Richt to Miami?

I don't see how anyone could think he won't take another HC job. I know, I know- he's really nice, loves to do mission work, loves his family, UGA, and he's set for life financially... But he's still a competitor! It's not like he doesn't want to win championships. He's also still a man... If everyone says you can't win a championship for so long, what's the one thing you want before your career ends?

Guys, let's be real here, Richt aint going to Miami, he has a very successful spray tan business and he is the main model, he really doesn't need to go back to being a coach.

He will be getting calls from his former teammates trying to get him down to Miami. He can do a lot for that program going in. I believe at this point, he is the only on capable of negotiating in a new stadium for them nearer to campus. Miami needs a new place. They are drifting and lost while FSU has rebounded. Richt goes in with the support of his former teammates and numerous other Canes from the 80's and 90's - probably even get support from former coaches Schnellenberger and Johnson. I think he is needed in Miami more so than any other coach they could hire

He will be getting calls from his former teammates trying to get him down to Miami. He can do a lot for that program going in. I believe at this point, he is the only on capable of negotiating in a new stadium for them nearer to campus. Miami needs a new place. They are drifting and lost while FSU has rebounded. Richt goes in with the support of his former teammates and numerous other Canes from the 80's and 90's - probably even get support from former coaches Schnellenberger and Johnson. I think he is needed in Miami more so than any other coach they could hire
This is what I've been saying. More than any school I know of, Miami is in desperate need of scrapping their love for their brief but great history and beginning a new culture rather than these coaches trying to revive it with their own flavor. Richt can do that. I hope he doesn't, because I don't want to deal with him in our division, but he'd be a great choice for Miami.

This is what I've been saying. More than any school I know of, Miami is in desperate need of scrapping their love for their brief but great history and beginning a new culture rather than these coaches trying to revive it with their own flavor. Richt can do that. I hope he doesn't, because I don't want to deal with him in our division, but he'd be a great choice for Miami.

Exactly. He goes in and has a list of "this is what I will do for the Miami program" and presents them a list of "now this is what I need YOU to do for the Miami program".

To me, it would be the best way for Miami to get back on track from Randy Shannon/move from Orange Bowl in 2008/hire a coach from Temple debacle the program has become.

Exactly. He goes in and has a list of "this is what I will do for the Miami program" and presents them a list of "now this is what I need YOU to do for the Miami program".

To me, it would be the best way for Miami to get back on track from Randy Shannon/move from Orange Bowl in 2008/hire a coach from Temple debacle the program has become.

On the flip side, if I'm Richt and I'm trying to decide whether I even want to be a HC again, I'm staying far away from Miami. That job will require a lot more effort than Georgia ever did. The administration down there can get all the praise they want for whatever hand they had in the new stadium upgrades but the rest of that program still has a long way to go and the coach is going to have to spearhead that effort the same way you see Dabo doing in Clemson, with the difference being that there are people up there who actually want to make it rain on Swinney. I don't know that you'll find that in south Florida.

This. I hope he goes to South Carolina though.

So lunch, it's a date then.

635800133016431570276547047_stepbrothers-did-we-just-become-best-friends.gif

So who has Miami been looking at? I haven't heard anything.

So who has Miami been looking at? I haven't heard anything.

If you want to start eliminating possible Miami candidates, head over to their message board and mark every name you see them mention off the list. Those dudes are off in space somewhere.

They might retain their interim guy as well, I would think.

They might retain their interim guy as well, I would think.

Is that actually a possibility? I know the market is getting stretched thin this year but good grief. I hope they do, one less team to compete with when we get our act together.

Is that actually a possibility? I know the market is getting stretched thin this year but good grief. I hope they do, one less team to compete with when we get our act together.

They won 4 out of their 5 under the guy, losing only to UNC.

They won 4 out of their 5 under the guy, losing only to UNC.

Eh, the win against Pittsburgh is the only one of those I'd say could be worth considering. The Duke game should have been a loss and North Carolina took them to pound town.

Still, he got better results than Golden this year, I'll give him that.

Richt will coach again; if not in 2016, certainly by 2017. And if it's an ACC school, he'll own us again.

Back