Respect

watch out for UNC. They're basically GT under Tevin-- potent offense and atrocious defense. if they ever figure out that side of the ball they will be dangerous

OL was probably Clemson's weak spot in 2014. I'm not sure replacing them all is necessarily a bad thing. Could be bad. Could be good. Not a slam dunk either way.

Anyway, we all know using metrics from the prior season is 100% predictive of future outcomes. Let's keep rolling with this.

OL was probably Clemson's weak spot in 2014. I'm not sure replacing them all is necessarily a bad thing. Could be bad. Could be good. Not a slam dunk either way.

Anyway, we all know using metrics from the prior season is 100% predictive of future outcomes. Let's keep rolling with this.

I didn't say it was, but it's also not objective to say, "Dude, Deshaun Watson was awesome, they're better than us." It's just pessimism. One of my great annoyances with the GT fanbases is that pessimism is seen as objective and/or more realistic.

Oh, I know what you mean. I had more than one GT fan tell me UNC was going to be a top 10 team all those years under Davis. Told them I'd believe it when I saw it.

Never did.

I didn't say it was, but it's also not objective to say, "Dude, Deshaun Watson was awesome, they're better than us." It's just pessimism. One of my great annoyances with the GT fanbases is that pessimism is seen as objective and/or more realistic.
Has DW been through a full 60 minutes of pressure D. I don't get the hype. Has not proven himself under fire.

also I take issue with the argument that Clemson would've beaten us if Watson had finished the game. Do you remember how we were teeing off on him? There was no possibility of him completing that game.

Well, we all know that game would have turned out differently if Watson didnt get hurt

If your team falls apart because one player gets hurt, then you're not a good team. What happens if JT goes down instead and it's Watson vs Byerly? I still wouldn't concede a loss. If your hopes for beating your rival rest on a true frosh at QB playing well and not getting hurt after already missing time for injuries earlier in the season, then you're not a good team.

Why can't people understand this? We bitch and moan about Nesbitt going down against VT in '10, but Tevin actually played reasonable well and kept us in the game. Would we have won with Nesbitt? Maybe. But Tevin didn't come in and embarrass us.

And if Clemson's hopes of beating us this year again rely on a lanky, injury-prone QB (who they ask to run a ton in their scheme) not getting hurt before or during our game then they should start wrapping that kid in bubble wrap now. Because it's going to be a dogfight with him playing, and another beatdown if he's not.

clemson ran 18 plays before watson got hurt. watson carried the ball on 7 of those plays. that's how you get your QB hurt. if they do it again this year, the results will be the same.

also I take issue with the argument that Clemson would've beaten us if Watson had finished the game. Do you remember how we were teeing off on him? There was no possibility of him completing that game.

Loved seeing the GT D laying serious wood on DW in the 1st qtr as if to say, "Okay, if this is how it's gonna' be, with you trying to make something happen play after play, here's the price."

Who in the hell would pick NCST to win the ACC? Clemson ALWAYS gets first place love for no reason. They've been to the ACCCG like what, twice?

Loved seeing the GT D laying serious wood on DW in the 1st qtr as if to say, "Okay, if this is how it's gonna' be, with you trying to make something happen play after play, here's the price."

And yet people keep commenting on how our offense is dependent on JT and one hit away from going down the drain. I can't remember a single big hit on JT from last year - the only one I can think of is 2013 Miami in garbage time.

Not to mention Byerly is likely a top 4 QB (maybe top 3?) under CPJs reign at GT - just nobody outside of Tech fans and Duke know that. We probably have the best backup QB in the conference right now relative to the offenses each team has.

And yet people keep commenting on how our offense is dependent on JT and one hit away from going down the drain. I can't remember a single big hit on JT from last year - the only one I can think of is 2013 Miami in garbage time.

Not to mention Byerly is likely a top 4 QB (maybe top 3?) under CPJs reign at GT - just nobody outside of Tech fans and Duke know that. We probably have the best backup QB in the conference right now relative to the offenses each team has.
He got rocked one time by Denzel Perryman in the Miami game.

It wasn't a big hit, but I also recall his ankle getting rolled up on by a CB against Duke.

It sure was. It was on a qb draw up the middle and DP was waiting on him and laid him out. JT just sat on the field for a few seconds till a teammate literally lifted him to his feet.

I tried to find it in clips but I couldn't. I'd have to go back and watch the entire game online to find it so that ain't happening.

Not relevant, but still epic.
2013-10-0515_35_15.gif

It sure was. It was on a qb draw up the middle and DP was waiting on him and laid him out. JT just sat on the field for a few seconds till a teammate literally lifted him to his feet.

I tried to find it in clips but I couldn't. I'd have to go back and watch the entire game online to find it so that ain't happening.

Sorry I was referring to the play in the Duke game. The Miami hit was nasty.

Back