Respect

I'm certainly a big fan of you are the king until somebody knocks you off.

My opinion here is:
1. Clemson lost too much in the trenches and a fine OC, way too much losses to expect to be #1.
2. The Atlantic is a tough horserace to handicap with lots of questions. But the writers have to pick somebody. When in doubt, they are picking the QB. I'm pretty sure they are wrong. FSU is the king till Clemson proves something.
3. Atlantic is the king till Coastal proves something. Voters seem to feel that way. I'm OK with that.
4. We have a very tough schedule.

2 of the ESPN Writers picked Virginia Tech over us.. lots of articles about them lately..

LINK

Here's how they voted:

Matt Fortuna

Coastal:
1. Virginia Tech
2. Georgia Tech

Andrea Adelson

Coastal:
1. Virginia Tech
2. Georgia Tech

David Hale

Coastal:
1. Georgia Tech
2. Virginia Tech

Jared Shanker

Coastal:
1. Georgia Tech
2. Duke
3. Virginia Tech

does VT have a new QB to replace Brewer? If not I don't get the VT#1 picks

It's hard to imagine Brewer making much improvement at this stage of his career. He's been a pretty good passer, but he has no dangerous mobility and tends to make mistakes if he gets rushed at all. This year, our defense should be able to neutralize Brewer a lot better than last year.

The bigger threat from VT is their defense, which is always good, but is probably going to be the best in the conference this year. The matchup of our OL against their DL should be the focus of the game.

Fortuna and adelson are both genuine retards. If anyone is better in the coastal it is VT though. So you figure someone will pick them

It's nice to see the College Football Annuals rating Georgia Tech #15. I think the Jackets go 9-3(losing to Notre Dame,Clemson and Florida State) in 2015 and go to another ACCCG

Their ceiling is a game or two above ours and there floor is two games below ours IMHO. I wouldn't be surprised to see 11-1 and I wouldn't be surprised to see 5-7. Watson is significantly more important to their success than JT is to ours because we've got Byerly as a safety valve and they've got nothing. If Watson goes down they really might not make a bowl game. If he stays healthy AND there defense reloads like the media hype train expects then they'll be favored in probably all of their games.

But when it comes down to it, I just think we beat them this year. I'm more worried about VT at home than Clemson on the road. Weird to say, but I think them having to play ND the week before and turn around to play us with as much defensive experience playing the option that they lost will be a tall order. I think we put up 30+,our revamped DL gives their inexperienced OL problems, and our senior-laden secondary limits enough big plays to take it on the road.

I just have to disagree with your statement that I bolded. One of the key differences with JT at quarterback is his speed; his ability to get to the edge forces opponents to spread out, which gives us more room. Without that speed, see VT vs. Tevin for how teams will defend us.

I would like for us to please just finally rout Virginia Tech.

It's been too öööö long.

We've never really "routed" them. Granted we were up 31-13 in '06 but they scored some late TD's to make it a more respectable 38-27. We are 4-8 against them all-time, and 2-4 in BDS. 2-5 overall under CPJ. They really have had our number. I will say this, three of those defeats came with an incredibly stupid play. 2008- The phantom late hit, 2010- Nesbitt gets hurt up 14/0, 2011- Attouchou's miscue. But 2012-2014 they just had a really good defensive strategy against us

Also have posted a -91 against them all time.

I just have to disagree with your statement that I bolded. One of the key differences with JT at quarterback is his speed; his ability to get to the edge forces opponents to spread out, which gives us more room. Without that speed, see VT vs. Tevin for how teams will defend us.

Okay. That doesn't refute my comment. Byerly running our offense is still better than whoever couldn't beat out Stout last year running their offense. JT is a stud, but we won't fall apart if he gets hurt - our predicted win total would probably drop ~1.5 games. If Watson goes down they probably drop ~3.5 games.

It's hard to imagine Brewer making much improvement at this stage of his career. He's been a pretty good passer, but he has no dangerous mobility and tends to make mistakes if he gets rushed at all. This year, our defense should be able to neutralize Brewer a lot better than last year.

The bigger threat from VT is their defense, which is always good, but is probably going to be the best in the conference this year. The matchup of our OL against their DL should be the focus of the game.

I don't think Brewer is that good, but I think he's better than that embarrassment of an OL made him look last season. He's good enough to make plays if given time (or having fumbles fall into his lap). The bigger concern is that he's got 2 of the better receiving threats in the conference to throw to. Hodges is a major mismatch at TE in the passing game because LBs can't cover him. And I think Ford might be the best WR in the conference this season - I'm really impressed with him. Decent size, great speed, and elite ball skills.

Nobody else is that impressive on their offense - none of their RBs are anywhere close to the Williams/Wilson talents they had when they were good. Teller at OG is supposed to be good, but that's all projection at this point. None of their other WRs look good either.

I think we're gonna stuff their ground game with our DL outmatching their OL. But I see Hodges giving us problems and Ford picking up a lot of yards between the 20s. Then it comes down to how well we execute against whatever solid gameplan Foster decides to use.

Last year was actually the first year I think CPJ out-matched Foster since '09. We put up 20 (on offense) with a missed chip-shot FG, a 70 yard TD run called back for BS penalty, and a wide open TD on 4th and short that JT just short-armed. Foster was crashing the CBs hard and JT just missed a few throws that would have been easy points. I think the first one was to Waller on 4th down from around the 35. Play action murdered their DBs and Thomas shortarmed it under moderate pressure. Then he missed Waller again in the 4th when the pass got batted. And then we hit Smelter wide open on the next play to tie it. It'll be tougher this year without Smelter. He was owning their all-American CB Fuller. Had about 90 yards and a TD in the 4th quarter against that kid. Okay this turned into a long post.

Back