Reports Tuitt back to ND

The GT bias on this board, although understandable, is ridiculous. ND and GT are both great schools that set him up great for NFL or non-NFL ambitions.

I agree. I don't really care for the GT vs. ND comparison. I don't know how you would say one side is better than the other without at least some bias.

What I don't like about this situation is that ND seemed to have the key to the Tuitt household because of the mom and I'm sure that the mom did everything she possibly could to make sure her son chose ND. Being objective, I don't blame the mom for wanting her son to go to ND. It's just a shame the way she did it.

Either way, I would prefer CPJ and staff to drop this and focus on other recruits. Good luck, Stephon.

I will be surprised if the new NCAA Cam Newton rule doesn't continue to have its effect.

Apples and Oranges? This is a life decision? This crosses a line. She has lost her damn mind. From an Academic and Earning potential statement that is moronic. AND IN REALITY, IN PRESENT TIMES where we should live when talking about such things, she is out of her damn mind in football as well. Can anyone name me a Notre Dame defensive lineman since Bryant Young to go in the first round and have an impact in the NFL? Should we seriously compare current GT vs ND players in the NFL? When was the last time they had a number 2 overall go? When was the last time they had 2 players in the first round go? Their highest pick in recent years iirc was Brady Quinn, how is that working out? When was the last time they won a MNC? Give me a ****ing break, like I said earlier you can tell by the verbiage that this is personal for her, if she keeps trashing Tech it is going to become personal for me.

No, the answer you would get is that Notre Dame hasn't been a Catholic university for at least 10 years as some of the policies at that school fly in the face of the CCC. Then there would be 5 pages of people attacking ND's policies.

As far as offenses where you can be excommunicated (excluding the offenses that can only be committed by a Catholic cleric):

Can. 1364 Someone is openly declares to be an apostate or heretic
Can. 1367 Desecration of the Holy Eucharist
Can. 1370 Use of physical force against the pope
Can. 1374 Anyone who becomes a Freemason
Can. 1398 Obtaining or assisting to obtain a completed abortion

Guys, the question was entirely TIC.

I will be surprised if the new NCAA Cam Newton rule doesn't continue to have its effect.

Yeah, that's kind of my thought as well. When a parent is so adamant about a certain school, overriding the kid's wishes, it's certainly easy to entertain the thought that something more was at play.

Either way, it's crazy how much influence both parents and high school coaches have over recruits. Dammit people, let the kids play where they want and leave them alone.

Apples and Oranges? This is a life decision? This crosses a line. She has lost her damn mind. From an Academic and Earning potential statement that is moronic. AND IN REALITY, IN PRESENT TIMES where we should live when talking about such things, she is out of her damn mind in football as well. Can anyone name me a Notre Dame defensive lineman since Bryant Young to go in the first round and have an impact in the NFL? Should we seriously compare current GT vs ND players in the NFL? When was the last time they had a number 2 overall go? When was the last time they had 2 players in the first round go? Their highest pick in recent years iirc was Brady Quinn, how is that working out? When was the last time they won a MNC? Give me a ****ing break, like I said earlier you can tell by the verbiage that this is personal for her, if she keeps trashing Tech it is going to become personal for me.

I wasn't at this point until I read her quotes. Like I said in another thread, there's no need for these not-so-thinly veiled shots at GT.

When was the last time they had a defensive player drafted, Zibikowski?

Actually, I wouldn't put it past some WalMart UGAg moron threatening her life if he went to Tech. Monroe is big mutt country after all. :wink:

It is true. That's not to say that GT wouldn't influence his life, it's just that being a Notre Dame football player alum would influence it so much more. They're on a different level than us in things like that.

They have a nation-wide network of huge fans and everything about them is of national interest. People fly in to bumble**** Indiana and sell out every one of their games. You graduate as an ND football player and you're set for life.

We can't even sell out a 55k stadium in the middle of a big city. It is apples and oranges.

Pardon me to get wrapped up in semantics but how in the hell is it "apples to oranges"? Do people know what that means?

It is clearly "apples to apples" and the mother and you are using the phrase incorrectly. She is just saying they have "more apples". What people are trying to say with that phrase is that we are not in the same league as ND, which is arguably wrong based on on-field results. But they do have their own network deal and a nationwide alumni network second to none.

They also are in a crappy location, especially if you are not fond of the cold and care about visiting home in Atlanta very often. But everyone has to make their decision and live with it.

One thing is for certain: CPJ will have the last word. I bet we're going to get another Aycock "don't get on that plane" gem out of this one.

I never changed my mind in the first place,” she (Momma Tuitt) said.

‘He was disappointed. He said he knows it’s a business." Referring to CPJ.

I love Georgia Tech and their coaching staff. But this is a life decision.” Tuitt.

These spell it out.

Tuitt's mother had more decision making power than her son and views her son as a business venture.

CPJ and the the Tech coaches knew the mother viewed this commitment as business.

My guess is the mom believes her son stands to earn more money and exposure by playing for ND and his desire not to play for ND would have had life long implications/consequence for her.

Tuitt and mom:
Toddlers-Tiaras-tv-31.jpg

FWIW, if you are an elite athlete and confident you will go to the NFL then it hardly matters where you go for NFL futures. It could be ND, GT, or Prairie View A&M and a top talent will be recognized by the NFL.

It is the marginal (2nd round and below) player who needs to worry about prestige of FB program. And of course if you might not make it in the NFL, THEN you need to worry more about school than FB program.

P.S.
Prestige of FB program can cut two ways. More people watch you, but there is also more competition for playing time. Again, if you aren't elite enough not to worry about that then you could find yourself sitting on the bench at that prestigious FB program. It is a balancing act making the decision. Good players ride benches at many schools.

I don't think we understand the complete situation. Only small details.

It maybe true that the mother is a control freak who is forcing her kid to ND for religious, money and/or exposure reasons. If so, I think she committed him to ND early and after his recent visit to Tech he informed his H.S. coach of the situation and the H.S. coach went to the media about leaving ND and committing to Tech to try and help the kid with what he truly wanted to do.

However, maybe the kid just hates to disappoint and has dug himself such a hole that he feels compelled to use his mother as a way out. Maybe she is taking on the role of the bad guy and taking the brunt of this so that her son can do what he really wants to do and play for ND.

In the end I'm sure CPJ and the staff were somewhat aware of the situation and all though they had his verbal they were likely not putting all their eggs in the Tuitt basket.

This was my take also.

Back