 2006.

Four picks after Young was drafted, the Denver Broncos selected his offensive line teammate Eric Olsen. The Broncos have now drafted a Notre Dame player two straight years (David Bruton in 2009) and three players in the last four drafts (Ryan Harris in 2007). Over the last five drafts, Notre Dame has had six offensive linemen selected, more than any other position group.
Joining Olsen in Denver will be offensive tackle Paul Duncan and safety Kyle McCarthy as both players signed as undrafted free agents. Safety Sergio Brown will be reunited with former Notre Dame defensive backs coach Corwin Brown with the New England Patriots as Sergio Brown signed as an undrafted free agent.

Running back James Aldridge has been invited to the Miami Dolphins rookie minicamp and wide receiver Robby Parris will attend the rookie minicamp of the Cleveland Browns. David Grimes will tryout for the Kansas City Chiefs and former Irish head coach Charlie Weis.

So, last year, ND's best NFL draftee went 48th overall ...

Led by fourth-round NFL draft pick David Bruton, the University of Notre Dame had six former football players either drafted or sign as free agents with NFL teams this weekend. The Fighting Irish have now had 25 players either drafted or signed as undrafted free agents in the last three years.

Bruton was selected with the 114th pick (14th selection in fourth round) by the Denver Broncos. He became the fourth Irish defensive back taken in the last three NFL drafts and joins former teammate Ryan Harris in the Mile High City. One of three team captains in 2008, Bruton started 24 of the final 25 games of his career and totaled 214 tackles, seven interceptions, nine pass breakups, seven tackles for loss, one sack, three fumble recoveries and forced three fumbles with the Irish.

Five Notre Dame players went undrafted but quickly signed with NFL teams:
Joining Bruton in Denver is wide receiver David Grimes. Another 2008 team captain, Grimes totaled 90 career catches for 900 yards with seven TDs at Notre Dame. He stared 24 games in his career and saw his receptions total increase every season.

The year before, their best pick was number 114 ...

In 2008, their best pick went 38th over all

Now, compare to Tech's last three years ... yep ... apples to oranges indeed.

Well, said.

And if his mother is as "bad" as many are making out - do we want them at GT?

Maybe not. She sounds like the kind of control freak that would be a headache to the coaches and athletic dept the whole time her son was here.

CPJ just let Notre Dame score early so we get one last shot at Tuitt.

Maybe not. She sounds like the kind of control freak that would be a headache to the coaches and athletic dept the whole time her son was here.

I actually want Stephon to go to school as far away from home as possible so he can become his own man.

Although I'm chuckling at the idea of a mom that throws away a straight A report card only to yell at her son: "Only 14 sacks?! Where do you think you'll end up in 4 years with this kind of numbers?? Your cousin had 16 when he was your age! You're no son of mine!" :laugher:

Back