Richt to Miami.

I was hoping Richt would have coached at a school where it's actually difficult to win. A place where Top Ten classes are not at all common.

THAT would have proven whether he is a great coach or not. But part of me wants to see him do well (at least in Year 1 while UGA will most assuredly suck). The UGA butthurt will be at its pinnacle.

I dunno. He seemed to do his best at uga when he was calling the plays.

Bobo wasn't bad. And I still don't know how good or bad Schottenheimer is. I mean, when your options at QB are Lambert, Ramsey and Faton Bauta, and you have one proven wide receiver, yeah, your offense may not be all that much. Plus, the Dawgs OL vastly underperformed this year, too.

It's easier to run an offense when your QB is Matt Stafford or Aaron Murray and you have Massaquoi and AJ Green to throw to.

Some dwags are saying it wouldn't be very christianlike for Richt to pursue Eason after he spent so much time and energy to convince him to go to dwagland. I say, come on Richt, they fired you for being a good Christian man. Good Christian men don't win national championships, Sabans and Urbans do.

Some dwags are saying it wouldn't be very christianlike for Richt to pursue Eason after he spent so much time and energy to convince him to go to dwagland. I say, come on Richt, they fired you for being a good Christian man. Good Christian men don't win national championships, Sabans and Urbans do.

This would be the most ridiculous argument of ones faith I have ever heard of in my life if this is true. Totally believable nonetheless and even if you did make this up I'm sure it has been said either way.

This would be the most ridiculous argument of ones faith I have ever heard of in my life if this is true. Totally believable nonetheless and even if you did make this up I'm sure it has been said either way.

They're bitching about it on dawgrant. The same people who were bitching that he's not grayshirting, oversigning and cutting players like Saban.

I don't think this split has been very...cordial.

It wouldn't surprise me to find Mark Richt being a great negative recruiter against UGA in the coming years.

I don't think this split has been very...cordial.

It wouldn't surprise me to find Mark Richt being a great negative recruiter against UGA in the coming years.

In his defense, Miami, FL >> Athens, GA

In his defense? He was fired, he didn't leave uga because he wanted to.

Well he interviewed at Miami before the Florida game.. Also flew to Washington that week to lock up Eason to Miami... So I would say he quit uga at that point

Well he interviewed at Miami before the Florida game.. Also flew to Washington that week to lock up Eason to Miami... So I would say he quit uga at that point

LOL, what? No he didn't.
He interviewed at Miami on Tuesday...2 days after he was fired.

Edited:
I just saw where you posted a "credit to op" in the other thread that has been going on for a month or so where the guy claimed to have seen Richt on a flight to Miami a while ago.

LOL...I take it that you didn't realize that whole thread was StingTalkers trolling the media, trying to get them to start a rumor that Richt was leaving Georgia. In other words, it didn't really happen.

I have a lot more Miami fans on Facebook than usual this week. Did the gaggers want this guy fired or not?

He and UGA mutually parted ways.

I don't think we will know the full story on "who broke up with who" till the terms of Mark's parachute are known.
If they pay out the remainder of his contract in full, then uGa fired him, plain and simple. If Marks next check is his last one, then he quit. If it's somewhere in between, then I'll buy the mutually parted ways story. Follow the money and you will get the truth.

He and UGA mutually parted ways.

Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up.gif

LOL, what? No he didn't.
He interviewed at Miami on Tuesday...2 days after he was fired.

Edited:
I just saw where you posted a "credit to op" in the other thread that has been going on for a month or so where the guy claimed to have seen Richt on a flight to Miami a while ago.

LOL...I take it that you didn't realize that whole thread was StingTalkers trolling the media, trying to get them to start a rumor that Richt was leaving Georgia. In other words, it didn't really happen.

Radio also confirmed on 680 he interviewed previously

The Coastal is a bloodbath of coaches now.... Richt, Johnson, Fuente, Cutcliffe, Fedora, Narduzzi, ugh.

How many 3 time ACC Coach of the Year winners in that group?

I still like our guy for GT better than everyone on that list.

Miami hiring Richt is a better decision than UGA hiring Smart.

Back